Thursday morning no sunshine yet..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday morning no sunshine yet..

Good Morning to all....it is really starting to look like winter, but not Christmas.

Got my finger poke yesterday, the number is still high which they want so the blood doesn't pool and maybe the clot with disappear also, so still once a week for blood checks, appt. on the 20th with the Dr.

Maxie, last year I had one of those 'scans' they want women of a certain age and bracket to have, a full body one and they also found suspicious lumps on my thyroid they are watching them for now, also found a hiatal hernia and a few other things and like you it is seeing one Dr. after another for these suspicious things...it is really a cancer screening I believe..and agree with some of the receptionist/office gals you talk with, they treat you like they are a Dr. and you know nothing...I got really PO'd with one recently that didn't have a clue what was going on with me and actually ask if I had seen my family Dr. first, LOL...I told her she best stick with answering the phone and taking appts. not trying to play Dr., I told the nurse and Dr. about it when I went there, guess I caused her to lose her job as she is not there anymore...she was really overstepping her boundaries...

Well hoping to get some dough mixed up for gingerbread men, thinking about using the KA's recipe if I can't find the one I used last year, everyone loved them last year and said they loved them because they were not real strong tasting...I need to get all of the Christmas 'stuff' I have bought for the grandgirls together to see where I stand, I always go by what I spend on each of them, my daughter says they are more concerned they have the same amount of gifts...so I need to be mindful of that.

Hubby goes to the office this morning, for that I am glad, he likes noise all day, I do not...sometimes i also need the kitchen to myself without someone in there with me asking to many questions, LOL...I don't bother him when he is in his barn... Well time to go read the news, have some coffee, decide what to fix for supper and get on with things.

Great day to all of you,...so thankful.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good Morning.

Sharon, getting old - not so much fun.

I finally have the last of the pecans in the oven and will bag them this morning. We still have a bunch of uncracked, but I can't think about that anymore. So tired of this.

Ordered a part for my refrig, which didn't fit, so took it to UPS shipping, also took back something I bought for John at WM that he didn't care for (neck heat/vibrate thingy), got John and haircut, so while we were out, we bought a piza at Dominos and had it for lunch. Productive day yesterday and enough pizza for today.

Hope all is well with everyone. Have a good Thursday.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! It is frigid out there, but at least the winds stopped. It was howling last night.

Yesterday was good. I spent the morning at the school volunteering in the Christmas shop helping kids make decisions on what to buy for the people on their list. Then it was off to town to deliver the doctor's office their cookies. Stopped for a McD fish sandwich....I love them! Make a quick run thru Giant Eagle to pick up their sale items before the sale ended yesterday. 80/20 hamburger was $1.99/lb and I just couldn't pass that up.

Came home and got started baking. Made PB Kiss, PB, Gingerbread Men, and caramel cups. Supper was each for their own. I've GOT to cook something tonight.

This morning is Bible study. I missed it last week because Sue couldn't work on Friday, but could on Thursday. Giant Eagle has a fantastic sale on sugar, flour, & eggs....$.99 but must buy in sets of 3....NO PROBLEM THERE!!! I'm stocking up! Obviously that ad was created before the whole egg thing. Eggs jumped from $.59/doz to $1.89/doz last week at Aldi's.

Then it'll be home to put finishing touches on several kinds of cookies and to get them all packaged up. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter. I REALLY want to be done baking by early next week. We'll see. Of course I have trays to make up clear thru Christmas week, but if the weather is going to stay really cold, I may get a bunch made up early & store them outside on the porch.

Maxie....feeling better today?

Oh....big news for Becca....she got accepted into the Masters program and her employer is going to help pay for it....yea!!!!! She's excited. Now if she would just hear something on the house. It's been a week now with no news.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning all.

Cold here too. Don't have any intentions of going out. After I got home from Vincennes, I stayed in, and didn't go out for Bible Study. I called E. about 4P and I had to really strain to talk. Even though I'm coughing up the "crud", it seems the cold wants to hang on tight. Have to be over this by Tuesday for my arm surgery.

​Time to get me something for breakfast, so everyone have a good day.

The Haircut;

A teenage boy had just passed his driving test and inquired of his father as to when they could discuss his use of the car.
        His father said he'd make a deal with his son, "You bring your grades up from a C to a B average, study your Bible a little, and get your hair cut. Then we'll talk about the car."

The boy thought about that for a moment, decided, he'd settle for the offer, and they agreed on it.
        After about six weeks his father said, "Son, you've brought your grades up and I've observed that you have been studying your Bible, but I'm disappointed you haven't had your hair cut."

The boy said, "You know, Dad, I've been thinking about that, and I've noticed in my studies of the Bible that Samson had long hair, John the Baptist had long hair, Moses had long hair, and there's even strong evidence that Jesus had long hair."

(You're going to love the Dad's reply!)

"Did you also notice they all walked everywhere they went?

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• boffler
          boffler commented
          Editing a comment
          Walking always a good way to start, LOL

Good one again, Jostoy!

It is going to be clear and chilly this morning but the afternoons are nice at high 60's.

My brother got off really early; he took the 6:00 am flight back to MN. He stayed an extra day and got a good idea of how my mom is and what is going on. Meaning she will not get rid of very much at all and that includes things that need to be gone. Like she has a number (5?) of Christmas tree stands in her garage that Bruce was helping her clean out. She would not let him do anything with them because she Might need one...last year she bought a beautiful big artificial tree. And how would you need more than one??? But, at least things are orderly and staked up and the lawn chairs are covered and Bruce could see for himself how everything is.

Tomorrow night is Christmas caroling, hot cocoa and cookies at church. It is also the shelter dinner. Becky made cookies last night and will make some Oreo truffles tonight and I don't think I am going to make any. I had thought I would, but it finally dawned on me: everything Becky makes is coming our of my house and kitchen and budget. So, with the shelter dinner I think I am doing enough. I can always take some of the fancy butter cookies the store bakery has at this time of year, but I am not going to stress over baking . I want the dinner to be good.

My friend who cooks with me gave me a big bag of lemons and another bag of walnuts yesterday. She had been given a bunch and split t hem between us.
        Donna, that price of eggs is amazing at the .89 dozen level. I am happy that Walmart sells them for 1.48 a dozen and 2.50 I think, for the 18 pack which is what I buy.

I hope you all have a good, productive day, and that means doing whatever it takes to be happy and feel the Joy of this wonderful Season!

Comment

Oh boy, did you guys get the best of me yesterday. After reading on here I went back to bed and stayed there. This morning I am so swollen and sore. Been taking the halved pain pills and they are doing half the job but I am not humming. Really not feeling great and not happy about not being able to eat.

Snowed here a bit last night. Sierra says it was on the windshields and in some places left tire marks but it is gone this morning. Someone has finally stabilized the heat in this house so I am not freezing and can no longer tell the temp outside by seeing my breath inside.

Jon had the elf under the tree yesterday with a small set of tools and a demolished lego car. I like the broken leg too...that would keep us from hiding him for a couple of days although that is the first thing he looks for when coming in afternoons. We may use that one on the last day before he leaves...always have a farewell on the last day.

Well people, I am not off to a great start this morning so think I will sponge bath and try to wash my hair. I am to sore to stand in a slick shower and have not sat in a bathtub, even my own, for many years. Heard on the local news that one of the area schools has beeen closed for the rest of the week due to flu. Seems that flu vaccine may not be the right mix this year? Where do they get their info on mixing the right sequence?

Comment

• determined
            determined commented
            Editing a comment
            Maxie, don't know if you saw it yesterday but posted an elf idea that you would love

Good morning.
          I posted yesterday but I doubt anyone saw it. So here’s what happened.

What a mixed up morning we had yesterday. It was MY appointment yesterday and HIS appointment today. We both remembered that wrong! I was dressed and ready in 5 minutes. Somehow we got to the Cancer Center in half the time with 5 minutes to spare. There was no sign-in line, so it took me 1 minute to sign in. Another minute or two to get to my doctor’s station, and they called me within the next minute.
          I waited in the exam room for about 45 minutes. 🙄
          The doc said the MRI was great in that there is NO sign of cancer returning. However, he emphasized that suddenly I have A LOT of bile stones —- A LOT! he repeated.
          So Monday I have an appointment with the appropriate surgeon to get this checked out and soon repaired.
          OBoy, it’s just one fun thing after another.
          If there is to be any surgery, they will snake some tiny device down my throat to get all those stones. I’d better be unconscious, preferably with a Valium-Demerol cocktail beforehand. We will see what my next treatment actually entails.
          I’m not looking forward to this, but it’s very necessary. 😟

We have a beautiful sunny day today. Supposed to get only to 60°. About the same tomorrow as well.

Can’t think of anything much worth writing about today. E fixed me a waffle with apple jelly, and I have hot peach tea. I’m set.

Have a good day, everyone. ☀️
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Войдите на Facebook, чтобы общаться с друзьями, родственниками и знакомыми.
            Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good afternoon everyone...

Do know what to day is???..To day it the 7th..The Attack on pearl....

Make christmas gift for my Aunt..And it is wreath...And the time just flew by...
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good evening

been one busy day.. I got to be home all day..got (my other house) the downstairs rooms where Mike and Pam stay when they are here. fairly well tidy, dusted and sweeper run . kitchen swept ,will mob that floor closer their arrival day.. the downstairs was were the original owners mother lived .

got the afghan I'm making great G.son..finished!. took most of the afternoon and evening to get it all ...wish I Knew how to post a picture of it here....now I will give my fingers/hands a rest.. get the unused yarn put away and tidy up my computer room..

have missed reading my usual 3 books a week.. so must head for bed now with one of them.

loved the story Jostoy ..will read to DAvid tomorrow!..

also, Love your attitude Sharon!... your body... your control.. you got the right idea "early"... most of us wait until we are Senior Citizens to let off steam at
                those who offend!!..go for it.

see you tomorrow.. bed time .

Comment

Working...
                X