Sunday morning and it is almost mid August already

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday morning and it is almost mid August already

It is true once you get older and slower time moves faster.

I did spend the day being totally lazy yesterday, watched many episodes of Switched at Birth on Netflix and also caught up with a few other shows. BUT then hubby brought in some tomatoes and green beans from the garden....made 3 pints of tomato juice and broke up the green beans, will blanche them and put in freezer bag this morning..and I did cook supper...so I guess not total laziness..

Hoping today I get a burst of energy back...The weather is perfect for a fire in the firepit maybe cook over the open fire or something but the mosquitos have been awful I have bites everywhere from just 20 mins. out in the garden last week. Thinking about fixing some breakfast this morning, so going to get started...

Good seeing Lisa here this morning, hoping more can find the link for the RT and drop in for a visit..

Have a good day one and all..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good morning...Yesterday was a very lazy day for me...Sat and watched tv most of the day....I did help with the goats...

Today I am makining a blanket and maybe taking a walk.

Comment

Good morning.
      It rained overnight.....yay! Weeds are coming up everywhere.....Boo! Wild flowers are blooming in parks and open spaces....yay! Maybe we can go see hem one day soon.
      It's still cloudy this morning, humidity at 99%. Still a slight chance of more rain.

No real plans for today. I already started some laundry.
      Nothing new happening here.

Hope you all have a great day! 😄
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

No rain again here...we have missed every drop of rain that has fallen and are bone dry around here! But the weeds seem to be enjoying the lack of moisture. Yesterday I did fix supper and ran the vacuum. Then settled in for an evening of baseball...those Cardinals are hot! Jon is working today and Sierra is off to visit her cousins and then to spend the rest of the day with her bf. Young love is nauseating! Were we this stupid? I guess so..just cannot remember. Going to be a boring day of laundry and ironing so in no hurry to start it. Think I'll sit around in my jams and have another cup of coffee and watch the Sunday morning news shows. Always something to jolt me wide awake in that!

Comment

Saw on Facebook that Pat had made home fries, she is such an "enabler" so she planted the seed and I went the rest of the way....Love Country Biscuit from Bob Evans but decided to make my own at home... 20729667_10213418217027648_1787299338210463253_n.jpg
          Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            That looks better than anything on any menu I have seen lately!

Good Morning, no plans for todsy. Molly must not have been ready for me to get up this morning, she laid down in the middle of the doorway and looked sad when I went around her, told her mommy was still in bed to curl up with her. We'll guess I will go find me something to eat. Have a wonderful day everyone

Comment

Those biscuits and gravy that you and Pat made sure look good, Sharon!
            My computer tech told me to try and shut the computer off (had to hold down the button to do it) for 20 minutes and then turn it back on and let it sit for 20 minutes before doing anything and Hurray! All the icons came back and it is working for awhile longer. I just did not want to buy a new computer right now.
            The beginning of the semester can have some surprises (grant money can be slow in showing up) and If needed, I need money to fill in while the state takes their time. Last semester Becky paid for parking, but never used it because by the time she got there (early) there were still no parking places that were easy enough for her to use...or find. So, she opted to pay for a city lot about three blocks away from campus at about 2.50 per day. She doesn't like the tight, small spaces at the college parking structure and since she is driving my car I would rather not have her stressed over parking...so, she will use the city lot again and not pay for a school parking pass, just one to go on campus when she needs to. that will save some money. And having classes only 2 days a week was going to save money, but getting a tutoring job may change that up. Once the scholarship and grant money shows up it won't be a problem. Just waiting on the release of funds...then our big gas tax starts in October. Maxie, just wait till you hear me on that subject! Between having to pay for bags at the grocery store and now the gas tax, I am like: Who voted for this guy!!!???
            Nice start to my Sunday, right?
            I had a great visit with my friend in the hospital. She had been so bad when she was admitted that I was very worried. Things can get bad with her fast. I can't spell it, hardly can say it. She has gastropareosis...totally not the spelling. Her stomach does not work. She has tube feeding which stopped working and then the tube got infected...She has a pacemaker device in her stomach to try and make things work, but it just isn't right now. However, she sounded better and her color was better when I went in yesterday afternoon. I thought I would be there a little bit but ended up being there 1 1/2 hours. She felt ok to talk and needed the visit.
            Today is church and then we have friends over to dinner. I am making Hawaiian Haystacks. I also have fruit form the Farmer's Market I will have on a tray. I don't want to cut up all of it, but will make up a fruit salad. The owner of the stand I always buy at gave me a lot of grapes, besides the pluots and melons I bought. The pluots are from three different plums crossed with apricots. Soon my favorite yellow plums will be available. Sweet as candy!
            I went to the shelter yard sale (I know I donated so much to it, but had to go check it out). I got canisters and tins for donating cookies, a great baby seat for the new baby who is coming, some old books for decorating, and a photo album. It is one of those handmade kinds people did back in the day, quilted and embellished with flowers and lace...well, it had pictures of our teenage church girls! I recognized a few and have no idea how it got donated, but the girls I knew are the same age as my oldest son, Spencer. The yard sale did so well, they are carrying it over to tady. The first day, Friday, they had d some prices. Yesterday, they just said taking donations and today jit will be bags for a donation. there were tables of jeans and good clothing for people who look through it.
            You culd find all the housewares you need, along with furniture...there was a couch I would have taken if I was still into blue flowers on a cream background!
            Not dirty at all; I can imagine it being from someone's grandma who didn't use it much...
            I better stop now. I still have some rollers in the top of my hair and need makeup and some church clothes to be presentable!
            Take it easy and enjoy this beautiful day!

Comment

Oh what fun! NOT!

This morning E fell in the backyard, apparently slipping on a stone. Looks like he may have broken his wrist.
              Took him to urgent care, after a couple of hours there they said to go to the hospital ER.
              NOTE: this is my first time driving in over 2 years! But he certainly can't.
              I parked the car and came into the ER. He's not here. The nurse said ""He's here. somewhere. Maybe in the bathroom!" So I waited. And waited. Do I went to the desk and asked the OTHER nurse to please check.
              She said "He's being seen. Upstairs. The room has only chairs. No room for anyone but patients. Check back with me later."
              I hope we don't have to drive home in the dark. I can't see well for driving at night.

More tomorrow.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• LisaUK
                LisaUK commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh goodness!! I feel for you both!

• boffler
                boffler commented
                Editing a comment
                JoG, just now getting time and back here to read and catch up, so sorry about E. Will check morning news to see how things went and how your driving skills were..

Hello Everyone!

Yesterday was super busy. I got 18 pies baked & cooling by 9;30am, so we then went to deliver the ordered pies to the stand. We then went to several yard sales, then WM, then out for Chinese. Stocked up on some more flour & sugar since Aldi's is right beside the restaurant. Then home to bake, bake, and bake some more. Ended up baking 32 pies. Lew called and some people were asking for apple pies, so I ran down the 4 I had made for today. So besides baking an add'l 4 pies, I had to bake 8 large pies for the car show and 5 other pies. I was beat by the end of the day, but I had to slice up & package the 8 large pies and 12 doz ladylock into 1/2 doz containers.

This morning we went to church, then EVENTUALLY met up with Kathy because she was having Blaise for the day. When she was SUPPOSE to be at Sheetz, I called her....she had fallen back to sleep. We then drove about another 10 minutes and she finally met us at WM. Ding Dong!

Came home, delivered the pies to the stand, came home & reloaded the car. I sold almost all my pie slices & ladylocks. After I cleaned up, I went down to the stand, and she's going to sell the remaining slices & ladylocks. Normally I don't bake anything for them for Monday's, so this is a bonus for them. Now to go pick up Blaise. She was SUPPOSE to bring him back, but there is always a reason.

See ya tomorrow!

Comment

Thanks, Lisa.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                X