Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tuesday --- Come out, come out, wherever you are!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday --- Come out, come out, wherever you are!

Good Morning! It's another dreary one here. They are saying we will have some sun sometime this week. Yesterday you felt like you should be going to bed all day, it was that dark & dreary.

Didn't have time for bed though, because we iced close to 28 doz sugar cookies. Got those done just in time to start dinner. While cleaning up I got 2 phn calls with big orders. Both wanting them this week. OK. I promised to sit down and watch a movie with Blaise, so we started Charlie & the Choc Factory and will finish it tonight.

Got Blaise to bed and started working again. Got 3 kinds of cookie dough mixed up & chilling. Mixed up several batches of pie dough, and got things prepped for the carrot cakes I have to bake this morning. I WILL get this all done without losing my mind. Slow but sure. The one lady wants 10 pies for tomorrow evening. She's the lady from the florist shop.

So you know where I'll be all day. I do have to take a break and deliver an order of cookies to the nail shop. This time the lady is getting charged a delivery fee. Last Valentine's Day I delivered a pie to the nail shop before her appt, and never heard a word from her or a tip for doing it, so this time I'll make sure I get gas money. I don't mind if I'm going to be in town, but I had no plans to be there today.

Will have to think what to make for supper. I don't enjoy it when Corky is so picky and Blaise isn't far behind him with his "nothing on it" thing.

Have a good one. BTW Jostoy....I love reading your little msg at the end.
    Last edited by cookielady; 11-14-2017, 08:39 AM.

Good morning.
    I was up at 5 this morning, but awake before that. But I don’t feel rested at all.
    Still have warm weather here, 3 days in the high 80’s before it drops to the low 80’s again, according to the weather app.
    Today is the last day of Frys/Kroger’s sale. Buy their spiral-cut ham and get a free turkey. E likes ham, I like turkey. Win-win.

Glad to say E’s checkup went well. His arm is pretty sore from lack of use. But he isn’t pampering himself. He does all he can. Like he took the trash out last evening. (For me, it’s heavy.) He’s anxious to drive...we will see when the soreness subsides. When he starts PT, I want to go with him to be sure his arm is okay enough to use it.

Not much else new here.
    Have a great day! ☀️

Cookie, you sure have a lot of big orders. Is this standard for you, or is business really booming?
    That’s a lot of work, but your goodies are really great!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Cookielady, I hope that some can either get a chuckle or a little bit of stress relief from those "messages" that I put at the end.

​Well the Dr. appt. yesterday again didn't get me a surgical date. After 5 years, those injections are getting so tiring to have done. But at least they do give me relief.

​Tomorrow is a Derm Doc. appt. I have this "ugly thing" growing on my right upper arm. It has been there about 2 weeks now, and in my opinion, is growing too fast. That Doc. is in Effingham, so will be leaving early again tomorrow.

Today is laundry day, and taking the car in to get new windshield sprayer thingies on the car as well as a new ambiene temp sensor.

​Hopefully will be going to my family in northern Ind. for Thanksgiving. At least the weather so far looks to be ok for me to travel.

Hope all have a good day.

Four Worms and a Lesson

A minister decided that a visual demonstration would add emphasis to his Sunday sermon.
      Four worms were placed into four separate jars.
      1. The first worm was put into a container of alcohol.
      2. The second worm was put into a container of cigarette smoke.
      3. The third worm was put into a container of chocolate syrup.
      4. The fourth worm was put into a container of good clean soil.
      At the conclusion of the sermon, the Minister reported the following results:
      1. The first worm in alcohol - Dead
      2. The second worm in cigarette smoke - Dead
      3. Third worm in chocolate syrup - Dead
      4. Fourth worm in good clean soil - Alive!
      So the Minister asked the congregation -
      What can you learn from this demonstration?
      Little Nancy, sitting in the back, quickly raised her hand and said,
      'As long as you drink, smoke and eat chocolate, you won't have worms!'
      That pretty much ended the service ...
      Last edited by jostoy; 11-14-2017, 09:07 AM.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Checking in from work...my day is ok..
        Mom is improving daily..

Comment

That was so funny jostoy! I also love the little messages at the end of your posts. Yesterday was sunny and warmed into the 50s but this morning it isn't looking like a warm up day. I am still not listening to the news or weather but news keeps seeping in and it is so depressing. I just do not know how much further this country can sink. Are all men in power scummy? I think a good way to get this country back into being a world leader is to put a whole bunch of women into congress and let us clean it up. We sure do need to bring back decency and respect. Evidently some parents failed teaching those lessons big time...no matter what decade these men were born in!

No plans for the day so I can whatever whenever and I leaning toward whenever. Could iron or could run out to buy a last gift card...Jon took today off so meals are on him...homework too. Last night was not a pretty scene for homework then the Blues turned around and lost again. Good you are getting the ugly thing checked out Jostoy and glad your E is on the mend Jo. He will heal quickly because he won;t like being down. Donna, I just don;t know how you do what you do and still have time to watch movies and feed picky husbands. Just take care of yourself. Everyone to follow have a wonderful day. Wish we had some of that Arizona heat around here.....

Comment

Good morning from chilly northern CA. 45* and my heat is on. Having the new vent in the daycare and my bathroom is wonderful.

House smells good this morning, too. I cooked bacon to chop up for the kids’ scrambled eggs.

The sun is coming out and no wind, so it will be a nicer day for the kids.

No, E sounds like a good patient who will follow his PT to the letter. Tell him I am wishing him well!

Not much going on that is out of my routine.
            Take care of yourselves and celebrate the day!

Comment

Good Morning, my weekend with Ellen was good . We binge watched The Walking Dead. The Ebil one was glad to see me. Got up on my lap and flipped herself into "baby cat" position. Then slept on my hip at night.

No plans for today. It is chilly outside but I'm sweating here.

Ellen got called to work on Sat. First one of the hoses sprung a leak, then on another pump the handle came completely off, thankfully it was when the person took it off the pump so no gas was dumped.

Comment

Maxie, E has always told our girls as they started reaching dating age (kids, their friends, grands, any relatives) to never forget....all men are scum! We’ve got some strong gals here that don’t let guys get away with crappy stuff.
                [One GD had a good friend (a guy), til one day he told her to carry his backpack. She asked why. He said because she’s his girlfriend. She dropped his backpack on the sidewalk and said “not any more!”, and walked away.]. She’s quite a successful accountant today.
                I’m sure the attitude spills into their voting as well.

I’m thinking our esteemed leader is right about vote tampering....but it was into his favor, not his opponent’s. She got so darn many more votes, it blows my mind that he won. I take days off from reading/hearing news, too. I was surprised to see a news clip of our military show of force in the Asian waters where NK could see them. Air and sea. Crap! All we need is WW3 to start.

Paula, thanks, I’ll pass the message on.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                X