Sunday, 8/20/2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, 8/20/2017

Good morning! Where is everyone today?????

We're having a cloudy start today, and possibly rain sometime today as well.
    Odd thing, the weather app says no rain tomorrow, but the newspaper says it will rain. What's with that?
    In any case it'll be somewhat cloudy and I'm afraid it won't be good viewing for the eclipse. But it'll be on NOVA on TV.

Nothing of note going on here.

Have a relaxing day.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Oh yes, Jo, totally agree with your funny!
    Yesterday we started to Redding to shop at Macy's and got 7 miles out of town and Turned around! Like almost in a panic kind of turned around. bumper to bumper with people all of a sudden hitting their brakes and the car behind us not looking and almost hitting us and more traffic than I can Ever remember here!
    Eclipse traffic! And because of it, two accidents about 20 miles up the road. One friend said it all came to a complete stop for awhile. And add to that the smoke was bad enough that Becky took her inhaler with us. There is a fire northeast of us and the wind was blowing the smoke down here. In the morning at 8:30 on my way to my appointment the sky looked pretty good. I still could not see Mt. Shasta, but our town was clear. at 10:00 when I went grocery shopping I noticed the haze was over Red Bluff and I couldn't even see the foothills! By 12:00 when we left you could smell the smoke...
    I decided not to wash the car until today or tomorrow hoping that the air will clear and it will stay clean awhile.
    So we did online shopping instead and I found a cute top from Old Navy so it worked out well enough. Except for the stress on the road. When I got gas there were two other vehicles next to us who started talking to each other and both were on their way to Oregon. Oregon friends were complaining about the people coming into their town and the fact that gas prices had risen two days in a row! At least, in Oregon, they pump your gas for you!
    I took my mother to get pedicures at the end of the day. I love having fresh polish and shorter toes and the pampering that goes with it.
    So, on today's agenda is church and then fixing up the solar sunglasses I bought yesterday for daycare. NOT to look at the eclipse, but to celebrate the day. Just fun for them . On Friday we looked out the window at three different hours to note how bright it was and tomorrow we will compare at the same times to see how much darker it will be. I also got glow stick glasses for them to wear as the room gets darker and hopefully I can get pictures that show up...
    Nothing exciting going on in the kitchen: I bought totally healthy stuff for salads and grilling meat.
    yes, Maxie, all of my kids grew out of their choices,,,,eventually. I sure held my breath for awhile with the girls. Some memories of those days make me smile and others make me say Whew: dodged a bullet with that one!
    Hope you all have a great Eclipse Eve and your skies stay clear so we all can say we saw the light, er, darkness...well, you know what I mean!

Comment

Good Morning!

Yesterday was good. Got most of the pies baked before it was time to deliver the other pies to the stand. I took 24 and there were 6 or 7 leftover from the day before, and when I went back at noontime to pick up peaches, there were only 6 left. WOW! This morning there was only 1 left.

After the drop off, we went to a couple local garage sales. At the one I picked up a couple little items, but the next one we spent big bucks. The first big purchase was a yard trailer for the tractor. I picked up a few other little items and Cork picked up a few tools. At 2pm everything was 50% off, and we had our eyes on a few items. All but one item was left, so I got Blaise a dresser for his room, and Corky got many more tools. He was like a kid at Christmas. His eyes actually twinkled. Funny thing....there is a small upright freezer there and even at half price, it was too much. Next weekend they are having the sale again, and I'm going to see if I can get them to come down even more. I'll give them $50 for it. Just what I need....a 4th freezer. LOL!

Came home and baked off the apple pies. We went swimming for a while before the storm rolled in. We must have gotten at least and inch or more of rain, which our pool really needed. Kathy and a couple of her friends came out to go swimming, but just when they pulled in the driveway, the skies let go. No swimming for them. Cooked a nice summer meal. Love corn on the cob and they had the first of the fresh small red potatoes....had them with butter & parsley. YUM!!!!

This morning was church & SS. Delivered the pies. There was a lady there looking at every single peach pie looking for one that the crust wasn't too brown for her liking. She FINALLY found one that only had a tiny spot of overly brown in her estimation. I told her that I got in trouble a couple years ago when I made sure the crusts weren't too brown, and the bottoms were gummy (under cooked), so I can't do it both ways.

My brother & SIL are coming for a swim on their way home from church & lunch. I'm going there later to play cards. I made up a lasagna for dinner and a fresh peach pie for dessert. Not sure what the rest of my day will hold.

Have a good one all!

BTW Jo.....there is a 50/50 chance on that rain if you combine the two forecasts!

Comment

Good Afternoon! We are heading our shortly for Andrew's birthday party. His mother insisted we do this for both families although it is just Jon, Sierra and me going. Scott is working and we never include cousins etc for birthdays unless they are milestones. I told Jon to bring his checkbook because he may be stuck with half the bill since she insisted we be there. Jon says we are leaving early since we have a 40 minute drive and then he doesn't know where it is. We never use gps around here until we are stranded alongside of the road with no gas. It is a guy thing in this family! We did not go to the balloon glow last night. Andrew's mother went and took a bunch of family with her and Sierra got called into work. Since we were going to do it as a family thing we just decided to stay home and avoid the traffic. I stayed in and watch at Star Trek movie I had not see an...one of the remakes with a young Kirk. Tomorrow is Andrew's actual birthday so I ordered an ice cream pizza from Dairy Queen and we will give him our gifts then. Think I will make meatballs with noodles since I should have enough meatballs made up. Then of course the eclipse is big around here for tomorrow. Scott says the traffic is already horrible in his little town which is in the total path. Got nothing much to say....just a slow moving day to be climaxed with a piece of pizza and a cupcake..I hate this theme parties..food is not very good and we may stop on the way home for a bite.

Comment

Good afternoon, not sure where the morning went. Funny but I thought I would miss the total part of the eclipse by moving up here but seems I'm still in that path. Candie ordered glasses from Amazon and I'm going to do the pinhole thing since there should be three of us and one pair of glasses. Have orders to keep Molly indoors during it.

Donna yes things are a bit calmer here but then it's just me and the dog all day and I do miss the little ones.

Comment

Cookie, thanks! My DD says we'll get a 52% sighting in our zip code, she'll get a 98% sighting in WA. With our uncertainty, I'll just plan on the NOVA broadcast, the entire thing. Ain't technology great?!! 😄

Maxie, is that woman the Queen of Cheap?!!!
            A slice of pizza and cupcake is NOT a decent meal. I'd go elsewhere, too. I quit going to the great grandkids' Chucky Cheese parties. There were no cupcakes, the slice of pizza was rather yukky, and the joint is so noisy my head hurts. I call it Upchuck Cheese pizza place.

Darla, yes those glasses are expensive for the few minutes the eclipse will last. I hope they come in a case to store them in til the next eclipse. 😎
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
            X