Saturday Morning, sleeping in?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Morning, sleeping in?

Good Morning one and all...well wish me luck, off to Grandpa's house which will now be referred to as Cindy & Gary's house...was thinking today, 35 yrs. and I still feel like an outsider....
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Made it to my parents around midnight..crashed and slept....very ready to get to my house and my cat...i am afraid the ride home from mom and dad's is going to feel a Lot longer thAn yesterdays longggg ride. Today my sister is short tempered almost mean from not enough rest.

I am pretty sure my Cori will be glad to see me. Or mad because no one has been there since Wednesday. My brother in law forgot.

Mayb I will sleep going home.

Comment

Good Morning, sitting in the chilly weather waiting for the parade to start, thankfully it isn't pouring down rain. Had to go to the car 1/2 way through the game, rain and cold.

Will try to send a message to Nalani's daughter to get an address to send cards, so glad she answered so we know what is going on.

Well parade has started, have a wonderful day.

Comment

Good morning

Thank you Darla for getting information on Nalani..(. I too experiencing tough time getting to RT..finally got it take new name.)...she will appreciate hearing from us I know!...

Bethina,, cats can be alone if there was food and water for her... but you might find some "destruction" somewhere when she got lonely.
        ..she will be happy to see you!

quiet type of day planned.. make a pot of hamburg,potato stew after bit. ..... Checked out some books from library, and have some on the Kindle. so I am ready for at home day... Pharmacy had called yesterday,,Davids Med were ready to pick up.. they are trying to put a plan together to get all the scrips on the same date. ( insurance co. agrees ) . dau,Karen was going to be near enough to Pharmacy ,after the soccer game, to pick them up for us.she was
        running a little late ,pulled into Pharm. parking lot 8:54..pm.. they looked and were almost Closed. but the pills were ready. she delivered them to the house.. so I don't have to go out this morning ...

Sharon,, shrug it off.just Think,,,. as an Outsider. you won't have to host any Big parties,and I wouldn't.... .. I would make that Clear to you him who lives with you .. Hard not to have warm relationships with family But it happens .

be back , have a great day.. here it will be sunny..maybe hit 80.. yea..

Comment

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine....
          I was up early...To some sewing..Someone gave my shirt to make into pillow...And it took me all morning..And it did not work..What a mess...But i try...
          Trying to sew up a teddy bear..Let's see how it go...lol..

Maye.!!!..How is that afghan doing???..Back to the salt mines...

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            I have seen some of the pillows made from shirts...very cute and have great meanings if using a dears ones shirt. Keep trying... I would love to see the end product!

• Aunt Maye
            Aunt Maye commented
            Editing a comment
            KEEP nagging... I will , I will get the yarn out tomorrow afternoon and see what kind of stuff I have "leftover" .. Will make a Chain 170 stitches or so long and that will be a start. keep Nagging.

• sassygirl01
            sassygirl01 commented
            Editing a comment
            Maxie,I seem them too..They are cute too..I am working on it...
            Maye,Me ..Nagging.....OK.....It is a start...OK...lol..

Morning...I don't know if it is sleeping in if you didn't go to sleep until dawn...another of those nights where I could not sleep. Yesterday I was an angry bird the entire day and knew it but could not stop it. Guess it has been brewing so hopefully I have it out of my system. Being mean is such hard work but being sarcastic comes easy. Today after Sierra leaves, as soon as she can get out of here, I will be alone. I should call to meet up with Jon for grocery shopping but still haven;t decided. It is a long list and I do not feel obligated to feed this entire household today. Ok, so the mood has not entirely passed. Sun is out but I know for a fact it poured during the night so if it is done and over maybe I can paint on Monday. Jon is off Monday and even making noises that he might, maybe think about the lattice. Who the hell knows around here?

Sharon that is funny about feeling the outsider after 30 years. My husband was an only child to older parents who were both the youngest so there was no other family but a few distant cousins. When we married he was the biggest fish in the pond at family occasions. He loved having a family! But some families close off and want you to be the outsider. Go for grandpa and screw em all! He loved you! Just walk around saying to yourself I one of grandpa's favorites so think what you want!

Sorry to hear about Nalani and happy she moved back to be close to her family before this happened. Beth, poor kitty! She was probably going to make you pay for leaving her anyway with a bad attitude but no food? Well, it would put me in a bad mood for sure! Maye, glad you got your scribts in and can settle in for the day. Read what you said about saving your better book picks for winter. I have a few stashed back for the very same reason. Have not found the book I lost in the OUTLANDER series but think I can probably just go on to the last book and finally end the years of reading that series. I just got tired of all the words and how boring some places were. I normally will not read a trilogy or series that continues until I have all the books but this one just went on and on and on...maybe the reason why I want all the books in front of me? Could do a load of laundry today or could call Jon and arrange to meet him after work for a bite and grocery shopping. No bread or milk or cereal or, gasp!!, chicken nuggets and no ranch dressing which the kids around here slather on everything. Won't see Andrew for a couple of days but will see Sierra stroll in every night looking for food. She works fast food so eat before you leave, right? I would and I would also look like the side of the building.

Talked to my sister yesterday and our other sister is wanting a weekend getaway. That is sounding good to all of us...and much needed by each of us. Have a wonderful Saturday each of you...Darla, is this home coming parade for the football team? Back home was yesterday and dance tonight. Big deal for the the kids.

Comment

• determined
            determined commented
            Editing a comment
            Maxie, it is a big parade here, Harmony Of Harvest, schools from miles around come to march. Personally I found it lacking, no good floats, waiting between bands. Just not the kind of parade I grew up with.

Good later morning from me, too!

didn't you know, maxie, Ranch dressing is the new ketchup??? And it goes on more stuff than ketchup ever did (at least in our house).I can still remember when my kids asked for Ranch for their pizza and I was very skeptical, until I tried it! Anyway, it is a necessity in the frig at all times here! I make it, though.

The house looks so nice now that the painting is done. Of course, I don't want to set out the same old pots and bench I had out there. I am thinking I will get some paint to freshen up the bench and definitely get plants. My small town mentality gets in the way when I think of going to Home Depot (It's All the way across town ...but it is only three miles. Three miles with 9 stop lights or Stop signs so that it take syou 10 minutes to get there while Walmart is so close it takes only 1 minute...but the quality of plants there isn't as good nor the selection as large as Home Depot.

Jo, my neighbors behind me have oleander that grows through my fence and hangs over it on the pool side. I don't wait for the lawn crew to cut it back, I whack that stuff the minute I see it coming through the slats. And make sure I pick up all leaves that fall. It is in the grass yard we use for kids and on the weekend the dogs. It has been planted down the middle of a lot of our highways because it is drought resistant.

Darla, thanks for the information about Nalani. I experienced that doctor attitude of giving up on the patient when Gary was in ICU...it took me a while to realize and not easy to feel any compassion for that doctor. Hope her regular doctor can get her relief.

I better get my self in gear. Walmart gets so crazy and thelast two times I went (I am keeping count!) I got behind people who had issues at the register and my stuff was already lined up on the belt...ugh. I was so frustrated this last Saturday that it was a real effort on my part not to let me feelings show on my face, and I am pretty sure I wasn't very good at it. By the time the cashier got to me and said, sighing, How is your day? I just smiled and said You have got to be one of the most patient people around. And that was my good deed for the day. I thought I am not going to Walmart after 9:00 am on a Saturday Again!
          So, I am off...

Have a good day! Maxie, I hope there is no homework on the weekend.

Wish me luck! And take some for yourself!

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            I did not even open the backpack so there could have been a ton of homework and his mother can do it! Walmart has been installing the self check outs and I refuse to use them so am setting myself up for a long wait in a checkout line. They have more of the selfers than actual people checking. IF I shop today it will be shop n save. You got your painting done...the boohoo is for me and the yahoo is for you. Should have hired it out in the first place. But I understand how everything else looks shabby! Big Lots has the most colorful pots but only plants out around here now are mums and they are drying out with the weather. I am so envious of your house being painted!!!!

Good afternoon, almost.
          Morning was a waste....got up late, 8am. There was a bit of waiting at the restaurant. A bunch of waiting people walked out, so we got seated in decent time. But we waited a long time for service. When it came, my toast had no butter, my hash browns not cooked (cool and crunchy). Hubby's coffee cup wasn't clean. IHOP is usually better. We finished at 11am, and I didn't eat all of it. So we drove around to find where we'll be meeting his friend at noon. After lunch we'll go to the Park. But we've lost the cool part of the day. If we don't cover it all, we can finish tomorrow morning before we meet his other friends for lunch.
          SV has grown a lot. I barely recognize it. And the GPS keeps saying it isn't fully equipped with updates here. 🙄 We get lost a lot.
          Last edited by JoGee; 10-07-2017, 01:30 PM.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Hey all!!! It's finally sunny day here. The last two have been cloudy & miserable.

Yesterday was super busy, even for me. Started off baking off 16 pies. Delivered 6 to the customer that was getting them for her church's Fall Festival which is today. Well the church ladies flocked, and two of them ordered 2 pies each for today, so I came home and made them and had enough cherry filling to make 2 more pies. I think the final total was 23 pies baked yesterday. Then I had to make 4 doz cupcakes for Linda's BD down at the stand, which turned into 9 doz because I need some for next weekend, so while I'm making a mess, I might as well make a big mess. What a day! I got the 4 doz decorated and froze the rest. I ordered pizza for dinner.

This morning I took the pies & cupcakes down to the stand. Thursday Lew said to make 8 for today and that'd last both days...S&S. Well when I delivered them he said he'd take 6 for tomorrow. We then headed to Blaise's soccer game. His friend Drake invited him over after lunch. I went to a couple yard sales which were a total bust, BUT Sue went to a yard sale and got me a 4 qt non-stick pot for $.25, which is exactly what we use to make my fillings. That was the deal of the day!!!!

I'm now baking the 6 pies. I used every single pie crust I had left. Last week we made up 20 batches of dough and rolled them out thinking they'd last me until Thanksgiving pie orders. Guess not. We are going to make up more this coming Wed.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning and Aloha all! Sorry I've been AWOL Must put this forum on my Ipad but have to have either Patty or Bim to do that.

Donna, my granddaughter is also in the cookie making business. Will post her cookie site tomorrow. She makes decorated sugar cookies in all shapes and sizes. Really cute.

Back later.

Comment

• determined
                determined commented
                Editing a comment
                Hooray, Hooray glad you are feeling up to being here

• Aunt Maye
                Aunt Maye commented
                Editing a comment
                HI!!!!!!!!!!!!! jumping with joy to see you here Nalani!!!.. you have been Missed .. ( as are all of our absentees).. first , how are you feeling, and hows the weather...

Hi Nalani .... 👋
              So good to see you posting here again!

Hey, guess where I am today?!!!! Yep, Sierra Vista! It's Art In The Park weekend.
              This morning, if anything could go wrong, it did. First, we overslept, but got outside by 9am. Went to breakfast, there was a wait, but when a mob of people got tired of waiting and left, we got in......but breakfast was slow in coming. Morning was nearly over, but we looked for the Olive Garden where we were to meet E's friend for lunch. Spent 1/2 an hour in our hotel room then went to lunch. E & I ordered a minimal amount of food, while his friend ordered a full lunch. Got served in good time, but the server never returned with the bill. I called another employee over and she fumbled a lot but took care of it.

Then we went to AITP, and I covered maybe half the lot, but my back was acting up. So we're back in the hotel for now.
              I'll try to do the other half tomorrow morning. I did manage to get a jar of Orange Blossom honey....my favorite. We have lunch scheduled with another friend tomorrow, and will head home from there.

SV has really built up. It's so easy to get turned around now. One minor street I recall is now a major street. Even Ellis, who has mental maps in his head, has done some extra driving locating places. The animal clinic that damaged my cat so badly is still there, but changed their name.

Funny thing, Sierra Vista may have grown significantly since we were last here. But the GPS, while it can lead you into SV, it can't locate anything within SV because it never got the database for it.
              Thought you might like the update.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
              X