Monday 10/9

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday 10/9

I don't wanna go to work...I wish I could come up with a reason to call in..I just want one more day off.!! Today is Columbus day meaning half price day at at the store and no school so there will be extra kids too...Not a good day in my books...just going to go in and do my work and get the heck outta there!!

Last night was the first night since my small group at church divided into two groups...I got to know everyone in my new small group I think that I am going to love love love my new small group...

Today is work and groceries

Good morning, everyone.

Yesterday worked out beautifully for us in SV. After breakfast we went over to Art In The Park, and finished looking at the rest of the tables there. We did skip the food trailers, the charity tents, and such. Overall, I’ve seen more diverse offerings there in the past. But it wasn’t bad. There were several tables of handmade jewelry, most stuff can learn to make at JoAnns or Michaels, but also some original talent of making jewelry with rocks/stones and from real leaves. One table of goat milk soap and bathing products. Tables for dip mixes, garlic sauces, and chili sauces. Tables of clothing, handmade, hand decorated, and tie-dyed. Some of the yard/garden decorations were impressive. Hand carved bowls. Children’s knitted toys, cloth books, whatever. Christmas decorations and curtsy ceramics galore. But I was there to look, not really buy. Although I ended up getting E an egg-shape/size kaleidoscope for his collection....it really looks like a brown egg. For myself, some orange-blossom honey.

At noon we met another couple at Culver’s for lunch. A guy E used to work with, and his wife. It’s been a while since we’ve seen them, but she has gone through a lot of Medical Misery, as have I. Can’t believe we talked for 2 straight hours. In that time I had their smallest menus item, one chicken tender that I nibbled on, the other I slipped into my purse. The others all had a butter burger, talk about cholesterol city in there. Mostly I sipped a root beer float. But the conversation was good and interesting.

We took “the scenic” (longer) route home, and enjoyed the scenery. Went through what was the “little town” next to Tucson, called Vail, and were astounded how much that area had grown.
    Then home, and propped up our feet to relax. We really didn’t want supper, but E had picked up some donuts that we nibbled on.
    Back to reality today. I see dusting ahead. Plus the wait for E’s surgeon’s call. Whatever chores pop up. And cooking.

Beth, I hope your day turns out better than you anticipated.

Have a great day, everyone,
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      I would love to see the hand carved bowls!!!

• bethina
      bethina commented
      Editing a comment
      Believe it or not my dad's cousins own the dairy queen in Vail. They own one in Tucson also

Good morning everyone...
    Rise and shine...No.!!! sun to day...On and off rain...

i am stuffing pillows to day...One my little helpers..Want to use my stuffing as a nest....lol..Too cute...

Bethina,I wish you can take the day off..the store will be busy..Oh NO...And the screaming...

I got up early...thank too my wake up call..And did all my house work...And have supper in the crockpot....All morning clean...

A good day to stay home...On and off rain..

Comment

rise and today we Shine,,, its raining but who cares!.... we have our baby girl!!!!! Elsie , the long awaited great-granddaughter, arrived last evening at 9:55..... Shawna, the momma, from about 8am ,,, David and I stopped at hospital after our lunch .. I brought him home.. then went back to hospital with my daug. Karen.. where we set and waited. , could go see her occasionally through the day,,, and waited. but all worth while.. she is a sweetie, short and round like her momma... I got to hold her.. what a great day!... healthy baby, healthy Mother.. Answered Prayer.

tired. so do not know what the day will bring.. maybe quick visit to hospital.. (only 12 min away). great grandpap will want to see her. she is definitely his side of the family ..

( SassyG.. the yarn will have to wait until tomorrow )

Jog what a great drive you guys had .. our Mike was stationed at Tucson, and we visited him. drove through Vail.. that was approx 30 years ago. so the city will be so much bigger now.

see you all later.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, Maye, nothing better than a new baby in the family!!!
        congratulations to the whole family!

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats on the new baby! Nothing sweeter than a new baby in your arms!

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Maye,It is a holiday..I will give you the day off..
        I am doing the happy dance..How wounderful a baby girl...!!!!..I love that name....
        WOW..!!! a Great...I bet you are tickle pink...

Good chilly morning. Wasn't ready to get up but the fuzz butt insisted she needed out.

JoG , my Mom's cousin lived in Tucson for years, have step cousin's in Apachee Junction. Cousin and her husband I think are in Phoenix ( he a Dr and she a nurse in a big hospital) but they maybe retired by now.

Don't have plans for today, may stay curled up on the couch with a blanket, DO said the temp is supposed to drop all day and it's only 50 now.

Everyone have a super duper day

Comment

I also have supper in the crock pot and am ready to face the day...as soon as the fog burns off. Suppose to be 85 with rain tonight so Jon has promised to finish the painting. Are you all sick of my constant complaining about painting? Me too!!!!!!

No Andrew today so no homework but Sierra does have classes so will be in and out. She did stay home yesterday long enough to help outside. All the trimming is finished and the last of the yard ornaments stored away. Looks bare out there. Will leave the patio chairs because someone will sit in them all winter. He somehow got all our clipping burned last night and I did not ask how he got a fire going with that greenery. Just as long as it is gone.

Could scrounge up a couple of loads of laundry and have a hockey game on at noon but if he is going to drag out the ladder I will be there. If the painting is finished it will be a monumental day and if it doesn't it will just another day around here. Hope you all have an exciting one. Jo I have not been to a craft fair of any size in a long time and that does sound like fun. Beth hope your day is better than anticipated. What is in the crock pot Sassy?

Comment

Quick good morning post.
          I made a chocolate cake last night for a dinner with friends today. This morning I made the frosting. laundry and some cleaning up in the daycare. yesterday I stacked some things on the table the kids eat at and forgot to do anything with those items I took out of the closet...Mad scramble but it is all clear and clean now.

Beth, just think of all the people you are helping with clothes they might not be able to buy on other days or at other stores. So lglad you are enjoying your small group at church.

I better run...baby milk is in the freezer and I have to get it thawing.
          Jo, your trip sounded great. I also like to look at the hand knit items, especially if it is made from wool they spun themselves. One person I bought form up here even had tags on her items with the name of her sheep the wool came from!

Be bAck later if the kids give me a break. One will be off for the holiday; his mom works for the State and they get it off. The schools do not.
          Have a great Monday!

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            Schools are out here except for the colleges and universities. Not sure about state employees. My son only gets a holiday off if it is his regularly scheduled day. How many kids do you have? And you are doing this alone without an aid? Then any day with one or more kids gone would be a holiday!

Maye, congratulations to the whole family on the new addition of Elsie. Picture? Babies are so adorable and lovable.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
          X