Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday ~ Octoer 15

Good Morning

Wow! Not many here yesterday. I had major computer problems yesterday so did not make it. This darn thing is brand new, and yet it does the craziest things.

Make a cake and broccoli and rice casserole for church. Expecting guests, and we don't want to be short on food. Ha Ha!

No news to share.

Hugs to All ~ ~ ~

Good morning...I have Apple dump cake in the oven for Bible Study...after I get home my sis is picking me up. We are going to meet a cousin and play with the goats and all the other animals. Should be a great day

Comment

I love broccoli and rice casserole! Sounds delish! Today we are going to the Olive Garden after a trip to the mall and Bed Bath Beyond. Believe it or not it is my son who wants to shop and I have the coupon for BB&B so get to ride along for lunch!! I like to look but seldom buy anything there...to domestic for me. Why go through cooking stuff when you don't want to cook? But I do enjoy the small international market place they have and has anyone ever seen me turn down lunch? Yesterday we got half the porch latticed. Since Jon only has every other weekend off he had morning errands so we got a late start and then it was hot and then we have to discuss the plan (that is just another way of saying procrastination!)...boy can we flit time away around here. Now it is raining and windy and getting cold BUT he has said he 'thought' he might work a bit after work evenings. Well, there you go...............................................!

Should have grocery shopped last night but was just to tired plus had to watch the Blues lose 2 in a row. I am not complaining, love the game and love watching it and will not turn into a sour fan until they lost 3 in a row. I did manage to stay up for the game finish but barely remember Sierra coming in. In fact I looked out when i got up this morning to see if her car was home that is how sound I slept. The old bones are getting to old for this outside stuff! My mind says you can do this, you have the stamina of a 50 year old so just keep going but my body says, whoa there..you will have 70 candles on that next cake. Your back is hot and your knees hurt from hauling the rest of your body around. Good thing I have no such conflict with my mouth. It just keeps on going and pushing this gang into shape!!

Comment

Good Morning, no big plans for today.

JoGee Every time I pass a house all decorated for Halloween I think how many around you are going to be let down. I know you and Ellis aren't able but know what all you have done in the past is memories in people's minds. There were houses that my kids still remember after all these years, never knew the people's names but they had their own for them, "dollar man" " the scsrecrow" I know the kids around my Grandpa remember him for being the picture guy, he took pictures of all trick or treaters.

Everyone have a super duper day

Comment

Good morning, friends.
          A sunny Sunday here. Temps will get to 95° today and the rest of the week, and next weekend it drops to the 80’s. That’s the coming of fall here in the desert. But nights are in the 60’s, so I’m a bit chilly when I get out of bed.

Thanks, Darla. We’ll miss all those kids, believe it or not. I know moms with little ones like to get here by 6 pm. So we are spending the day away, and Halloween night in a hotel.
          The next day we get up early and hie E off to his surgery. Because it is a dangerous one for seniors (he’s 80) I will not be the one to mention All Souls Day (Nov 1) or All Saints Day (Nov 1 or 2, depending) or Diá de Meurtos - Mexico’s Day of the Dead (Nov 2). Hope the kids won’t either. Not that Christian churches wont have their reminders on display, or the sight of Mexican families picnicking in the cemeteries.
          With or without this surgery, his arm won’t ever be the same again, he’s told. So we might just give the kids our Halloween decorations.

Not much going on here today. Got all the Halloween cards and the rest of this months birthday cards written out and ready for tomorrow’s mail.ill probably have to slip some laundry to the laundry room and get that done.

Right now though, I have the newspaper ready to read, my mocha cup filled, and just finished my waffle with jelly (I get tired of syrup).

Have a beautiful day, everyone!
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• jostoy
            jostoy commented
            Editing a comment
            JoGee, I eat peanut butter on my waffle. Never put syrup on them.

Good morning all.

​Well no Church for me today. I don't want to go to church with my "war paint" all around my neck. Once again I got into some poison ivy when I went over to close up the camper for the winter. I swear I looked real good, I thought, before I went into the tree line behind my lot. Stupid me...I had the tree line all cleared, and the time before last, I threw some old PVC piping in there. Well I decided that I was stupid for doing that so I went in to get it to bring home and put in the garbage. They always say you pay for stupidity. And I'm paying dearly this time.

Last night was the first I was up just once because I was itching so bad. AND I didn't have to change my bedding either. Before I've had to change the bedding as I had wet spots on the pillow and top sheet. I'm guessing that is from the poison ivy oils that are seeping out of my neck.

​When I get up, I first wash all around my neck, then put alcohol on it with a cotton ball. AND yes I do a "rain dance or war dance, then put the Calamine lotion on. So as you can see, this is not a short time that I'm up. The calamine lotion takes a bit to dry so I can go back to bed. At least my dances have not been in vain.... we are getting rain.

Hope that Nalani is doing O.K. She hasn't posted for 2-3 days. Sure enjoy reading her posts and learning something about Hawaii. Don't figure I'll ever get over there to see it for myself.

Everyone have a good Sunday.

I believe . . .
          that best friends can do anything
          or nothing and have the best time.

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• determined
            determined commented
            Editing a comment
            Jostoy next time you are any where there could be poison ivy, tie a fishing sinker on a string and wear it next to your body. Sounds silly I know but it works. I was not allowed out without mine when I was little. My niece always wears one around her ankle at all times. Someone told my Dad about it the first time I got it and so my family has relied on it for over 50 years.

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            The boys around here get poison ivy that bad! Jon has ended up in the ER many times for a shot. They are using Ivarest from Walmart and it seems to have helped Andrew's last bout. I also know you can get a sensitivity shot at the beginning of the season. I have never had it but understand the necessity of changing beds daily and washing their towels and clothes separately. Poison Ivy is miserable stuff...are you sure it is ivy and not something else? Take care of yourself!

Aloha all

Comment

Good evening

there is a gremlin on this Board!!!!!!.... I was here this morning and posted.... and it's gone.... OR . my mind is leaving me...ummmm... that is a possibility too.

Jostoy . would have loved to have a hidden camera and caught the Rain Dance... ..I must not be as susceptible to ivy . can't remember of getting any major attacks .. a few small episodes between fingers.. but Doctored the kids. and washed the clothes. etc etc

Im not "turning on my light" for trick or treat this year... Last year had 2 little ones . complete strangers from another road..( and Donna's Blaise, who is special). Our little strip of houses on this part of a country road. has mainly seniors and adults who kids are in college.. one little guy lives next door. but his Church frowns on all Halloween celebration.. so not loading up the house with candy for David the diabetic or me, the lady still needing 5# or so off this frame.. (my knees would appreciate less to to carry up them Steps.. )

Hi Nalani.. you can soon give me the weather report every day of Hawaii... so I can be sighing with envy... you all know its time for my little sign
            I HATE WINTER..

Jog will be thinking ,praying for you guys tomorrow..
            Hi Darla,
            Maxie... 70 candles????!.. would not believe it , as much as you do in a day!!... slow down Girl.. don't want to wear out before 80.. its more fun when you are 80 and sassy... I love giving the poor telemarkerters who get my number..a really rough time... sometimes I hang up phone nicely and sometimes I have fun...one kept asking for David.. finally I yelled. " HE don't live here anymore, I kicked him out! ".. gotta have fun where you can..

Hi Elaine. the church we are presently attending have a light "snack" after church every week too.. we have not stayed yet.. but we will one day..

and waving at all you people who visit ,read and leave .. sometimes I read how many on the Board and it will say 26 guests.. so ,,Guest, take time some day and Register.. we welcome new folks..

Comment

Maye, E’s surgery is Nov 1, not tomorrow. I’m sure the time will go quickly, though. We have a couple of weeks to let this all sink in, and prepare for all the things he won’t be able to do for a couple of months.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
              X