Good morning trying to stay quiet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning trying to stay quiet

Good morning...sneaking out the door quietly to go chase a balloon.

Last night was awesome! This morning the weather seems perfect for another flight. Tonight we will glow...pictures to come.

Good Morning! I'm not going to be so quiet.....RISE & SHINE!!!!!

Yesterday was good. I made & baked a lot of pies yesterday. I love this prepped stuff. I've been filling the shells and stacking them in the refrig (a new use for my 10" pie pans), so the next morning I can immediately start baking. I have delayed start on my stove, so the oven is already pre-heated when I get up. Perfect! Yesterday I had all the prepared pies in the refrig by dinner time, so the evening was mine.

Blaise & I did take a couple breaks. At one point we went over to Aunt J's to drop off a few things and had a nice visit. Came home, had lunch, and then went down to the pool for a nice swim. Had a bunch of texts going back & forth btw my SIL and Becca, so plans are made for Sunday & Monday. I made up the lasagna for Sunday's dinner & cards @ my SIL. Kind of our farewell to my 2 nieces who will be heading to college next week. One is going to be a freshman and the other a senior, both at the same college.

I've got the pies baking already. Hope to have all in & baking by the time I got to the stand to deliver today's pies. Praying for a good day. We are then heading out to go to a couple garage sales. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring. The house could use a good cleaning. I don't have to make a single pie or filling today or tomorrow if I don't want to. Nice!

Have fun Bethina & Maxie!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning everyone..

I had two chatty kittys early this morning..I need another cup of coffee..And donut too..

and have all my chores done too...We are having leftovers...
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good morning,

going to be a longggg day . woke ,bathroom, 3am.. never did get back to sleep.. just laid in bed and let the brain go around in circles ... finally heard David up. ..Mark showed up for Sat morn visit. at 6. headed for the shower. from there to here, and its not even 7.30..
        no big plans for the day.. but can always find something that needs done.. some sewing items been waiting on me.. and I know all the fall slacks are going to need hemmed. I:m still shrinking.. under 5 foot now.
        I still have hopes of losing another couple lbs.. so might not need to hem then pants. . just go buy couple pr of new ones.
        my knees really like the new skinnier version of me.. they are beginning to hurt more.and climbing steps are something I do very carefully.

David still has his problem... but the pain pills he takes for his back is keeping him settled enough.can't get the cat scan until next Friday..if he has a kidney stone maybe it will "pass". before then.. I hope.. he hates hospitals.

Hi Sassygirl...cats do make you understand their Talk don't they... I know our KatieKat does..
        glad to hear your day will be a bit slower. and the Cottage cheese bread is delicious Donna.. happy yard selling
        Bethina,, I am afraid of heights. so balloon flights are not for me..but they look like so much fun ..darn.

JoG..how are you this morning
        Paula , you don't have any kids Saturdays do you?.. I hope not..

mark is here .. gotta go..see you later

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Maye,They sure do...They have that look too...Like Puss in Boots..

No flight..storms came in just as we were on the way to meet our pilot.going to nap now

Comment

Good morning. Stress test yesterday came back fine, nurse called said she wanted to give me some good news so I won't worry all weekend. The other test and bloodwork aren't in yet. Do have to keep taking my blood thinner even though AFIB didn't show yesterday, nurse said that it can come and go.

Comment

• cookielady
            cookielady commented
            Editing a comment
            Wonderful news! Life seems calmer now. Yes?

Good morning!
          It should be partly cloudy today, and I do see clouds in the sky although the sun isn't quite up yet.....or not over the mountains yet, but the clouds are heaviest over the mountains. I checked the forecast and it's not updated yet. But no rain expected til Monday (and only 20% chance at that).

Donna, you're so organized! Your baking output is just amazing!

Beth, I'm another person who couldn't take a balloon ride. Our DD in Albequerque has a home right along the path of balloon flights. Last time we visited her, the balloon riders were waving down to us as the passed overhead, and we waved back. I like seeing the different balloon shapes and designs, but after that I've lost interest. Mr Peanut is among my favorites.

Hi Maye, I'm doing good. E is getting better. I had a talk with him about when I get hit with those chills. When it happens, I think only of getting warm and napping, and all other thoughts are gone. So he will have to take my temperature immediately and give my doctor a call at the Cancer Center, so he can figure out what's going on. When it hits me, I'm totally useless for at least 24 hours.
          I can pretty much relate to the knees problem. Mine are weak, and stairs are a problem. Not everyone's stairs have a bannister to rely on. Some of the stores have new-sized Petite/Short pants. I found the length is good, but there's about 4" of extra crotch space...in others, it seems like Short was attached to Petite just because they don't know that they ought not be considered the same....it's the cut in the legs that doesn't feel right. I took it to a tailor and asked if she'd "hem" it from the crotch seam, but she says no. We don't seem to have seamstresses here that understand pattern fixings. The Gloria Vanderbilt brand has separate Short and Petites sizes in jeans, but I'm not finding any slacks in that brand.

We got an invitation to a niece's wedding, near the end of October. Sounds like a C&W themed affair. So well make an appearance, and not stay too long if it is. I wonder if the guy intends to adopt her 3 kids..... only 1 of them is his. But that's today's society.

Nothing else new here.
          Have a satisfying Saturday. ☀️

That's great news, Darla.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good News Darla and Jo hope they find a solution to your health problem soon...that type of cold chill goes right to your bone I am sure. Sun is shining here Beth so should be a go for tonight's balloon glow. Andrew's mother and his aunt have decided to go so we will meet them there. Drew will have his cousin to run with and it will certainly save me money at the food trucks! Yesterday Andrew's bus was 30 minutes late but it was the first day and we had received a call the night before that it would be an adjustment period. He came off the bus groggy and said they just took to long at every stop...new driver! But once he got home he was wide awake and both kids were clamoring for food. We always eat around 4:00 once school is in session or may wait for an hour if Sierra has class but last night they were hungry! When I turned with a bowl there was a kid to take it to the table. They ate too! We treated some little boys poison ivy and off they went to play games all evening. And cookie, you were right...no homework yesterday and probably none Monday with the eclipse excitement. Sure hope it is sunny for viewing. Carpenter called about the replacement boards on the porch deck so he has not forgotten us. Just wish it was painted!! This has been an ordeal from day one. Another thing to try my waning patience. Ladies I have been buying my jeans from Christopher Banks for the last couple of years and finally found a fit that is comfortable. I wear the short length and this year am trying the new tapered leg. I hate the baggy legs just because I need a little extra around the middle. Guess I am a throw back to the old days when the skinny girls bought boy jeans because they were snugger. I can also say a little something about bell bottoms but they should gladly be left in the past. My sister has been buying their short dress slacks because of the fit. I have not shrunk lengthwise but have gained a little width wise. My shoe size is the exact same as when I wore high heels to work. Phew, glad those days are done...heels are why we all have foot problems in our old age! Anyway, try the Christopher Banks brand in pants. So guess we do not have to leave early today except to get a place to set up our chairs and save a spot for Andrew's family. Supper is the food truck for us. I do not go up in balloons because I have a slight reaction to height and how would that look if I was clinging to a ten year old for protection? Sierra is joining us but this boy crap is getting old and I am delighted he is working tonight...my teeth are getting ground down to stubs! Did my dad react this bad when my husband was coming around? Probably because now that I look back he did have a few quirks that made my teeth itch. But you know I would have liked to have spent a few retirement years with him, oh well, some things you never stop missing I guess and it has been 20 years since he is gone. Think I have told you everything in my life and by the length of this post I went into great detail. Fingers do get carried away and maybe my mood is lifting. Maybe I just needed a little structure back. AND we read last night without a bit of problem. He went through his books and picked one out and one he set aside and said this one you can read to me later. Sierra said when they were playing games he was reading the cards and she says when she corrected him he accepted it and repeated. I am still amazed at the words he does know and understand and the simple ones he stumbles over. Oh well, another school year has begun. Hope that bus driver figures it out quickly or I will need another car book sooner than anticipated!!

Comment

Good morning! I am off to an appointment in a bit.
              No, Maye, I keep my weekends (and evenings on the week days) for myself. I do just the M-F daytime daycare. And I am pretty picky about the hours that I call Day!
              After my facial appointment I will do the grocery shopping and then off to Macy's in Redding for Becky. I always say I am not shopping for me, but usually end up finding something. Especially if I go looking...
              Maxie, we times with both of our boys that I held my breath about the girlfriends they had. Nice enough girls, but life styles that were not what our boys were raised with. I mean,one girl was so wealthy and I just knew with Stuart going into teaching that would be a hard challenge...when he and a friend went down to Southern Ca to visit her and her sister (all met at the same church college) the dad asked Stuart if his new car leaked oil! Stuart said not that he had ever seen. The dad told him he would prefer him to park on the street anyway...That was an indication to me that this was not going to be a good fit. Call me crazy, but I thought if all this guy sees is a possible oil spill on his driveway when he looks at my son, it isn't going to work. This family lived in a house that I thought was an apartment building when I saw pictures! They had someone come in every month (!) to change out decorative pieces! (I had the same cute country decorations out form the whole decade! Anyway, he met Jenni the next semester and she was raised on a budget and great for a teacher salary and the rest is history. What I really meant to say at the beginning of this is like you, maxie, I bit my tongue and so did Gary and never said a word aobut what we thought. A just held my breath and then let it out in a huge sigh of relief when it all worked itself out...
              so sorry for all the talking about this.
              Yesterday was a big walk down memory lane for me and the great memories of our wedding all the years after just keep[ coming!
              Hope you all are making great memories today! Even in the cleaning and chores we do

Comment

• maxie
                maxie commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Paula..so they do wise up and make a better choice is what you are telling me? Gives me something to look forward to!
            Working...
            X