Welcome to winter weather Sunday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to winter weather Sunday

A cold 33 degrees right now, had lots of rain all day yesterday and many roads around us closed, we stayed inside all day...was a great day for tomato soup and grilled cheese, it was funny, I told hubby I was fixing lunch if he wanted any, told him what I was fixing and he said, "I was just thinking a little bit ago how good tomato soup and grilled cheese sounded". I must have read his thoughts...

Today will be get the house ready for Thanksgiving Day, they have my TEE and cardioversion scheduled for Tuesday morning, so going to have to get my house done today and tomorrow, and then on Wednesday bake pies and do all the prep that I can for Thursday. We do our turkey on the grill after I have brined it for 2 to 3 days...pie crust are made and in the freezer...we are a lover of pies in this family, youngest son said he would come down early on Thursday to help get the meal prepared...Doesn't really need to, the only problem I have after the cardioversion is the burns from the paddles that itch like crazy, just use cortizon cream, went to Hawaii after the last one, LOL..

Made soft oatmeal cookies yesterday, finally found the recipe I used years and years ago, and they do taste good...

So onward and upward, time to decide on breakfast...

Have a great day one and all.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Looks like we did it again, Boff. I'll try to delete my thread.

Good morning everyone.

It is cold out there. Well at least by the weather guys and my outside temp. thingy. I haven't stuck my nose even into the garage.

​S.S. and Church this morning. Maybe lunch out after that. The high is to be only 39. Quite the difference from yesterday at 62.

Nothing else on my agenda so far. So will just say "have a good day".

BTW, Boff, I love soft oatmeal cookies.

Daddy's Empty Chair

A man's daughter had asked the local minister to come and pray with her father. When the minister arrived, he found the man lying in bed with his head propped up on two pillows.
    An empty chair sat beside his bed. The minister assumed that the old fellow had been informed of his visit. "I guess you were expecting me", he said.
    "No, who are you?" said the father.
    The minister told him his name and then remarked, "I saw the empty chair and I figured you knew I was going to show
    up".
    Oh yeah, the chair," said the bedridden man, "Would you mind closing the door?" Puzzled, the minister shut the door. "I have never told anyone this, not even my daughter," said the man. "But all of my life I have never known how to pray. At church I used to hear the pastor talk about prayer, but it went right over my head."
    I abandoned any attempt at prayer, "the old man continued, " until one day four years ago, my best friend said to me, "Johnny, prayer is just a simple matter of having a conversation with Jesus."
    Here is what I suggest: "Sit down in a chair; place an empty chair in front of you, and in faith see Jesus on the chair. It's not spooky because he promised, 'I will be with you always'. "Then just speak to him in the same way you're doing with me right now."
    "So, I tried it and I've liked it so much that I do it a couple of hours every day. I'm careful though If my daughter saw me talking to an empty chair, she'd either have a nervous breakdown or send me off to the funny farm."
    The minister was deeply moved by the story and encouraged the old man to continue on the journey. Then he prayed with him, anointed him with oil, and returned to the church.
    Two nights later the daughter called to tell the minister that her daddy had died that afternoon. Did he die in peace?" he asked. Yes, when I left the house about two o'clock, he called me over to his bedside, told me he loved me and kissed me on the cheek.
    When I got back from the store an hour later, I found him But there was something strange about his death. Apparently, just before Daddy died, he leaned over and rested his head on the chair beside the bed. What do you make of that?"
    The minister wiped a tear from his eye and said, "I wish we could all go like that."
    Last edited by jostoy; 11-19-2017, 08:24 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning.

Not 33 here, but 43, which arrived in the afternoon after a morning that hit 76. The good news is that the wind brought the cold and carried all the leaves toward Canada! Yay!

Church this morning. Made a fresh apple cake with Penuche icing. Hope it is all eaten.

Have a super Sunday, Everyone.

(jostoy, I removed your post.)

Comment

• jostoy
        jostoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you.

The sun this morning is a lot different than yesterday! At noon around here it looked like late afternoon...gloomiest day we have had for a while!!. Haven't stuck my nose out but the temps did drop yesterday.

Nothing going on here today. Driving Sierra to the mall and I thought we would shop but evidently she is going to one store and then we are to come home. Today is her birthday and she is spending it with friends. We will celebrate tomorrow when her dad is off and Andrew here. Nothing from mommy dearest which is surprising...today her kid is 21 and she didn't send a card or flowers or anything. Even if they were going to celebrate when she is home wouldn't you think she would send a card or something? Oh well...she will probably call when we are in the car and I will have to listen to her drivel.

Jostoy your story brought a tear. Very moving...guess I'll get moving early and be ready. Hockey game went until after midnight and that is as late night for me. Have a great Sunday wherever you are and whatever you are doing.

Comment

Good morning.
        It’s actually 53° outside now....but will hit 80° this afternoon. The nights have started to drop to the 40’s. Sunny day ahead.
        It’s a little chilly in the house right now. I’m never sure if my toes feel cold, or it’s just the stupid neuropathy. But it’s not furnace-time yet.

Oatmeal cookies sound so good. Maybe I’ll get out the ingredients for a batch.
        The only chore I’ve got for today is to set up my slow cooker (hope it still works) and stick the ham in it.

Whatever you do, I hope your day goes well! ☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning..only left the house long enough yesterday to go to the store for a few groceries and chip and salsa for Bible Study today...only leaving long enough to go to Bible Study today.

Cori didn't like it one bit that I had to get out of bed today..on cold days she like to lay as close to me as she can and complains if I move

Comment

Oh, my gosh! I had a whole post and then it said I wasn't checked in! But I was.
            In a nutshell:
            cold here...37*
            Dinner at the church was great and there was enough food so along with the turkey dinner I have to eat my words.
            I hope you all have a great day!

Comment

Good afternoon everyone...

It is cold here in the 40's..with that wind..It is wicked..It feel colder.Brrr..

Paula A..i wish they did that to mine..To give thanks..

We went to Wal-mart..People were buying up turkery..One lady had cart full of turkey..I never see anything like that..I do not know..How she is going to push that..

And everyone stay warm..and be safe...

Comment

• Paula A
                Paula A commented
                Editing a comment
                I wonder if that lady with all the turkeys was buying them up for a big Salvation Army or somethinglike that to feed a lot of people?
                I would wonder where you put more than one turkey?! I lhad to change things around in my freezer just for my one 16 pounder!

• sassygirl01
                sassygirl01 commented
                Editing a comment
                You know..that could be answer....That was alot of turkey..
                Or how do you cook more than one turkey.???They need "BIG" freezer..I do the same thing..Just for one..That is nice size one..

good evening ... thought I had posted... but guess the day flew by ... I have two library books here and wanted to finished them this weekend ( and did ).

a new-to-me author series. His books were written in the 1950 thru 2000.. and some are out of print... there were some in our local libraries and then the lady at my local Lib. said she could get me any of them that happen to be in any library in the State ,,,, that is affiliated with the Federal lib. system .... she just request the books and the send them to our library.. I have two weeks to read. .. so that was my task the last couple days....

I too am making the pies for Thanksgiving . I have the pie crust dough already ..
              Glad we are going to Karens.. I just don't think my knees would take prepping the house too . and organizing dishes etc ,,, cannot do that kind of work anymore. Once we start on cold weather, the dear arthritis kicks into gear..

see you in the morning .

Comment

Working...
              X