Saturday 9/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday 9/16

Good morning..I am so glad its Saturday even if it is a busy day! I am leaving in a bit to volunteer at a dog park..I don't really know what it is but I want to go and see...so I am being picked up at 8 and will spend the day...Hopefully Cori will settle down while I am gone...She was crazy in the night and this morning put her new favorite toy under my dresser..I got down to get it out and found 5 more

Did I mention that my parents had my security system installed? I think that I am resting better now that I have it...

Good Morning.

Is it Saturday? Everyday is the same to me - except Sunday.

Went to lunch with friends yesterday. Nice to do something different for a change.

Drama over missing prescriptions this morning. Finally found a receipt from a year ago that will let us order a refill. Men!

Well gotta get going. Have a great day!

Comment

Good morning.
      Another nice day ahead, only in the mid-90's.

Yesterday we were busy running several errands. Stupid, crazy drivers on the road, must not know any speed less than 30mph over the speed limit. They scare me.

But every single place we went, we got a parking spot right in front of the entrance! That was nice. Of course they are all handicapped spots, but we have the placard because of my neuropathic feet. Often enough non-handicapped cars take those spots....nobody really monitors them. We were just lucky for a change!

One of the places we stopped at is Costco..... E picked up a new cell phone, and I picked up a few long-sleeve tee shirts for myself.

No plans for today. Household chores will pop up, I'm sure. Probably need to clean out my the fridge today.

Update on GD...she has a new doc. The first one prescribed drugs, but they weren't helping. So over the phone, with no exam, he doubled her doseage and she got worse. That's why she was hospitalized. The new doc corrected her medication, and she's coming around. She's going to be hospitalized a week for observation. I've never dealt with anyone with paranoia, but I sure hope they can fix her up.

Time for my cuppa ☕️.
      Hope you all have a good day.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning.

Have/ had plans to till the garden spot today, and plant it in grass seed. Got the grass seed yesterday while in Vincennes ​, but I'm starting to feel a bit lazy today.

No surgery date yet as they are trying to get the billing situation straightened out. So will get another injection next Thursday. After 5 years of injections, they are getting a little tiring.

Hope all have a good day.

I believe . . .
        that no matter how good a friend is,
        they're going to hurt you every once in a while
        and you must forgive them for that.

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Today's plan is to tidy up my room...when one basically lives in one room it tends to go downhill rather quickly. Of course it doesn't help that the last two times idrove up to CT I brought back more of my stuff that my daughter been storing for me for the last eight years. Talk about reverse roles!

Going to the Laughing Sheep Yarn Shop, to hang out with the Saturday gang to laugh, knit and eat. Yep, the peeps bring bring in food. The store owner has made her shop into a real community. One can go in any day of the week to knit at the big table, and if you need help, just ask. They also have Sunday hours noon to 4. Birthday & and moving away parties and wed nights is a movie and knit night.

Oh, I put a noggie mini update in the topic I started yesterday
          Hey it is I, noggie, nogs, noggins, aka Beverly

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            That shop sounds wonderful!!! I read a book years ago based on a Friday knitting group. It was fiction but sounds like it was based on your shop!
            What city is it in?

Today is paint the porch day!!! Yay!!!!!! Also suppose to be the hottest day we have had in a while. I am going one step at a time. Once the painting is done I will call the carpenter to hang the lattice then the landscaper to seed the yard and plant some shrubs. Since there is no cooperation I am going to be a one man show. The funny thing is my son acts like no one has brought up ever FINISHING the porch yet all you people have heard me complain all summer. Believe me when I say that I do not suffer quietly so he knows..oh he heard.

Well Cards blew a big one to the Cubs yesterday. It was terrible! Get a grip guys and beat those Cubbies, we have post season play on the line here!! Hockey starts in a few weeks and I am so excited. Sierra wants to take her bf to a game since he has never been. Well, there's another thing...how do you love someone who is not into hockey? And there go my teeth grinding again......

Another racial clash in St. Louis over a jury decision. Have you noticed no one has any self control anymore? Take to the streets over everything and damage something or pull your gun and shoot somebody. Too many people have guns and even the supposedly good guys are gun happy. What the hell ever happened to self control and using your intellect? But I could go on and on over that subject. Again, I never suffer quietly.

Time to brush my teeth and put on my paintin' duds. I am planning on going to bed tonight tired, sunburned and with my porch painted! Yahooooooooooooo...

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            our comment on the bf not into hockey reminded me of a son of one of my friends. I mentioned a girl who was always commenting on his facebook posts (they were at college together), and said she was really after him. My friend said, well, that won't happen because for one thing, she has never read one Harry Potter book or seen one of the movies! I thought that was pretty funny, but summed up how big a difference cultural things can be!
            One of my daycare Facebook friends said school was on early dismissal in her area of St L because of the verdict...and she said just what you are saying.

Well, I go tup later today than last Saturday, but it sure felt good. Just taking my time to get dressed and ready for the day. There is a PATH Walk, a local event for the homeless shelter (Poor and the Homeless) that Becky and I are going to. Then there is an event in the city park focusing on recovery that so many of the shelter guests deal with. The men's and the women's transitional houses are for those recovering from homelessness and or addictions. They both have a lot of strict rules to live there and being 100% clean and sober is at the top of their rules. Anyway, one of Becky's good friends is the house manager for the women's house and she is speaking, giving her story of recovery and success. She is older than Becky, but working at the shelter they have become good friends. Anyway, we will stay to listen to her and see what other agencies are giving information. One of my friends is a therapist who works with families and children and she will have a booth, and a local band will be playing as well, so it should be a fun different kind of day.

The weather is Great today! Perfect for walking and being in the park.

After all that I still will need to go shopping. and I really want to go to Costco. Becky has studying to do and that is ok; sometimes I just want to shop on my own and at my own pace. And I sure spend a lot less on my own! And that is still probably more than I should!

Hope you all are having a good day. So thankful for that security system at Beth's!

And, yes, maxie, we are pretty much a gun society. Both my next door neighbors and the ones across the street have guns. I have seen them and they talk about them. They are all really responsible people, so I am not worried and told one, that right after I call 9-1-1 for fhelp iu will be calling on her!
          There is a brand called Girls With Guns that sell camo and such. The two young women that started it are from here and are on some hunting channel, Universal Huntress, I think their show is called. Anyway, my neighbor is their cousin and a major gun proponent. I really like their logo. Their jackets are really cute, too...

Comment

Hey all!!!! It's a sunny warm one here.

Yesterday was a busy one. Baking & more baking. Mom came over about noontime, and after we had grilled cheese & tomato soup for lunch, we got busy and did up the 5 doz ears of corn I was given the day before. I blanched it & cut it off, and my Mom was the bagger. We got done in about an hour.

This morning after delivering the pies, we took Blaise to his soccer game. Afterwards we headed into town to a garage sale and Chinese for lunch. Got Blaise an almost 'new" bike. Once I find my energy, I've got lots of little projects to do around here.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
            X