Aug 11th Mornin' All!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aug 11th Mornin' All!

Hey! How ya all doin'? We got some welcome rain during the evening, which was perfect timing as far as I'm concerned.

Yesterday was another busy one, but good. Made up a bunch of fruit fillings and even pealed a bunch of apples and froze them so they are ready to be put in a pie. Blaise lost his 4th tooth in the front, so now he can put his tongue through the hole. We played several rounds of Break The Ice...the game he got at the garage sale a few days ago. More laundry....I swear it's part rabbit and they multiply fast. Got it all washed and put away. The putting away part is sometimes just as painful as the sorting & washing part.

Had a relaxing evening watching a show or two, and drying the glasses that I ran thru the dishwasher to get clean. When sorting glasses, we check to see how clean they are. There are way more dirty than clean. Some people should be embarrassed to hand in the glasses they do. Some are so disgusting that I just pitch them.

This morning is more pie making & baking. Sue is coming and we'll do up the peaches I've got into filling. I do need to take a break around noontime, and go to the bank. Need to make a deposit and get change for Sunday at the car show. Later this afternoon I'm going to my Aunt P's and we are going to play cards & have dinner together. My Mom and her daughter L are also coming. L has never played the game, so we are going to teach her.

Have a good one all!

Good morning...Got my lower partial yesterday afternoon. Feels so strange to have teeth. Feels like I have mouth full of something...hard to chew....defenatly need to get used to them....debating on if I need to go back for a fitting they feel really loose.

Work today...volunteering this afternoon...

Slumber party tonight with my nieces...we are going to order pizza and watch netflixs and play with the goats....tomorrow we are going to watch netflix and play with the goats....My sister and her hubby are going to a bed and breakfast with his brother and his wife for the evening and then hanging out tomorrow.

Comment

Good morning.
      I woke about 4:30 this morning. It's still dark out as I'm typing this.

Yesterday my oncologist appointment went well. I know I looked like heck, as I couldn't disguise the redness around my eyes....allergy effects. My red blood cells are down, so I'm slightly anemic again. My A1C level normally runs slightly high, which puts me at the borderline of pre-diabetic. But except for the anemia (if I keep losing energy I need to call him immediately to set up blood transfusion), everything else is staying at my "normal" levels.

Today E wants to go see some movie, so that's what we'll do. I forgot what he said it is, but it's a long movie so he wants to see if the theaters with reclining seats are running it.

We did have rain yesterday. Seemed like more than it actually was, as the winds were fairly strong. The forecasts have changed overnight, so now we've got temperatures under 100° and chance of rain only 20% now through Wednesday.
      At least it's going to be cooler for a bit. But since we've had the rain, I've been feeling a lot better. Funny how weather can affect people.

Beth, yes it takes a while to get used to partials or dentures. But it'll happen.

Cookie, I never thought of laundry being like rabbits! It sure seems that way, though. 🤣

Have a great day, everybody!
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning!

Pie! Pie! Wish I had a pie!

Nothing of consequence here, except cleaning and clearing out, and a LOT of it. John has an entire closet of clothes he wore outdoors, and they are no longer used, so I have pitched some and am looking for someone interested in the others (and small enough).

Trip to town for some odds and ends and a haircut for John. I really need to get a set of clippers and learn to do it myself. Would be cheaper and a lot less trouble.

Hope everyone has a good Friday.

Comment

Good morning everyone...

Rise and shine...

I was working on my toilet..They did not put seal around the toilet..So i found Gorilla Glue....And put all round and thick....Now...No leak..Now it have to dry of..I am not calling service call..

We wear to many hats to day..lol...

Comment

Good morning and Finally Friday! It isn't that the week has gone long but that it has had its share of excitement and stress and I am just ready for a day of rest. It won't be today or tomorrow, though. today is my mother's birthday. She is 85 and I will be making a cake for her. We are taking her out to her favorite restaurant tomorrow and Becky is taking her to Applebee's today for lunch. Also, she is taking her a really cute little cake to have today and we will have the cake I am making tomorrow, because Becky is one of the ones in charge of the yard sale that goes from 8-8 today and thankfully, my mom understands.
            When I went swimming this morning the water was a bit cooler when I first got in, but perfect for swimming. pretty soon I won't be swimming until after daycare as the temps cool off and the water cools.
            I better get going. I have a list to start on before the kids get here. Starting next Wednesday I have a toddler who will be getting here at 6:45! Parents are splitting up and the mom has to be at work at 7:00. I will have to work out my RT time because I don't like doing it on my ipad because the keyboard doesn't show...what do they call that? First World problems????
            I went to the Fall decorating class last night and it was just wonderful. I turned off the sound on my phone, and just enjoyed watching the designer/owner Kate put together wreaths, arrangements and tablescapes of fall foliage. Of course, I bought a few things to spruce things up at home, too!
            Hope you all have a great day! that rain sounds good and after the yard sale I will be looking forward to some here!

Comment

Good Morning, a fast paced one already, today is trash day and I got up early so I could clean out the pantry and look for things outdated and get rid of them, did it for the small freezer in bottom of fridge also, then proceeded to the garage freezers and fridge. Then it was on to clean out both litter boxes and put it in the trash...I love the new kitty litter called 'Slide" a whole lot less litter on the floor in front of the boxes and the boxes are easier to clean also.. I order all my food and litter from chewy.com I have it set up for automatic deliveries and no shipping charges.

Well hubby is going on his first showing today, wishing him well, they have an app on their phones so they can open doors without the keys...so much new technology...

Well off to fix some breakfast...have a good day one and all.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning! A little behind time this morning but I have an excuse since I 'out' for the evening. Had a wonderful visit with my friend and we caught up on all the summers happenings. I just love that we can sit down and start in like we were just together the night before. The waiter left us alone and since they were so busy I think he may have forgotten us! but that was fine. Came home in time to see the Cardinals beat the Royals in 4 straight and we are now in second place one game behind the Cubs. Jon said he met Andrew's teachers for this coming school year so guess it is getting close. It has rained all around us and am not sure if we got any last night. We are very dry and I think no one has been watering my plants this week. I have never thought of laundry as rabbits but you may have something there. Where does it come from? Sierra has her work clothes but that is all the extra laundry I should have. I do know I have ironing to do so that may be today's chore. Should also cook something and the store list is a mile long. Maybe Jon and I will run out this evening...feeding this family should entirely be on my dime and that is not my handwriting on the list! In fact there are snack things on there that I have no idea what they are. Need to unload the dishwasher so I can fill it with the load sitting in the sink. I am beginning to feel put upon with this family. Ever notice that if once you do a chore it automatically becomes yours for ever? Sierra is coming in nightly and complaining about work. I think she is finally growing up and is sick of working with these kids. She even said she was sick of acting like their mother and having to tell them every little thing to do...evidently she thinks kids are immature and lack a respect for authority. No kidding! Now if she would just grow up while living here......and stop putting those things I don;t know what they are on my store list. What is mashed potato cup? When Jon was a teenage I bought instant potatoes just for him to makeup as a snack...kid loved instant potatoes and I will be willing to bet a box on instant mashed potatoes does not compare in price to whatever a mashed potato cup is! Need to get going and at least get dressed. Talked with my sister yesterday and they are close to a building start date. Excavator has been out to survey the lane and building site so she is excited. Me too..it will cut an hour off my drive time to have her closer. Hang in there Beth...it gets better!

Comment

• determined
                  determined commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Maxie, looks like mashed potato cups are individual cups that you throw in the microwave. A lazy way to do instant, since you don't have to measure.

Paula, a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your Mom!!!

Sharon...the key app for the phone can be "dangerous" to some degree, should your hubby somehow lose his phone. I'm thinking about personal info, but also the likelihood that the houses could be broken in to and possibly damaged. I'm sure he's aware of that, but thought I'd mention it. Too many savvy hackers out there.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• boffler
                  boffler commented
                  Editing a comment
                  JoG you have to be privy to the real estate sight to have it, it can only be gotten from a real estate office and from someone that actually knows the code...not to worry I clicked on it and it is totally safe, I couldn't open anything..

Good Morning, today is also my "granddaughter's" birthday. She is an I mature 18. Today is also my BILS funeral, his niece put out there that she would like to see a bunch of Marines there to see him off, He is the highest decorated Marine in Il, Vietnam Vet.He also rode with some Vet and Marine motorcycle clubs and some of them have said they will be there. I suggested that someone attach his USMC flag to their vehicle to drive behind the hearse (he had one that he flew on his truck, along with the American Flag at every VV reunion. ). Not sure if his motorcycle is running but if so hope someone rides it since it is a Vietnam Memorial in it's self. Custom painted, IwoJima, Vietnam memorials, along with the barb wire, bamboo cages, rice patties ect. People from all over know the bike as he rode it on several of the runs to DC.

Comment

• maxie
                  maxie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I found the instant potato cups this morning and you are right, they are an expensive cup of instant potatoes! She says that she was taking them in her lunch when her school commute was so long for lunch. I am betting her dad will find them and think he has reverted back to his teen years. Guess since I am such a lazy cook it is only natural that they would find a lazy way to eat!

Sharon, thanks for the explanation. I'm glad it's safer than I thought.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                X