Thursday 11/16

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday 11/16

Good morning I actually got up in time to check in this morning..Its been a busy week....Yesterday at work was scary...we had shop lifters in the store again...and in the men's department again.. We can't do anything but stand there and watch them do it. Really upsets me..

I also had a couple of scary days on the bus...There is this super creepy guy that Has showed up in our area. I talked with him before I knew to stay away from and him how creepy he is...Monday I could have sworn that he was following me..I rode a different bus for a hour until I knew he was no longer on the bus I needed to to be on to get home. Then Tuesday he did end up on my bus route to get home...that day I texted mom the entire time I was on the bus with the guy...I got off at my regular stop and waited for the bus to pull off with the creep on it before I walked home.

I didn't see him yesterday at all but I only took the bus part of the way home.

Today is work and total relaxation and laundry.

Good Morning

I have not been here in a while. It has been a rocky week, and it isn't over yet. Blood test on Monday. Transfusion on Tuesday, Chemo started Tuesday, and John has been sick sick sick, so everything is discombobulated big time.

In the meanwhile, leaves are falling like mad, He's quit picking up pecans, and the boy who's building fences asked if his grandmother could pick them up. Absolutely! But with all the leaves, it's going to be tough finding them.

Don't have any other news or updates. Hope all is well with everyone.

Comment

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry to hear that John is having a rough go of it. As to the leaves, maybe you could tell the young man that his grandmother could find more pecans if HE would rake the leaves.

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, I am so sorry to read tis, Elaine! Prayers for you and John!

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Prayers to you and John...

Morning. It's dreary & wet AGAIN, and I'm feeling a bit under the weather. I don't have time to be sick.

Yesterday was super busy. Sue came and we packed up all the sugar cookies that were iced into orders and the rest into containers. Our financial guy came for our yearly mtg, which was short but sweet. Then back to baking. I had rolled out all the crusts the night before, so we just needed to peal lots of apples and assemble the pies. Made 9 apple, 2 coc crm, and 2 lemon. 10 of the pies were picked up by that florist I told you about a few weeks ago. She said they were giving most of the pies to the local undertakers who use them. That was really nice! She DID bring me a flower arrangement for Thanksgiving, which was really nice. I had made her up a plate of my cookies, so we kind of traded with each other. I know she already sells another bakers cookies, but these were for her personally.

I did get a quick trip into Aldi's while delivering the doctor's office pie. Made a semi-decent dinner, and then sat down for most of the evening. Haven't done that in a while. Did get the dishes washed and floor mopped. We had a little bit of drama around supper time. My youngest niece who is a freshmen in college called her Mom. She was SO UPSET over failing another test in Programming. While talking she said she couldn't breath & passed out. My SIL called Aunt Maye's granddaughter who lives down the hall to go check on her. The RA called someone & they determined she needed to go to the hospital and called an ambulance. She had a sever panic attack. She's back in the dorm and will finish the semester, and then they'll determine from there what to do. It was a long conversation with my SIL

The Kathy called on her way home from work, and talked, and talked, and talked. I see a glimmer of hope with her. She's got a nice guy this time. They are going to come and let me help them set up a budget, and maybe even keep their debit cards & just give them envelopes of cash. We'll see. She actually SAID she had been a horrible child and didn't know how I put up with her. I didn't deny it. She said she doesn't know what she'd do w/o me, which kind of surprised me.

This morning I'm suppose to be going to Bible study. I need to stop and get some wax paper. I've got a couple cookie doughs that need baked off. We'll see how it all goes. No big rush on anything today. Hope my stomach settles down.

Bethina....how's things going with the house next door. Have they been leaving you alone? It sounds like you were doing wise things with Creepy Guy. Good job!

Time to get moving. Have a good one all!

Comment

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Cookie, with all you did yesterday, you used up all your energy for at least a week. If you're not careful, you'll be in the hospital yourself. As you know, diabetis is nothing to ignore. Got to watch your working with that medicine.

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      So happy that Kathy may finally be doing some growing up. It just takes some problem children a bit longer to see the light. Bringing their finances to you is a big step! I thought when she was upset about being late for work the day of the accident on the highway that there may be a glimmer of hope to her maturity. You have done a good job! But do take care of your own health!

Good morning everyone.

​Today is a semi-relaxing day. Need to go to the store, and to take my car in to get fixed what was suppose to be done Tuesday. However, one of the parts didn't come in, so rather than pay twice for labor, I chose to wait until today. It will only take about 30 mins. to fix both parts. So why pay twice just for not waiting.

Yesterday at the Dermotologist, I didn't get good news. The NP did slice the "ugly thing" off my arm, but she told me she could see roots that she couldn't get, and that they would set me up to see a surgeon. I just hope he doesn't have to leave one of those deep ugly scars that I've seen on others arm. Think he could maybe take some of the floppy fat that I have at the back of the arm to fill in the hole?

Anyway, this will stop me from going to Northern Indiana for Thanksgiving. At least the nurse said they would call for me next week.

Enough about me. I will be back to read how everyone else's day is planned.

Reporter interviewing a 104-year-old woman:

'And what do you think is the best thing about being 104?' the reporter asked.
    She simply replied, 'No peer pressure.'

I've sure gotten old! I've had two bypass surgeries, a hip replacement,
    New knees, fought prostate cancer and diabetes.
    I'm half blind,
    Can't hear anything quieter than a jet engine,
    Take 40 different medications that
    Make me dizzy, winded, and subject to blackouts.
    Have bouts with dementia...
    Have poor circulation;
    Hardly feel my hands and feet anymore.
    Can't remember if I'm 89 or 98.
    Have lost all my friends. But, thank God,
    I still have my driver's license.

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      I had a surgeon remove a growth from my arm several years ago. The incision is about 4 inches long and they go as deep as they can then stitch it tight. I have a small indent but it is not anything you notice. The first summer we beach vacationed and my little nephews ask if a shark bit me and that is what we called the scar from then on but it has filled in and I pay no attention to it. I am just so glad you are getting it taken care of....they did leave my stitches in for two weeks so be warned!

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Thankful it will be taken care of, Jostoy!

Very smart of you Beth. Be careful! Evidently the world is full of creepy guys...they are everywhere!

Shopping with my son today and I do not have to cook. Last night when Jon took ANdrew home he told his mother we would no longer be ruining our evenings or health (one of us is going to stroke out!) doing homework. If he refuses then it will not get done...period...the end...no argument...no homework problem. When Jon worked afternoon shift he did not see Drew much and let him get away with crap. His mother does not want to be bothered which is why we were told last year to do homework 'since he was here' which actually means 'it's your problem'. If he is playing some type of a game it is a good one because three people in this house help with homework and all three of us are over it. This is not a new problem but it has been allowed to grow. So Andrew is my bitch for the day. If I were allowed more than one I could go on about the government since I caught up on the news yesterday. I do not need a closet, I need a bomb shelter because we are going to blow up real soon and the fallout will take us years to clean up. Sickening! And we the voters are accepting it...omg!

Sun is shining but feels cool in the house. Today I will buy the last Christmas gifts and be done...good feeling. Guess the tree will go up next weekend after Thanksgiving. Where is the time going? This year has passed so quickly and I am not ready for another year. Hear an alarm going off in the house so better get moving. It only takes me a little bit to get ready...hey look at me! No maintenance!!! Or I just care less and less with each passing year. Have a beautiful day all and hope the sun shines on top of your head. Just wish it were a hot sun!!!!!!

Comment

good Thursday! It will be another rainy day here, but not as windy. I woke up with a song going over and over in my head so I put on music and have a nice background to post with you all.

About listening to the news: I don't listen as much as I used to. I turned on Good Morning America in the living room and could hear it but not the kids...Now I rarely have it on...
      After one of the national tragedies, my son't school brought in counselors to talk to the teacher and staff. Stuart told me something they said that has helped me a lot. Too much tragedy type news that you can not do anything about (like you live too far away) can impact your emotions and we should limit how much tv and media coverage we have...if we can do something like donate, volunteer or some action, then we do it. So, I understand that not everyone dswould have heard about the shooting here. And I don't expect anyone to follow all the details.
      Maxie, I totally get how you feel (as much as I can). One ting I keep telling myself is No matter what the world is coming to, I will not be a part of the problem.
      There were people I know who immediately started trying to make a political issue of this tragedy. The sheriff pointed out it wasn't a gun control issue; it was illegally altered guns. And the school staff kept those children from being gunned down without guns.
      I am in favor of the 2nd Amendment; I don't want anyone to think I am saying otherwise.

I have decluttered another corner! Neither Becky nor I want to put our luggage in the outside shed so I found a space that wasn't being well used in the office and now both of our suitcases (mine has a smaller one inside) are out of the way and still handy. She is very ready for her trip back East.

I need to get moving...love sitting here with you all.
      Beth, you are making the right choices to stay safe and keep it up!

Have a good day, All! Prayers for us all and the ones we love!

Comment

Good Morning ... waiting for the Bun Dough to get raise nice and High!... its time to make rolls,/buns for Thanksgiving.. feel sad tho'. ..the granddaughters no longer here to help... 3 of the 4 girls are now adults. and all of them have no time .. wonder if I will even have a Cookie bake this Christmas?... But we MADE WONDERFUL memories!....

Elaine, Prayers, and many many thoughts of you and John.. have a wonderful memory of our time in Texas with you!!..
        Maxie, love reading your post...you get a closet big enough to share with the RT folks... if we are about to blow ourself to bits , I want to go with Company!!.
        Jostoy... let the Derm, dig and cut all they want.. wants a scar compared to "no Jostoy".. I do a twice yearly Derm. appt.. she is watching the skin on my Nose... gets dry patches ,pre-cancer on skin.. and she freezes it . so I will soon have a permanent red nose.. ...just call me Rudolph..thank heavens for cream and powder..
        BEthina.!!! so smart of you to be aware and take precaution ... keep it up... there are crazys out there these days.!

back to the kitchen ,dough is about ready to be made into little balls of dough.
        see you later.

Comment

• jostoy
          jostoy commented
          Editing a comment
          Maye, I had 7 other areas "froze" as well. 2 on the left hand 3 on the face and 2 do overs on the face from last January. But I refuse to stay out of the sun. Outside is my enjoyment.

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          I also go twice a year and always get the max frozen off. He froze a piece off the top of my nose last visit and I feel something is back. I see him again in February but do want my nose removed so am wondering I should make an earlier appointment. The sins of youth have come back to haunt us. I have always been a sun worshiper and when the boys were little we spent all day every day at the pool with Tinker and her kids. Now I sit in the shade slathered in sun screen and wait for the derm to slice and dice pieces off me. But if it means I keep my nose I will even wear a hat!!!!

Good morning.
        I’m glad to see so many people have posted.

Bethina - you’re sure doing the right things to avoid Creepy Guy.
        Elaine - I’m so sorry to hear that this go’round is so much tougher on John. And, in turn, on you. (((((John & Elaine)))))
        Cookie - you’re working too hard. You need to schedule some break times throughout your day to keep from getting really sick.
        Jostoy, mention possible scarring to the surgeon, and he/she might be extra careful with it. I’m glad it’s taken care of. Maybe pick up a bottle of Vit E oil to put on the area daily after sutures are removed, if you get the surgery. (A lady told me how her child nearly fell out of her car. She had pulled him back in but not before his face had hit concrete and gravel. The docs removed the grit, but his face was a mottled mess. She put the Vitamin E oil on him 2-3 times a day, and his face healed without any scars. It surprised the doctor.)
        Maxie - Andrew is old enough to be responsible for his homework. Laying it on him is a good thing. All kids should understand responsibility for their work, their actions. One teacher said to think of schoolwork as a job. You don’t work, you don’t get paid. (Yeah, one smart-aleck kid asked what we’d get paid for doing our schoolwork. The teacher replied, in this case your pay is your grade. The higher you keep your grade, the higher job in the work force was your job. The lower your grade, the more menial and dirty your job gets. You decide if you end up with the better jobs, or the hard-labor jobs.).

We have no plans, per say, for today. It’s a matter of cleaning up as we go, and decide how much stuff we keep, or don’t.
        We have loads of books, too, to be donated somewhere. I have mine in sets. Few are going to be keepers. Very few. Senior Living is going to mean very sparse living arrangements. I’ve got lots of cooking/baking cake decorating and candy making stuff. That’s going to be hard to ditch. I have 2 shelves of music books, and will have to be extremely selective. Stiff hands or not, I want to keep my piano. Clothes, too......I’ve accumulated so much, but wear mostly select favorites. Then craft stuff, yellow grandkids and great grandkids. Heh heh heh.
        So then, that’s all my dilemma today, getting a start on that.

Hope you all have a great day. Stay warm! ☀️

Maye, we were typing together. Too bad the grands grow up (and too busy) so fast, huh? 🤗
        Last edited by JoGee; 11-16-2017, 10:43 AM.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• jostoy
          jostoy commented
          Editing a comment
          JoGee, I'll look into the vit. E, but right now I'm to keep Vaseline on the frozen spots, and in 3 days I take the bandage off the arm, but am to continue to put neosporine on it, and keep it bandaged.

Jostoy, if you put sunscreen on the exposed skin when you go outdoors, that should help you diminish the skin problems quite a bit.
        I enjoy the outdoors as well, but here we really (!) need to protect our skin. I guess it works, because I don't get sun-related skin problems. Also, my DD who is outdoors more often, she has gotten skin cancer things removed several times, has not had the problem since "remembering" to use the sunscreen.

I'm using tea tree oil on my nails. Last time I was hospitalized one of the things I picked up there was nail fungus, feet & hands. I've used the fungus solutions on my nails, to little or no avail, but finally my oldest DD DD got me a bottle of the tea tree stuff (for nails and skin). It's taken all this time, and my nails almost look normal again. Only my thumbnails are still in questionable condition, but I've cut them way back and continue applications, and I can see that they are starting to grow out again, and show signs of normalcy coming up. (I've been to the dermatologist.....two of them....and they're totally useless on nails!). When I go out, I use a "natural" semi-opaque color to disguise them. Except one of the cancer doctor, who was surprised i was successfully, if slowly, treating the problem by myself.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
        X