Guess I stayed away too long...eh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess I stayed away too long...eh?

Everything looks different! Very nice that my old key worked.

I was having issues sleep tonight and got thinking about the good old days on the RT. Oh, I would say around the early 2000s, give or take. About the wild internet parties we had..so wild that we either bogged the RT down or actually crashed it. Did we crashed the board? Or is that a memory that didn't happen? I do have rather fond memories of the pool parties and cabanas boys..then there is the times a few of us ended up somewhere under a table or was that just me? And how the ladies would gang up on Jarhead and I and kept hanging curtains up at the Retreat forum. That was a fine bit of fun! And who's closet was that that several of us used to hang out in, just to get away from it all? I'm thinking it was Jackie's, but I could be wrong. Know that I wrote a poem about it.

What do you remember?
    Last edited by noggie; 09-15-2017, 12:24 AM.
    Hey it is I, noggie, nogs, noggins, aka Beverly

Hi Noggie! Long time no see. Hope to be seeing your posts more often. I miss seeing the gang here.....some are gone permanently, sadly.....others decided to stay with FB or got lost along the way. There were some fun and hilarious times back then.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Welcome back noggie...been a long time! I was actually not much of a participating member back then but do remember someone hosting parties. Are you still on the East Coast? You did move around a bit if I remember correctly....

Comment

Maxie had the big closet

Comment

Where has noggie been hiding at? Besides here, there, yonder?

So (for now) I'm here in Charlottesville, VA. After staying at Innisfree Village for a year and a half as a house parent and a facilitator at the woolery workshop there (BTW that is where I learned to spin) i decided I needed to completely retired myself in order to take care of myself. The volunteer coordinator at Innisfree Village had a friend in Charlottesville that rents an extra bedroom, so here I am. I took the room because I didn't know what/where to do next ...and after 2 years I still don't know. O woe is me! LOL@me.

I'm now Nana to four girls, 14, 6, 5, and 9 months. They live in northern CA with my son and DIL. My oldest daughter stills lives in CT with her husband of 8 years. My youngest daughter lives in southern CA. Her husband died in his sleep last year, at that time they were just married for 9 months. She is doing well now.

Still knitting, now I added spinning to the mix. The local yarn store has sold a few skeins of my yarns. I also make wool dryer balls and sell them. Not writing...lost my writing mojo along the way. Can still write, but it seems I lose the desire? Yada, yada

Hey it is I, noggie, nogs, noggins, aka Beverly

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            I live in northern CA, Red Bluff.
        Working...
        X