Monday 16th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday 16th

Finally got my link to work again. Something on my work computer keeps losing it.
    Our neighbourhood was full of fireworks last night, as it was Diwali, so lots of families has bonfires and firework parties - the whole place smells of smoke right into the early hours.
    I was going through some old files, and found lots of recipes from Erin, and 2 photos. I think I'll make some of her cookies for Hallowe'en, just because I can.
    It's WARM here today. 22C/71F! October 16 and I'm wearing a vest top.

Hope all is well for everyone.

Nalani - just saw some posts from you! I hope all is getting better for you.

Better go do some work....

Have a photo. This is a hotel near where I work, when they were celebrating the Chelsea Flower Show.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

good morning

and HI Lisa.. what a great picture!.. was also thinking about Erin.. Actually got to meet her.. she came to Pa , stayed with Jackie and Donna and I got to meet and chat with them.... my David will never forget you and Tex visit with us.. and the guys shooting the guns in the back yard......what wonderful memories!..

D. has pcp Dr.visit. back to routine I HOPE... his blood pressure has settle down to a lower set of numbers.. new pill is working..

better make the house presentable and myself,, appt for D is at 8:30.. see you all later.

Comment

Good morning...I am having a rough start to my week...fought a horrible head ache off and on all weekend..

My day with my day with my sister and cousin didn't happen yesterday. My sister forgot to get me. I am trying hard to forgive and not hold it against her...but it seems like she forgets a lot and the only time I see my nieces is when my parents are in town. oh well maybe I will see them more now that she knows how much it bothers me.

Off to work then the Chiropractor hopefully.

Comment

Good morning everyone...

Rise and shine...What a strom we have last night..and that wind....

I just finish up withe my morning chores..I did the morning washing...Had alot of towels to wash...

Then mop the hallway...Did the dishes...And have supper in the crokpot...

Now to start on the sewing...
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good Monday morning to you!

Lisa! How good to see you posting! Diwali sounds like an interesting festival. How did a holiday of India get to England, though? A vague answer entered my mind....was India a province of England at one time?
          You take wonderful photographs! That floral display is beautiful!

Maye, I hope the new medication proves exactly what D needs.

Beth, hope your headache gets gone. Sounds like a stress headache. Try to relax and think only good thoughts today.

Hi Sassy. You sure got a good start on your day. Wish I were still that energetic when I crawl out of bed.

Nalani, I hope you’re feeling better. Is there no relief for your bad hip?

Will be back later to read posts.
          Today we’re supposed to pick up my old desktop computer and pick up my new laptop computer. It’s a smaller size so I can handle it more easily. My hands have been hurting for a week, and I can only hope this week won’t be more of the same.

Though the temps still are in the mid/low 90’s, it isn’t the whole day. Nights are in the 60’s, and next weekend I see the 80’s forecasted. Fall is on its way. I wonder if the kids will be wearing coats with their costumes this year. I’ve only seen that happen a couple of times in the past, here.

Have a good day, everyone. ☕️ 🍩
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• LisaUK
            LisaUK commented
            Editing a comment
            Diwali is the Hindu Festival of Lights.
            Yes, India was part of the huge swathe of countries that Great Britain colonised. During Queen Victoria's time we had thousands of people stationed out there, and lots came back with us when we withdrew. Then again, when Idi Amin exiled thousands of Indians from Uganda, they also all came here to us.

• jostoy
            jostoy commented
            Editing a comment
            Lisa, those flowers are not only pretty but so unique.

• sassygirl01
            sassygirl01 commented
            Editing a comment
            I sure did..I had wake-up call ( meow)....It was early..I had one cup of coffee..

Good Morning, no plans for today except to go when DJ picks up Krystal from school and pick up my meds.

Comment

• jostoy
            jostoy commented
            Editing a comment
            Determine, does that sinker and line work after you have poison ivy? I'll try anything at this point. Will say I got to sleep from 10:30 last night until 5:30 this morning. So it must be improving.

I am back and sorry I couldn't check in and post ove rthe weekend.
          IU also am running late so I haven't read the morning posts. I will as soon as I am down in the daycare.

I had a wonderful weekend conference in Sacramento and drove into the city with only a few minor wrong turns but all turned out well. By the time I got to the hotel I was so happy to see the valet, I gladly turned the car over to him. I had accidently locked the windows and didn't know how to unlock so he came around to my door. he could tell I was a bit frazzled and was just wonderful...didn't make me feel like a country mouse at all!
          My two college friends and I had the Best visit and this coming weekend it will be in Salt Lake with the rest of the roommates.

I hope all are well. I will be reading on my ipad as soon as I can.

Comment

Good Morning, back from KY and the family reunion, have to say my Dad's side of the family is much more fun, the one I went to this weekend was on my Mom's side, they are just a little to uptight for me, LOL...But I did have fun, saw some that I had not seen in over 50 yrs. once I left home at 17 never really saw others much...I did have to laugh apparently I was a 'character' even when I was younger, I got to hear some stories about me that I just don't remember, but the one thing I heard the most was they loved my outgoing personality and that I was always usually smiling or laughing...and said that had not changed...got lots of hugs, memories and compliments, so all in all a good reunion...

Now today back to reality, trying to get the Drs. to agree I can have my Remicade infusion, think my Dr. here feel threatened by the Dr. in MI, which I feel she knows best...we shall see...today is the appt. with my pulmonary Dr. still do not want antibiotics, my body, my choice... Need to decide on something to fix for supper...other than that, not much shaking going on here...at least the sun is out and that is enough to make anyone smile, soon I hope I can walk outside and hear the crunch of leaves under my feet...

Have a great day one and all...the older I get the slower I go, not like the others here older than me and can run circles around me, LOL (jostoy)

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• jostoy
              jostoy commented
              Editing a comment
              Well my circles aren't as fast as they use to be. But then again, I have to do EVERYTHING for myself...inside and out.

(Sorry, but my iPad won’t do comments, Lisa.)
            But if I recall correctly, Great Britain had reign over a great many countries, and there was a saying that “The sun never sets in Britain”. The sun continually was rising in one of their territories. I think it’s amazing that what looks like such a small island on the globe had conquered so much territory in its history.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Morning! Very late this morning but guess I like sleeping in the cool! House is actually bordering on cold this morning! We had a good day yesterday. Sierra joined us (actually the girl is a lot like me and will go most anywhere for a good lunch out!) and we had some good laughs. Jon ordered salmon and we laughed about his $20.00 bite of fish and then when the waitress came back for a dessert order those two made such a big show of turning their heads and looking at me that the waitress even laughed. Did the thing at BB&B where no one bought anything and then home to grocery shop. We filled the car with groceries and it took forever to haul them in and put them away. Jon looked around and said that should hold us for a while and I just looked at him and said until Wednesday if we are lucky! Andrew is a growing boy and Sierra may be little but the girl can eat!!

No hockey until Wednesday but they obviously need the rest. Sierra's bf does not care for hockey which is grounds to dump him in my book but she does and she wants to waste a ticket on him later on. The only thing not to like about hockey is waiting for the metro link to bring us back into Illinois and our car. Gets plenty cold waiting for those trains!! Hey Beth, the Cubbies are taking a beating in the playoffs and the Blues get to take a whack at the Hawks on Wednesday....just sayin'!...lol

Jon put a huge pork roast in the crock this morning before he left so need to come up with the rest of the meal. Andrew was sick all weekend but no one heard any thing from his mother so guessing he went on to school today. That means all four of us home for a meal and Sierra home for homework!! Nice start to the week!

When we got home yesterday Jon went out and painted the porch apron and support beams and is ready for more lattice. So far his word of working after work is golden....for one day. He is off Thursday but has a dr appointment so I have no idea how long that will take. I have one early tomorrow and get a check on my para thyroids. Will get the results of the blood work I had done. Doctors are so time consuming!

Since it is so very late this morning and close to noon, I had better get showered and moving. Laundry was started yesterday so need to finish, have ironing and sides for a meal to plan. Not very mental work but something else I have to do.... Have a sunny warm day everyone..it is sunny here but not to warm!!

Comment

Good morning everyone.

​Thanks for sticking your heard in yesterday, Nalani. I watched a program on National Geographic about Maui. Enjoyed it very much.

This morning I had to check the Internet and make phone calls to John Deere places looking for a mulching kit for E's lawn mower. Found one so went out to her house so she could talk to the guy herself. It will be coming from Michigan. No sales tax and no shipping charges.

Tomorrow I have to be in Vincennes by 9:30 our time for a Dr. appt. Figure when heart palpations have been hard for 2 times, it's time to get it checked out. Especially since heart problems run in my maternal family.

​Wed. E and I go to the Covered Bridge Festival. We enjoy going each year, and we probably won't get back in time for Church.

​THAT'S ALL FOLKS.

I believe . . .
                that no matter how bad your
                heart is broken the world doesn't stop for
                your grief.

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• boffler
                  boffler commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes those heart palpations are not a good thing, and that is how my AFib started...glad you are getting it checked out....damn it isn't any fun getting old for sure...

Aloha all!

Hi, Lisa, haven't seen you here for a loooooong time. Sounds like all is going well with you!

It is hot here and wish we'd get some rain. Just get enough to dirty up the cars. Turned over my car to my daughter yesterday. Sure going to miss the independence but I don't want to risk the chance of hurting or worse to anyone

Comment

• boffler
                  boffler commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nalani it is so good to see you here...in April I tried getting in touch with you, I was coming to Hawaii and was wondering where you lived...got to go to 4 different islands, really loved it there...just had a friend that moved there this year...hope you are on the mend now...don't be a stranger..
              Working...
              X