Monday, where is everybody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, where is everybody

If your weather is like ours snuggled under the blankets. Still at Ellen's, told Miki last night that one weekend after Thanksgiving we will have to pick a weekend for me to come out so we can bake cookies. I bought her a cookie cookbook.

Hi. And good mid-morning.
    We are getting ready to leave for E’s surgical follow-up appointment.
    Nothing much going on here other than that.

Hope your day is going well. ☀️

Later:
    E got a good checkup, and a clearer explanation of why they couldn’t do the rotor cuff. But they did the 2nd best thing of cleaning up the bone area. The last option is too critical, most often death to someone 80+.
    He can go without the sling now, and his arm is pretty sore probably due to lack of exercise. He will be going for PT soon...they’ll mail him the authorization.

It’s already pretty warm outside. Gonna be 90°. But dropping back to the 80’s again tomorrow.
    Last edited by JoGee; 11-13-2017, 02:49 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good afternoon..

what a weird night of sleep I had.. took book to bed at 9.30 .. was reading away... woke up at 12:30. book in hand, light on..?? went to bathroom. turn off light and lay there wide away for half hour or so.. turn light on. finally got sleepy ,turn out light at 3:30. sleep until David called me at 6:45. not a restful kind of night!... He had Dr. monthly trip with 8:30 appt.. from Dr. Office to Pharmacy, leave script. get a few groc. eat Breakfast ,,Kings Rest. has his favorite breakfast . I had soup.. finally back home... sort through the colors of yarn and decided on the last ones I want to use for the last 5-6 rows I need to do yet... .. when I get the finishing edges on this one... One pick out the darker colors to make Boy Great Grandson an afghan.. same size. maybe different style of stitch.??.. ........ sure eats up my reading time.

JoG.. sure hope E. get good report on his healing process.

Determ.you just reminded me........ I must contact the grandgirls and see if they still want a baking cookie Friday evening or Sat...it's traditional.. but they are getting "Older" now.. ( and so am I : ) ... may have out grown it... will ask the youngest ,l7, if she still wants to ..

boy, Monday is slow day at the RT..
      be back later to see if all is well.

Comment

I'm here! Hey!!!!!

My feet hit the floor shuffling, but I had to get ready for Sue coming & to get Blaise out the door for school. Sue & I eventually got 18 doz sugar cookies iced. It took time to get everything prepared to do them, but once we got started, we were plugging right along. I still have 6 doz to do myself this afternoon. I had a lady call this morning with a 30 doz order of a variety of cookies, and wanted them for Thanksgiving if I could do it. NOPE! I could, but I don't think so...who knows. I may talk myself into doing them. I just know that we have to make pumpkin rolls, pie dough, carrot cakes, and a couple PB pies by Friday.

Yesterday after church & SS, I had to go to Giant Eagle and pick up the ordered fried chicken & rolls for the potluck lunch after late service. I talked to the manager, and got 6 turkeys at the reduced rate. You had to spend $25 to get ONE at $.88/lb. Well we were spending over $150 for the chicken & rolls, so I ask if I could get 6 at the reduced rate for our community Thanksgiving dinner next week. He was so nice & we eventually got it all worked out.

Waiting to hear from Becca to see if her offer on the house was accepted. Kathy just called bawling. I thought SHE was in an accident, but here right ahead of her on the hwy was an accident & they closed the road. Fine. She called work. She will no longer qualify for they $500 bonus because she'll be late. I told her to calm down. She had taken pics of the accident, and she just needs to show them. I'm sure she's not the only employee this accident will affect.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Well, here I am. I logged on first thing, like I was first, but the phone rang and I got distract d...

Darla, what cookie book did you get?
          I sure don't need any, but I bought the Taste of Home cookie book at the cheskstand. ( they totally know how to get my attention!)

Wind is Howling and we have had some rain. Four little guys are snuggled in I am sitting with you guys!

I made a pumpkin bar from a mix yesterday with a homemade brown sugar buttercream. Frosting was good. Not the mix. If I buy a mix again I will stick with Krusteaz, like JoG. But I think pumpkin needs to be from scratch.

30'Dozen cookies!!! Did she say she is feeding the community? The Infantry??? Wonderful she wants Quality for her order!

Well, your day is getting on and mine is getting there. I sure hope Kathi gets her bonus, but I can almost hear an employer coming back with some form of Not going to happen.. praying it works out!

Enjoy your day and stay cozy!

Comment

Yes, Paula, pumpkin seeds should be from scratch!
            I can’t eat seeds, but after carving a pumpkin one year, I kept the seeds. Washed them real good. Sprayed a jelly roll pan with Pam, then spread the seeds out in it. Sprayed the seeds. Sprinkled kosher salt over them. Baked, probably at 350°, til they smelled good. My nose is very much in use for baking or cooking. Anyway, my mom surprised me with a visit, saw the jar of seeds, and ended up eating the whole batch. Said they were the best she’d ever eaten, she never thought of making her own before that, but asked me how. (There’s a switch!) 😉 She really was one for seeds and nuts, neither of which I can have due to IBS.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good afternoon. Left this morning for a haircut and the other chores I usually save for wehn I am home My haircut took forever since I was the only one in there and we talked and talked. She has cut my hair for years and years and her girls are my Sierra's age and her youngest is Andrew's age. Nice to be alone and not have to watch what you say for fear someone will know that person.

Have had the pork in the crock pot since early which is when I started laundry but did not get very far. Had a nice conversation with my sister then Scott called and kept me company on the trip home. He always knows more about home than I do and we subscribe to the same hometown face book page!

So all in all my day will be winding down soon. Sierra is here to handle homework and eat before her evening class. Wish I could sneak out and grab a big fat hot fudge sundae...I mean a big one!! Then I could crawl into my jammies and call it a day. But i have things left to do yet today and then it will be dark. Not big on driving after dark even if it is for ice cream.

Comment

Working...
              X