Wed 10/11

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wed 10/11

Good morning..I am hoping for a better day today than yesterday...work wasn't too bad except that I got in trouble for over looking a row. It wasn't on purpose and I just went back looked again..its probably my hardest row right now...its all winter coats they are heavy and bulky.

I think today the day that we get extra volunteers and highschool kids..the high school kids are not bad...the others depends on the day.

After work I got on the bus and found there were only 3 running meaning it was going to be a 3 to 3.5 hour ride home then a 2 block walk in the rain. So I called the ride service and hopped off the bus wait 10 or 15 minutes in the rain for my ride to come....

Came home and got warm and didn't do much of anything else.

Good morning everyone.

​Not too much on the "old agenda" for today. The appliance repairman is suppose to be here around 8:30. He took my part with him last week to look for a screw to fit the part. Well that was never done, so he says. I think I found the screw that was in the broken part. When I called yesterday, I told him I didn't have the part so I could see if I found the right screw. BTW...I won't pay him his service fee up front again.

​I may move my furniture around for the winter. Just depends if "HE" arrives when he says he will, and if I have the right screw to fix the refrig. May even change out my curtains for the winter in the living room.

Everyone have a nice day.

I believe . . .
    that maturity has more to do with
    what types of experiences you've had
    and what you've learned from them
    and less to do with how many
    birthdays you've celebrated.

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

I get so many great ideas from this board! Thanks, jostoy! Maybe I will get my curtains changed out. They could use it and if the blinds get cleaned ( my first thing I have to do!( then new drapes or sheers would really perk it up. My husband was the furniture changer and witout him I tend to just let everything stay in one place.

Well, good morning on this chilly Trash day: Wednesday to you all. It is also The Day After the baby Coughed and sneezed in my face a few times and even though I washed my face every time, and took k(only) one Zicam yesterday, I woke up sniffing and coughing. So I am taking Zicam and anyting else I think will help; doubled up on my probiotic tis morning, too. He just turned 3 months old, so it isn't like I can tell him to turn his head or cover his mouth like I tell the older kids.

My mother has to be at her hand surgery center at 8:45 this morning and Becky is taking her down, leaving here at 7:30. The worst traffic time for our two lane Hwy 99 you have to take, but she is used to driving it to school so knows what to expect. I think my mother was really hoping my brother would be able to take time off to go with her, but it isn't even a surgery that needs pre-op. She doesn't realize his schedule is set 6 weeks in advance...and this is something we can handle, just like last surgery, which was more involved.

Our sky was smokey all day yesterday. the sun looks red as it came up and as it set. My friend who had to evacuate (45 miles away in paradice) was able to go home. the fire was stopped across the street from her house! I haven't turned on the tv this morning so I don't know how things are with the fires.
      A Sacramento friend posted that a Santa Rosa assisted living facility had burned down and the residents had been brought to a facility near her and they are asking for donations of clothes, Depends, everything, as the residents got out with just what they were wearing! So many homes have been burned in that area. Spencer said he got an email form the office he had been working at last week that some of the people there had lost their homes.
      October is a bad month for fires in CA.

Well, I hope I haven't brought anyone down with my post. There are certainly opportunities to bless others all around us.
      Hope you all and your families are well and good!

Comment

Good morning.
        Its a windy morning here, and it looks overcast......rain maybe? Or maybe not. If I see the sun in the next half hour, that'll tell me more than the weather app does. I already went out to get today's paper and it feels deliciously cool out. No sign of life in the neighborhood yet, but it's too early for kids to catch the school bus or walk to a nearby school. I feel like I slept late today, almost til 6am. But I got 7-1/2 hrs of uninterrupted sleep, which is a good thing.

E started the laundry yesterday and forgot about it. But I finished both loads, folded and hung them already. I really hate when laundry sits in the machine, be it wet or dry. I was uninspired for cooking, though, so he nuked the frozen dinners last night. I'd already made salmon salad sandwiches with craisins for lunch.

A few errands need to be run today. We'll have fun going hither and thither today. If that wind keeps blowing as it is, I doubt I'll wash my hair today. The wind will just mess up my hair til the next washing, and I don't wash it every day because it tends to be dry and I want to preserve the natural oils or what's left of them. This week should stay in the low 90's....gives me hope for an early approaching fall.

Hope you all have a super duper good day! 😃

Ahhhh.....the sun finally peeked over the mountain, and the gray skies turned blue. Yay! But the wind is still blowing more than I like. I'll do my share of sneezing today.

☕️ My morning mocha is delicious!
        Last edited by JoGee; 10-11-2017, 09:12 AM.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning., nothing going on here, waiting for a call from ear, nose and throat Dr. Thyroid is enlarged and there are nodules so have to see them to see what the next step is.

Comment

Good morning! Gloomy and suppose to cool down all day. I do not care about the weather much. Need to work up some hamburger so will make a meatloaf or two and set some aside for a quick spaghetti sauce. Soo, tonight is one or the other. With Friday being eat out night I have this week under control!!

Sierra was home for homework last night and when Andrew went into his routine his dad shut him down instantly...she will not be here tonight so hope his dad is ready cuz I told them I was done with homework. Went in to watch my hockey game headache free! Another winner. Lets Go Blues! I know when they have their first loss it will break my heart but I gotta enjoy it now because no one can go into a tail spin faster than any team I am routing for...

I have been hearing and seeing the fires on tv. How horrible and amazing how fast they move! They showed a before and after of a neighborhood and it was completely burned to the ground! More catastrophes....where is this country going? As if suffering an incompetent government wasn't enough we have all these other plagues heaped on. Scary!

Jo enjoy your cool morning. Today is our only cool day then back into the 80s and close to 90 this weekend. Fall can't find itself just yet so hope we are not going to go straight into winter. Winter is a place I need to inch into! Joystoy we were so lucky with out last repairman...in and out and a new ice maker under warranty. But some of these guys just think anyone with gray hair is easy and rich! Good luck with dealing with him.

I too am planning a way to move furniture but will wait until the Christmas tree is down since space is limited in this room and the kids are already discussing whose train will run upstairs and whose downstairs this year so we do need room to run track. To have your train ran upstairs is an honor but yet the train downstairs is the one most run because that is where the guys are...go figure that reasoning. Beth you are pretty chipper for standing in the rain last night and waiting for a ride. Do they cancel buses often? Darla, always a doctor to visit..wouldn;t it be great to jump out of bed every morning with everything working perfectly and feeling great?

Guess I should get moving. Read something on face book I need to ask Sierra about. She should have the dirty details but will she share them? Believe it or not the girl is not a gossip and I need to prey details from her about anything in the gossip department. Have a great day all...

Comment

Good late afternoon, has been a busy day all day, and I even woke up at 3:30 a.m. and could not go back to sleep so I did get on the internet and was shopping...

Also made a trip to the grocery store, did a few loads of laundry, ironed hubby's new white shirt, and then started working on dinner, Salisbury steak, and also making large batch of hot dog chili to take to the reunion... tomorrow is hubby's work place luncheon, then home to start baking...I want to try those upside down pineapple cupcake thingies and also make some whoppie pies to take.. Well time to stir the pot... chili pot that is....have a great evening one and all...I plan on having a great one...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good evening ... have been dealing with a strange body episode...Yesterday, Got my haircut in morning .. young lady laid me back to wash the hair.. by mid afternoon. I could hardly breathe with out pain.. I feel like maybe a vertebrae was pinching a nerve ,If I stand "tall" and stretch .i can breath without pain.. but sitting was almost impossible. ..today is a little better . but my back between shoulder blades is just aching .. strange...standing is ok.... setting,and leaning back not working??????..hope it lets up on its own..

I did get a cherry pie madeToday,, ( already had the crust mixed up). and a pot of good beef, bacon chowder made for new Parents.... Called Shawna , they had a trip out and came back around here.. to pick up pie and soup goodies... and I got to hold Precious Elsie for 15 min.. already getting a personality!... but forgot to grab the camera and get a picture!.. Oh how sweet to hold a newborn..

so nice to come and read the "news " of your day... meet you here tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                X