Friday Morning Oct. 6th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Morning Oct. 6th

Good Morning....can't sleep so here I am...will get a few things done while I have the energy...Hubby's sister that is the benefactor of the house on the lake from Grandpa is having a cookout get together tomorrow, she wants help cleaning his house out, LOL...he had a whole bunch of hamburger patties in the freezer and that is what she is grilling and we are to bring sides, I will make potato salad, hubby said what about a dessert and I said let someone else bring that, geez, does it ever end? I thought until the will was read nothing was to be removed or done at his house...

I am feeling better today, get tired easily, but plugging alone, managed to wash a few things yesterday and finally get the fridge cleaned out.

Donna, Funny about someone taking your car, NOT!! Your always baking, cooking and all other daily things, makes me tired, don't know how you accomplish it all..Hope Blaise likes scouting.

Aunt Maye, I have yet to put up a clothes line here, I really don't use them, I am a weird one that does not like the smell of my sheets or anything hung on the line...reminds me of a wet dog for some reason. Always a good day when you can visit with Donna.

JoG Nalani has a Facebook page, I often wonder how many people may have stopped trying to come here when they had problems signing in...I know that was one of the reasons Mickie stopped....and as for others I have no clue, but I sure miss those days when we had many people here...I never get my panties in a wad, life is to short to spend being angry. Sadly I think someday we may not have a 'meeting' place for the few of us here.

Bethina, hope you toes in the sand feels great...enjoy the sunshine, water and sand.

Darla, hope all the test come back good on the thyroid...they found nodules on mine last year, they are just watching them for now.. And yes, stay off of damp tile dangerously slippery.

Elaine, don't like mornings I wake up and can't go back to sleep. Hope the infusion has given John a little more energy...poor man has sure had a time of it.

I see Lisa's Tex is having a rough time also, that nasty gallbladder and the tubing leading to it...

Paula, so scarey that homeless man living in the bushes, creeping around her house, etc..yes cut those bushes down and install lights...

Maxie if I had to help with any home work now that would get my nerves on end, all the new ways they teach now is over my head...I have sympathy for you, maybe a tutor is in order, LOL

Well time to get up and get busy on those potatoes, eggs, and such for the potato salad...make a day ahead makes it meld together better..Have a good day one and all. Immodium and water are calling my name...YUCK!! Got to love those Depends...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good Morning! It was a cloudy rainy day yesterday. I think the sun is suppose to be back today.

Yesterday was super busy. Who said pie season was over? LOL! I started my morning off by going to Bible study. Came home and got cookies ready to be delivered to a customer who owns a nail salon. I always take a plate of cookies over in hopes of getting a new customer or two from there.

Came home to have some lunch and one of my new customers called. She had ordered 4 pies for today. Well she ask if by chance it would be a bother to order a couple more...heck no! So she ordered 2 more pies and a plate of cookies. Then Lew finally returned my call because he had ask me about making cupcakes for Linda's birthday tomorrow. While talking to him he said I might as well bring 8 pies to the stand tomorrow because they'll sell them Saturday & Sunday. OK. So btw all my orders, I ended up with 16 pies to make. YUP! Pie season is over....after tomorrow. LOL! Got them all made up & in the refrig for baking by supper time.

Took Blaise to his den meeting, and I came home to watch NCIS with Cork until it was time to pick him up. I then spent the rest of my evening working on the eye glasses. My goal was to finish up the first box, but I ran out of snack bags to put them in, so I still have about 20 more pair to go. I've done 200 though. I'm getting quicker.

This morning I got up early to start baking off the pies. Then it'll be cupcakes. I'm making Linda a coconut cream pie as her birthday "cake" for tomorrow. They've been so kind & supportive of me, and I try to repay the kindness in little ways.

Becca is off on Sunday, so after church, my Mom, brother Ray, Aunt P, and I are going up to have lunch with her & let them see her apartment. Kathy is SUPPOSE to take Blaise. She got iffy on me, and I told her I RARELY ask her to do anything, that she could do this for me.

Take it easy Sharon.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning.

Sharon, I, too, miss all the old folks. Been cleaning out old files. List of addresses from 2003 long. Not so anymore.

All household chores done so I think I'll go into town Nephew took my two kilns to an auction and $5 for them. It's burning a hole in my pocket. LOL

Well, nothing to report.

Have a super good day, Everyone.

Comment

Good morning.
        Did anyone see the Harvest Moon last night? We couldn't see it at its biggest at the horizon, as the mountains were in the way. But as it rose, it was large and a pretty soft gold color. Couldn't get a good picture of it, as city lights.....as well as some cars and late dog walkers with flashlights threw off the sharpness and just overall interfered. But it was a very pretty moon. When we went to bed, our blinds couldn't block out how bright it was.

We did get our flu shots yesterday. Ouch, my arm is still sore today. Have to get that put in our medical records soon.
        BTW, we haven't heard yet from the surgeon's office for E's surgery. She wanted it done ASAP????

I'm looking forward to lots of walking tomorrow at the Art Fair. (My weight is up again.). I have no idea how much I might spend there, but there are 203 tables on the map! 😄

Otherwise, nothing much else to write about here.
        Hope you all have a really great day!
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning, raining here again. I wasn't ready to actually get up this morning but when I went to the bathroom furbutt decided she needed to go to, won't leave her out and go back to bed so just stayed up.

Football tonight. Don't understand it but so long as grandson is on the field granny is in the bleachers.

Boff, I'm pretty sure that my friend Sheryle has chrons, she finally started buying the depends after I pointed out they are cheaper than having to buy new underware and pants every time she went out.

I don't think Nalani has been on her Facebook, from what I saw on it in thinking she must have had a fall, I thought about posting on there to her family to see if they would let us know what is going on with her.

Everyone have a wonderful day
          Last edited by determined; 10-06-2017, 08:53 AM.

Comment

203 tables!!! Jo, you will have a great time and not even notice the distance you walk, I bet! I used to go to a lot of craft fairs and might have to find a few this Fall.

the painters are all finished with the painting but have to come back for a few finishing touches, including putting back all my outside lights. They forgot to put the big bulbs back in my patio lights so the dogs had to go out in the dark this morning. And I didn't go out in the dark last night or this morning...I will put a picture up on Facebook when it gets all cleaned up.

I need to get some more flowers and fix up my pots that go out front. I decided to put them in a different place and keep the step at the front door open.

The baby isn't here today and one other little boy is with grandma, so it may be a day that I can get some things decluttered in the daycare. I have books to sort and too many toys that are not being played with: time to regroup and donate.

One week and I will be going to Sacramento for the weekend to an event for church authors and musicians to present their newest items...lots of fun presenters and one of them is my college roommate. She and another roommate and I will be getting together and staying together at the Sheraton which is right next to the convention center venue. Then the following Friday I am off to Utah for a weekend with all the roommates for our reunion.

Hope your Friday gets better if you aren't feeling so well, your teams win and your families are all doing well!

Comment

Good morning..vacation was great..yesterday being favorite day. Playing in the ocean was a favorite of everyone.

The two big out to eat meals were both really good.

I need to cure this short and go to sleep. I am typing from the very back seat

Comment

Good Morning

"someone" made a bunch of noise and so I was up early...but spent a couple hours reading .. have two boring books on the Kindle.. one is done. #2 is getting a skim kind of read...I do not need to read about the lady making a meal.. no bearing on the story....agg.. thats the nice part of borrowing books, you and return instantly... I keep a record ( have for years) of all books I have borrowed ,read ,etc.. by authors name... so at the library I don't get the same one . some Authors have a red dot beside their name. stands for "don't get any more of this guys crap"...

Sharon,, you must have funny smelling air!...I do like to pick a day its both warm and wind is blowing.. we live where there are no outside animals.and no smells of garbage or sewer type smells.. the sun shining at 90 . cooks out all other smells... don't hang anything else much.some of DAvids old jeans.
                I'm a dryer person basically.

Darla. I went to many a game, plays, little kids "concerts".. etc etc because there was a grandkid there!.. .now all I have is youngest Grand is a soccer player...I hate seeing her get knocked down..but I did learn all the rules for soccer.. via Karens children.school team...... when my youngest , Karen, was in school and doing that sort of stuff. my Mom and Dad were Past going to events. Karen was their youngest grandchild and Mom was into dementia by the time she was in highschool.....so I am determined to be at as much of her Events as possible... David's health is going to be somewhat of a problem . BUT.
                I will do my best.. besides ,I love watching the kid.

hey speaking of that gentleman,, he is nagging me... "lets go"... so I will see you all later..

Comment

Good morning...very very late this morning! I laid awake the entire night then at 5:00 got in a nap. I do not know what is going on with my system. Last night's homework was another free for all! AND, I am done. I should not have to be doing homework let alone going through this crap night after night. Tonight is Friday so I do no homework and Monday is a school holiday so I have 4 days off and maybe the headache will go away. I want to yell and scream at that kid then he will pop off some smart remark that I can hardly contain my grin. He is funny and if he would put that energy into just finishing the damn homework!!!!! I am tired of this game.

Since this is friday it is also eat out night. Then we will go back to see if the carhartt youth size coats are out yet. I hope Andrew goes home early tonight so I can go to bed early with a bunch of headache pills. Between allergies and stress I am moving slow. BUT it is friday so his mother screws around extra late and Jon has to work tomorrow. He left this morning for work so am guessing his ankle is better. Haven't seen much of his smiling face except around a meal table the last couple of days.

Still gloomy out so will need a couple of days of sun to be able to finish the painting. I swear this will be done the next time I can string 2 sunny days together. I did blow up when Jon made a crack about not painting in the rain and I pointed out to him that we have been in a drought so he had plenty of days to do it! This crabby old witch needs a vacay!...

As for Sierra she eats and sleeps here...makes mounds of laundry and then flits out to play with her boyfriend and their friends or work or school. She cannot understand that we hate him even more because of this behavior. There I go grinding my teeth again....

So life is not peachy around here and I know part of it is my attitude. I just want all the summer things finished up so we can move into the winter things. I think I will shower so I can iron and bide my time to suppertime. Have a good one all of you!!

Comment

How about Sierra doing her own laundry, Maxie? I know my grandkids were able to do their own laundry since high school. Plus have a household chore or two.
                    I think I've helped my mom with household chores every Saturday since a century before I was born... or so it seemed. I was not released to see any friends until the house was cleaned and sparkling.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                    X