Wednesday...Nov. 15

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday...Nov. 15

Good rainy Wed. Probably cold out there also.

Got my shower and hair washed. Still have to get a bite to eat before leaving for Effingham.

Think there is going to be trouble in the family room to post. When I hit "post" it took a while, for me at least.

Hope all have a good day.

​Just for Maxie. Maybe now you understand the political way of "thinking".

Cowboy vs Congressman

A cowboy named Bud was overseeing his herd in a remote mountainous pasture in Montana when suddenly a brand-new 2015 BMW advanced toward him out of a cloud of dust. The driver, a young man in a Brioni® suit, Gucci® shoes, RayBan® sunglasses and YSL® tie, leaned out the window and asked the cowboy, "If I tell you exactly how many cows and calves you have in your herd, will you give me a calf?"
    Bud looks at the man, who obviously is a yuppie, then looks at his peacefully grazing herd and calmly answers, "Sure, why not?"
    The yuppie parks his car, whips out his Dell® notebook computer, connects it to his Apple i phone, and surfs to a NASA page on the Internet, where he calls up a GPS satellite to get an exact fix on his location which he then feeds to another NASA satellite that scans the area in an ultra-high-resolution photo.
    The young man then opens the digital photo in Adobe Photoshop® and exports it to an image processing facility in Hamburg, Germany.
    Within seconds, he receives an email on his Apple ipad® that the image has been processed and the data stored. He then accesses an MS-SQL® database through an ODBC connected Excel® spreadsheet with email on his Galaxy S5® and, after a few minutes, receives a response.
    Finally, he prints out a full-color, 150-page report on his hi-tech, miniaturized HP LaserJet® printer, turns to the cowboy and says, "You have exactly 1,586 cows and calves."
    "That's right. Well, I guess you can take one of my calves," says Bud (with a smile).
    He watches the young man select one of the animals and looks on with amusement as the young man stuffs it into the backseat of his car.
    Then Bud says to the young man, "Hey, if I can tell you exactly what your business is, will you give me back my animal?"
    The young man thinks about it for a second and then says, "Okay, why not?"
    "You're a Congressman for the U.S.Government", says Bud.
    "Wow! That's correct," says the yuppie, "but how did you guess that?"
    "No guessing required." answered the cowboy. "You showed up here even though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer I already knew, to a question I never asked. You used millions of dollars worth of equipment trying to show me how much smarter than me you are; and you still don't know diddle squat about how working people make a living-or about cows, for that matter. This is a herd of sheep."
    "Now give me back my dog."

Last edited by jostoy; 11-15-2017, 07:37 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Good morning.

Have a safe and fun trip, Jostoy!
    Love that story! Thanks.

Paula, how is everything in Red Bluff? I heard about the shootings there and hope you and yours are okay.
    What’s this world coming to? 😢
    And our “illustrious leader” tweets his condolences to the Texas shootings? What’s wrong with that man!!!

We’ are due for a couple more days in the high 80’s, but should drop to the high 70’s by this weekend.
    I’m ordering a few sweaters. I tend to chill easily, and want to be ready for the changing season. One of the new catalogs has them listed at a decent price, about half of what many stores charge for them. Lately I have seen far too many tops, blouses and sweaters, full of odd designs and bling. I want the simple tops, no designs or bling on them. Just nice single-color ones.

Well, when there’s some morning light, I’ll go outside and get the newspaper, and scan it for news updates.

Guess I’ll make my mocha and an English muffin for breakfast.

Hope you all have a good day. ☀️
    Last edited by JoGee; 11-15-2017, 08:43 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

good morning ,,, howling with laughter at the Story Jostoy!... copied off and will print off to show hubby and friends.. good good one!

sun is out.. was supposed to rain today but that bumped ahead till Thur.... so think I will get moving here.. and head for town ...I do not like shopping anymore... BUT... Boscov sent out a coupon . for this week ,pick a day. and shop in the store using the coupon ,get 15% off of most of things in store.. I need a winter short-length coat. to wear as "dressy" for church etc.. and I also need both everyday and dress black shoes.. and as I walk past "stuff", I hope to get some C. ideas .. for my adult children .. unless an idea falls into my lap , they Grands will all receive an envelope with their favorite gift in .

Hope you are all well.. and behaving.. will be back later to read how your life is .. hugs to all

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        I know! My county will appreciate that story!

I hit something and lost the beginning of my post.
      The shooting was in a small community just south of me, in our county. That is why REd Bluff was where most of the news and media used as a point of reference. One of my good friends lost a friend. I have daycare parents that were involved because of their jobs. One is a mom who works at Social Services and she said they were getting texts from their departments to Not go to Rancho Tehama for any visits, another is a nurse at the local hospital that received patients and another is a deputy who was called out to the shooting.
      Pretty sure all the news is reporting that the school staffr, immediately upon hearing shots about 1/4 mile away, went into lockdown even before getting any police instruction to do it. The shooter was heavily armed and ran to all doors trying to get in and then shot into a few classrooms which is when the 6 year old was hit. He was taken to UC Davis and is in critical condition. There is a gofundme page that I think I shared on Facebook and will share again. This is a poor little community.

Today I just want to be part of the Solution, and it will take some thought and introspection to figure out my part in it.
      any ideas are totally welcome!
      There is so much strength in all of you! Thanks for all you share with me!

Comment

Oh my...first thing I will do after leaving here is look up the news of yet another shooting. Not watching the news has been peaceful but guess I need to rejoin the human race and stay in touch. Very sad and disturbing especially when it affects those you know and love. I just do not understand how so many bad things can be happening to all around us. I will reconnect and stay in touch with the world. Now I can watch the weather and it looks like rain out there if it hasn't a;ready rained...pretty darn dark out there.

Need to find something for a meal tonight. Last night Jon made chili and homework went off like a charm. Once Andrew's homework was done his dad was to take him to the farm for the evening so he could not wait to get out of here. Last night was mom's bunko night. I have no idea what bunko is but do know the night runs a little late sometimes so it saves her a trip here when we can drop him with his uncle....but he must be fed and homework completed first. No biggie when he cooperates!

Tomorrow Jon wants me to ride along while he shops so I will have my shopping for the season completely done! He also needs a coat and shoes so for lunch out I will sit and watch him shop for himself. Need to pick up my sister's birthday gift also. Her surprise new pair of jammies. I am looking forward to mine this year!! These November/December birthdays are killers!!

Jostoy loved your story! So true...Seems my computer is having a mind of its own this morning. Need to go watch the news...so sorry this happened so close to you Paula. We are socked in heavy with clouds and rain so hoping some of you get sun and warm. Not even winter yet and I hate it.

Comment

Oh my! That is super funny, jostoy! :

Comment

Working...
          X