X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jostoy
    replied
    Good morning everyone.

​Today is a semi-relaxing day. Need to go to the store, and to take my car in to get fixed what was suppose to be done Tuesday. However, one of the parts didn't come in, so rather than pay twice for labor, I chose to wait until today. It will only take about 30 mins. to fix both parts. So why pay twice just for not waiting.

Yesterday at the Dermotologist, I didn't get good news. The NP did slice the "ugly thing" off my arm, but she told me she could see roots that she couldn't get, and that they would set me up to see a surgeon. I just hope he doesn't have to leave one of those deep ugly scars that I've seen on others arm. Think he could maybe take some of the floppy fat that I have at the back of the arm to fill in the hole?

Anyway, this will stop me from going to Northern Indiana for Thanksgiving. At least the nurse said they would call for me next week.

Enough about me. I will be back to read how everyone else's day is planned.

Reporter interviewing a 104-year-old woman:

'And what do you think is the best thing about being 104?' the reporter asked.
    She simply replied, 'No peer pressure.'

I've sure gotten old! I've had two bypass surgeries, a hip replacement,
    New knees, fought prostate cancer and diabetes.
    I'm half blind,
    Can't hear anything quieter than a jet engine,
    Take 40 different medications that
    Make me dizzy, winded, and subject to blackouts.
    Have bouts with dementia...
    Have poor circulation;
    Hardly feel my hands and feet anymore.
    Can't remember if I'm 89 or 98.
    Have lost all my friends. But, thank God,
    I still have my driver's license.

Leave a comment:

• cookielady
    commented on 's reply
    Oh I'm sorry to hear about John. ((((John & Elaine)))) Keep us updated.

• cookielady
    replied
    Morning. It's dreary & wet AGAIN, and I'm feeling a bit under the weather. I don't have time to be sick.

Yesterday was super busy. Sue came and we packed up all the sugar cookies that were iced into orders and the rest into containers. Our financial guy came for our yearly mtg, which was short but sweet. Then back to baking. I had rolled out all the crusts the night before, so we just needed to peal lots of apples and assemble the pies. Made 9 apple, 2 coc crm, and 2 lemon. 10 of the pies were picked up by that florist I told you about a few weeks ago. She said they were giving most of the pies to the local undertakers who use them. That was really nice! She DID bring me a flower arrangement for Thanksgiving, which was really nice. I had made her up a plate of my cookies, so we kind of traded with each other. I know she already sells another bakers cookies, but these were for her personally.

I did get a quick trip into Aldi's while delivering the doctor's office pie. Made a semi-decent dinner, and then sat down for most of the evening. Haven't done that in a while. Did get the dishes washed and floor mopped. We had a little bit of drama around supper time. My youngest niece who is a freshmen in college called her Mom. She was SO UPSET over failing another test in Programming. While talking she said she couldn't breath & passed out. My SIL called Aunt Maye's granddaughter who lives down the hall to go check on her. The RA called someone & they determined she needed to go to the hospital and called an ambulance. She had a sever panic attack. She's back in the dorm and will finish the semester, and then they'll determine from there what to do. It was a long conversation with my SIL

The Kathy called on her way home from work, and talked, and talked, and talked. I see a glimmer of hope with her. She's got a nice guy this time. They are going to come and let me help them set up a budget, and maybe even keep their debit cards & just give them envelopes of cash. We'll see. She actually SAID she had been a horrible child and didn't know how I put up with her. I didn't deny it. She said she doesn't know what she'd do w/o me, which kind of surprised me.

This morning I'm suppose to be going to Bible study. I need to stop and get some wax paper. I've got a couple cookie doughs that need baked off. We'll see how it all goes. No big rush on anything today. Hope my stomach settles down.

Bethina....how's things going with the house next door. Have they been leaving you alone? It sounds like you were doing wise things with Creepy Guy. Good job!

Time to get moving. Have a good one all!

Leave a comment:

• ladyebug
    replied
    Good Morning

I have not been here in a while. It has been a rocky week, and it isn't over yet. Blood test on Monday. Transfusion on Tuesday, Chemo started Tuesday, and John has been sick sick sick, so everything is discombobulated big time.

In the meanwhile, leaves are falling like mad, He's quit picking up pecans, and the boy who's building fences asked if his grandmother could pick them up. Absolutely! But with all the leaves, it's going to be tough finding them.

Don't have any other news or updates. Hope all is well with everyone.

Leave a comment:

• bethina
    started a topic Thursday 11/16

Thursday 11/16

Good morning I actually got up in time to check in this morning..Its been a busy week....Yesterday at work was scary...we had shop lifters in the store again...and in the men's department again.. We can't do anything but stand there and watch them do it. Really upsets me..

I also had a couple of scary days on the bus...There is this super creepy guy that Has showed up in our area. I talked with him before I knew to stay away from and him how creepy he is...Monday I could have sworn that he was following me..I rode a different bus for a hour until I knew he was no longer on the bus I needed to to be on to get home. Then Tuesday he did end up on my bus route to get home...that day I texted mom the entire time I was on the bus with the guy...I got off at my regular stop and waited for the bus to pull off with the creep on it before I walked home.

I didn't see him yesterday at all but I only took the bus part of the way home.

Today is work and total relaxation and laundry.
Working...
X