X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aug. 15. tuesday

Good foggy morning to you all

really hazy outside., sunshine soon I hope

I am going to Donna's in a little bit to make Grease Balls. and chat with her and helper Sue.. leave David here to snooze. and hope he behaves himself... he wasn't feeling good last night. so I never know what each day will bring

Got the laundry all caught up yesterday.. and clean up carpet with a sweeper bag full of Cat Hair..from the long weekend..
    At least ,Kadie Kat was not upset with us.. just glad to have "her people " home.

best get moving, will be back to read all posts! hope to see you here
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Good morning...it was apprently the piece that proctects the first part of the implant as it heals that fell out...The dentist took total blame..said he didn't screw it in tight enough the first time...wanted it come out easier....oh well its fixed...also got my partial fixed and its actaually half way comfortable now...just need to adjust to having a mouth full..

Work today...errands and lunch out...this evening I am helping build bunk beds for the less fortunate...then we will deliver the set we built to the family chosen to receive it.

Comment

Good Morning, a beautiful sun shiny one here...but feel a bit humid...

Maye enjoy your time with the ladies, I am sure you will, wish I could join in...sure hope David is feeling better today...isn't it amazing how much cat hair we sweep up? Love this Shark vacuum cleaner, picks up a whole lot better than the really expensive ones I have had and it can be used on all types of carpet.

Bethina, glad the trip to the dentist went well, I could never get use to my partial so I just gave it up, like hubby said $500 down the drain, can't help it no matter what they did I have a terrible gag reflex and that is what it did to me...someone once suggested finding another dentist to do it, well after wasting the first $500 didn't want to try it again..

Not much planned today, I have a pound cake baking now only in a 9 x 13 pan, making an orange dreamsicle cake, its all Pat's fault she keeps posted recipes and things she cooks on her Facebook page, LOL....

Yesterday got all my pokes in, ate the cheese peanut crackers I took with me, drank some water and took my morning meds, had to take it all with me until after I had my blood work..
      Hubby used his power washer for the first time since I bought it for him, now hope we get enough good days so he can stain the deck again...first time didn't work well to much chipping off...He never listens to me, I said it was still to damp to stain first time, he disagreed, now this time he is at least going to wait...why don't men read directions? yesterday he was harping because the wash box on the washer wasn't staying on, ranting and raving from my angle I could clearly see that he was no putting it where it belonged, I told him how and where to put it, he disagreed but later I see he did it and now it stays on, LOL....MEN!!

Well time for cake to come out of oven, have a great day one and all.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good cloudy morning. This little dog and I are going to have war, got up this morning and she had gotten my shoes off the chair and chewed the back of one up. Thankfully Candie had a pair that fits me since I have an appointment with the heart doctor this morning. Then she kept wanting to play rough when I was trying to take her off her tie out to let her in. Had to get firm with her so she would settle down to let me to unhook her. She has now gotten behind me on the back of the couch loving on me.
        We'll need to get off here so everyone have a great day.

Comment

Good morning! Time for me to get my head into the daycare new routine with preschool the #1 priority. the ones still here have to feel as important as the ones who just left for Big School...And the new baby will be here for an hour or so while Mom goes to her appointment to get cleared to go back to work. She took a new position as the chief business officer at another school district so does not have a long maternity leave...
          We have a few days of under 100* then the end of the week will be up in the low 100's. It feels so good to go outside and not have the super hot temperatures bearing down on us.
          Hope you all enjoy your day and the people you share it with!

Comment

Good morning.
            This morning I'm seeing some dark clouds, but with only 10% chance of rain today I expect that it'll turn out to be just another sunny, hot day. With high the monsoon humidity.
            E managed to get the trash taken out, and the bins put at curbside last night. Before long I should be hearing those big trucks picking it up.
            E's doing pretty good, all considered, and his arm in a sling. Yesterday we dropped off his prescriptions then did a bit of grocery shopping. Went home and realized we'd forgotten to pick up the prescriptions. Two pain killers. But he had to prove he could drive, so I insisted on going with him in case he decided otherwise. He did good. All considered. Needed help with his seat belt, mostly. But I don't like the idea of him driving while on those Med's. You know?
            On the other hand, okay I do hate driving....too many crazies on the road. Then with E in the car, he's telling me which lane to be in (he's not always right...duh!), which was the better exit from the parking lot (there wasn't enough traffic to make a difference), and crap like that. I'd let one car exit ahead of me, which was a sin of some kind? Duh...I'm the stupid courteous driver, and three seconds of slowing down doesn't matter one whit. Men!!!

Today's agenda is to get to his doctor's appointment this afternoon, then later to a restaurant for dinner with his friend. (If the guy doesn't cancel like he did the last 4 times or so.). I need cake! Unfortunately the chosen restaurant doesn't offer any desserts I like....well, the strawberry laden beignets would be if they weren't triple sized on start with. 😝

Lisa, I'm sure Tex will feel a lot better after his gallstone surgery. It's become pretty routine, so it should go quickly and well for him.

Have a great day!
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Had a rough night sleeping so am here late this morning. Just one of those nights where you lay awake all night. Again another day of not feeling like doing anything...might help to get my days and nights rearranged! Evidently we are going to Andrews birthday party Sunday, hosted by his mother at a trampoline place where we will receive a piece of pizza and a cupcake and mingle with her side of the family. I know, you are all saying sounds like a wonderful evening but you must remember my antisocial side..this will be a chore. Saturday is the balloon glow which we look forward to and friday is the first day of school. Did I just do that in reverse order? How strange! Sharon men never listen and never read directions. it truly is a guy thing. Beth glad you got your problem fixed and your plate in. Paula wish summer would return here for a while but then I also wish we had some rain and not seeing that in the forecast either. Sounds like an enjoyable morning Maye...making grease balls may be a new type of therapy...Donna you should advertise as therapy sessions! Need to something constructive today..at least get dressed this morning. Happy day everyone..sleep tight Lisa!

Comment

Maxine are you coming to Centralia Illinois for balloon glow??

I will be there helping with one of the balloons

Comment

• maxie
                  maxie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No Beth, this is Staunton's Second Annual Balloon Glow. I read in the local paper they were advertising for volunteers to help...looks like a lot of work to me!

Hey all!!!! Suppose to be a pretty summer week here.

Yesterday was super productive, and I even squeezed in a nap. Blaise & I went down to the pool. I was lounging in one of the floating seats, when Blaise yelled SPIDER!!! The stupid thing walked across the water & up onto one of the noodles. That was the end of our pool time. I just didn't have much energy left, and I wanted to mix up some cookie dough. Well about 9:30 I got a text from a customer asking for pie & cookies. So I found the energy/motivation to mix up 5 kinds of cookies.

This morning I baked pies. Sue came and kept me on the straight & narrow, and Aunt J scooped grease balls. I had to leave a bit before 11am to go help at the school. We were preparing folders for the first day of school. You know....those stupid papers you have to fill out every year. Now to find my energy and get some cookies baked. I have to do the German Choc ones first because that's what the lady ordered along with a pie, which is already baked.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
                X