Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday...Oct. 8th

Good morning.

About to get all the "pre-winter" jobs done. Got E's house power washed and got all but 6 of her windows washed. Those six are over her flower bed and the flowers are still too pretty to trample them down.

​Either this afternoon or early tomorrow morning I'm going over to close the camper up for the winter. That will be the last thing of my jobs.

This morning is S.S and Church so I better get off here.

Everyone have a good day.

I believe . . .
    that sometimes when I'm angry
    I have the right to be angry,
    but that doesn't give me
    the right to be cruel.

Last edited by jostoy; 10-08-2017, 08:33 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Good Morning Jostoy! Today I am going out to take a big bite out of those prewinter chores. Sierra said she would give me a couple of hours and we will trim back some things, carry in the plants that will winter in the basement and hopefully she and I can get that butterfly bush transplanted. It is beautiful and still have new blooms and is actually still being visited by butterflies but it is time to end the season. Jon is off Monday and if it continues rain free will finally finish the front painting and then we must get the deck and steps stained. Maybe things are looking up around here!

Jon and I did grocery shop after he got home from work and he hauled in while I put away then called it a night with my jams and hockey game. Blues won again!! They play tomorrow at noon which is strange. It is a holiday to most people yet Sierra has class. Columbus Day...

Since it is just Jon and I tonight I will not cook but do have a couple of meals planned for next week and have them shopped for. I have decided to move the furniture around after the holidays and put a tv in the front room. I need a couch table and am going to try to get Jon to make one when the outside work is over. The big screen is in the boy cave where the girls never go, ewwwwww, but each of us has a tv in our bedrooms. I think maybe it will promote more familiness if there was a tv in a room where we all could sit without fear of being attacked by things on the floor or smell. Men are so......like men! I know, I always have a plan.

If I have any energy left after the yard work today I need to switch out my closet and get some warm clothes out. We looked for Andrew a coat last Friday and this 'store' says they still have all their carhartts in the back room and are slowly getting them out. Since that was the day I was in my very worst mood I did ask her what they were waiting for? snow?. It is October in Illinois and in a couple of weeks we could have freezing temps...of course in a couple of weeks we could have 90* temp but you have to be prepared especially putting kids out at bus stops at dawn.

Guess I am done moaning and bitching. Jostoy you just get up and do all these amazing things and I spin my wheels and complain...what is wrong with this picture? Have a great Sunday all..

Comment

Good morning....I just woke up..still dealing with an ear ache.

Cori just climbed up and went to sleep on me..

Comment

good morning !!!see me dancing around the room... all excited ... the BABY is coming today.!... Granddaughter Shawna's water broke ,and she was on way to hospital at the last report from Son... we will go up to hospital after bit.. first baby's rarely come in a hurry... but Baby Elise is on her way !..

will be back to report in later..... the other great Grand baby , who will be two this coming Sat.... we were there at Noon, and he did not arrive until 2 min after Midnight!... lets hope Elise is faster..

Comment

It is a windy morning here. I woke up to the blinds over my bed banging back and forth and the little dog getting scared and crawling under the covers next to me. She never does that, and is just getting more and more anxious over noises. The wind will do a number on our hair going to the car and into church, so I am styling mine with that in mind and not going to stress over it.

I didn't make it to Home Depot because Becky decided to bake and wanted us to take cookies to some people and that took so much time to visit. Much nicer than going to HD. Good friends but we just don't get together like we used to and they were happy to see us and we talked more than I thought we would. I felt like we had been to a family get together...these are both friends who have become family.

I forgot yesterday morning that I needed to go to the post office. I used a big diaper box to mail the dog blanket and then realized I had three other gifts to send off. Luckily, they all fit in the big padded envelopes I have. (Thanks to Amazon, my new office supply store since our Staples closed.) So DVD's off to Spencer's boys; a dress that Rylie had put on her Christmas list and I thought, Why wait till then? and sent it now; and a book on CD for Stuart to listen to as he drives to and from work or whenever. His birthday is Nov 4, but I will be gone the next two Saturdays which are my post office days...so, it was a great feeling to get all lthat mailed off! I live in a small town and it shouldn't be such an emotional core to get to the post office, but with my daycare hours and my mother falling on the sidewalk at the PO I have to do that errand myself.

I have church and then just some things I want to do around here. I am rearranging the daycare room closet to accommodate things that are piling up in my room. I have enough storage space in this house; I just haven't utilized it well. And I need to donate more kitchen pots and pans that I don't use.

Have a good day and stay well and happy!!!

Comment

Good Morning, sun is shining bright today.

Was great to see Nalini post yesterday, guess a little nudge letting her know she is loved and missed did the trick.

Parade yesterday wasn't great, at least not IMHO. I'm used to floats and everything moving along. Sometimes there was a good 5 minutes between bands, there was a lot of those. Thing I missed the most was the old "oompha" band, you know the ones doing the polka music that gets your toes tapping.

Maye looking forward to pics of that new great grandbaby.

Comment

I am back again and in more social mood! LOL I looked at my calendar for the week...FULL!

Monday is a sale day at work...and I must get groceries and that type of thing
              Tuesday work...and buidling bunk beds for people in need with people from church
              Wednesday is work and church
              Thursday Work and dinner out with friends
              Friday Work and volunteering
              Saturday I don't think that I have plans
              Sunday Small group

I am not totally excited for work in the morning it being a sale day...I will be so glad to see my friends at work. I will also be glad for food in the house...I ordered pizza last night it was pretty good so today is a cold pizza day. I think that I shall crawl under the covers and read the book I began on vacation.

Comment

Good afternoon..

Late,Late....

Went to church,SS,Then went to shopping..
                What a day..Rain..And more rain it is coming...Heavy and wind...
                Maye..I will give you the day off..To day..It is the day of rest...
                i am glad to see.Nalini,Back..I miss you...
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Aloha all!

For Donna, my granddaughters web site is The Kookie Jar. I don't know the exact web addy but that is what she calls herself. Sometimes she uses language that I don't approve of but what do grannies have any clout. Not me.

I am several hours behind most of you and about 5 or 6 hours after those of you on eastern time, so when I check in it'll be late. Just had breakfast and am doing a loud of laundry.

Have a good day all!

Comment

• cookielady
                    cookielady commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh it's SO GOOD to see you back. We worry. We lost Mickie this past spring.

Checked out the Kookie Jar in Johnstown, OH....is that the one? She's very talented. She does royal icing, I do buttercream & sand sugar.

• Nalani
                    Nalani commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes that's her. She only does the decorated sugar cookies. People order what they want and she does her best. I am quite amazed that she is showing this talent for decorating them. Lots of work but not very much money, but she enjoys it now the kids are in school.

Hey all! Better late than never? I'm anxious for Aunt J's new GGD. I have a very soft spot for Shawna and was so excited when I heard she was having a baby. She'll be a great mom.

Yesterday was sort of a discombobulated day. Delivered the pies & cupcakes to the stand. The cupcakes were in celebration of Linda's BD. Last year at this time she didn't even know who anyone was. The cancer treatment did a real number on her & it took a good 9 mos for her to get back to her normal self. So it was my honor to do this for her. Then it was off to Blaise's soccer game. Went to deliver the 4 pies ordered by the ladies at the church that I delivered 6 pies to the day before for the Fall Festival which was yesterday. All the slices of pie were already sold by noontime when we got there. We dropped Blaise off at his friend Drake's. Drake was suppose to come to our place, but his Mom said it would be easier if Blaise came there to play.

I came home and baked the 6 pies Lew ordered for today. Started doing up some laundry. I was dragging butt even though it was sunny outside. I did sort of cook dinner. Loving every cob of corn I get because the season is almost over.

This morning was church & SS. Kathy picked up Blaise at the church after SS. I then came home & delivered the pies. My Mom, brother Ray, and Aunt P came, and then we met Becca, my brother Tom & SIL Sh for lunch near Becca's place. We had a nice time. I could only eat half my sandwich, so I know what I'm having for supper.

Linda called to thank me for the cupcakes and said how everyone raved about them. I made vanilla w/rasp filling & iced with a cream cheese icing, then a vanilla with almond vanilla frosting w/coconut sprinkled on top, then a choc cupcake w/PB frosting, and last was a choc cupcake filled with whip cream filling and topped with plain choc icing. My icing isn't super sweet at all. I'm not a fancy decorator, but the look better than the old iced with a butter knife. Linda ask if I would consider selling those at the stand next year too along with the pies. Hmmmm.....something to think about & consider. A couple people took my card and said they were going to call me to make them cupcakes.

Going to play cards at my SIL later. And evening to snack & have fun. I haven't had a fun evening since last Sunday.

​Have a good one all!

Comment

Good evening,
                    I’ll post about my day today tomorrow. It was a long day, but pleasant.

Cookie, those cupcakes sound over-the-top as well as delicious.
                    Nalani, it’s so good to have you back! I hope your hip starts healing up soon!

To all, hope you have had a super duper day.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                    X