Good Morning Aug 10th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning Aug 10th

Good SUNNY Morning! It's a pretty one out there.

Yesterday was a good day. I hustled all morning. Got a lot accomplished. After Sue left, Blaise & I headed into town to deliver the doctor's office pie. We FINALLY got to the library. Did McD's for lunch....Blaise's request. Stopped at Aldi's and loaded up....mostly on flour & sugar. Since I had all my baking done for today, I got to dink around on other things, like a real big meal for us and something different for Cork. Becca came for a few hours visit. I think mostly so she could do her laundry. Had a nice relaxing evening.

This morning I'm back at it. I'm going to finish making berry fillings for this weekend's pies, so that tomorrow & Saturday I just need to assemble and bake. Trying to get my thoughts together for Sunday's car show. Looks like it's going to be a pretty day. Yesterday we made ladylocks. Plan to give out cookie samples too. Will print up a bunch of my lists.

Have a good one all!
    Last edited by cookielady; 08-10-2017, 07:04 AM.

good morning,

it sure is... I haven't had time to look out much.. but did walk a envelope to the mailbox.. without a sweater on. yea.

been packing and packing . we are leaving for Daughter, son in laws camp in the woods approx 9;30am... and David is sleeping away in the recliner while I get everything organized .. He does pack his own clothes. and I checked it over. needs another shirt..in case he spills.
    we will be spending most of the day with Bill.. Karen has to come back down home , has a school meeting must attend.. so when the guys go off "looking" at lumber, I will snooze?.. don't mind being alone at all.. books to read. puzzle set up. even an old piano.. taking all ingredients to make no=bake cookies too. Hannah might be there. if not, me and the dog will just relax!..

don't know if I can access the board, via the iPhone.. depending on their reception in the Woods.. so if I don't show up.. just know I will miss you all.. behave and every one stay WELL..
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning another chilly one...Donna giving out samples and a list will most likely increase your sales...

Janet try and relax once you get there and enjoy your family...

We had a really good time on the lake yesterday, well the first trip out we did with hubby's Grandpa he sure enjoyed himself, 92 yrs. old, he said it had been about 7 yrs. since he had been on the water, he was remembering a time when he and Grandma use to take their boat and go for lunch or dinner on the water, and good fishing spots, etc. they have always lived on the lake but it has become so commercialized now, use to be across the channel was nothing but woods and they enjoyed seeing the deer, flowers, wildlife etc., now it is a campground and very noisy, lots of boats in he channel and other water rides...so it isn't as enjoyable living on the lake as it once was for him...

Then after taking him home because he was tired we went out again, this time the boat would not start, so we hubby started the trolling motor but we were so far out the battery died on that, just as we were ready to call for help he tried it again and it started, thankfully, then we got it out of the water and headed home, its about hour and 45 min. drive home...but just trolling that sun was hot, always have my sunscreen with me and a cooler with water in it...

Today need to get out in the motorhome, do a bit of cleaning, remake our bed and clear out some of the cabinets, some of the things I know we will not be eating or using will bring them in the house...

Have a good day one and all..20727925_10213388090914514_1522778118430145822_n.jpg
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning looks like it is nice outside. Have an appointment at 10 for a BP check. This evening Candie wants to go to Walmart. Larry and Ellen were here yeaterday, gave Larry on of the 5lb bags of oats.
        Brother-in-law funeral will be tomorrow but kids and I can't go. Everybody has to work plus cars aren't up to long trips. But get this my X is going but he isn't going until Friday evening so don't have any idea what his thought pattern is. He doesn't make an effort to spend time with his own family but is going to drive 10 hours to spend with mine? Okay rant over. Everyone have a fantastic day.

Comment

Morning! A bright sunny day this morning. Jon is off so I know he will not do any outside chores..if anything he will cut the grass but not until after I leave for the evening. It is his day of rest after all. This evening I am meeting a friend for dinner and am looking forward to it. We are meeting in Staunton, back home for each of us, and we will first drive through town and see the changes...then back to eat Mexican! Have not eaten Mex since the last time we were together. I will miss the ball game and those Cardinals are hot!! Just a game and a half back from the Cubbies Beth. Last evening Sierra called and said she had heard from mommy dearest and ask if either her father or I had talked with the mommy. Not us! Evidently mommy has gotten the hint that Sierra is mad at her and even has part of the reason correct. Seems mommy dearest left the area so Sierra could grow up and be her own person. She is a martyr and the girl should be damn glad her mother made the sacrifice for her. Can you believe that crap? I was sound asleep when she came in last night so we not talk but will this morning. I hope she and her dad talked last night because the martyr thing was pretty darn funny to us...since when is following your boyfriend a sacrifice made for your daughter? I was dead to the world and again she said she had to come into my room to wake me and shut the door. Do not now why I am so tired but glad I am sleeping sound anyway. Got my hair cut yesterday and then drove through KFC for supper. Actually it was not as good as I had anticipated. I am thinking that when you reach a certain age things from the past are never what you remember them to be. Maybe it is best to let those wonderful things you remember in the past and not ruined in the present. Geeze, even a crappy chicken dinner can set me off!! Cannot think of anything else going on around here . Somehow the laundry has gotten away from me again. Miss one day and the entire schedule is thrown off so it is a good thing I do not run by schedules. Have a good one and enjoy the sun on your head!

Comment

• cookielady
            cookielady commented
            Editing a comment
            I hear ya about laundry. This morning I had 3 loads to do, and very few of the clothes are mine. It's mostly a little person who changes clothes 3-4x a day that's doing it. Can't wait for school to start. That should cut the laundry in half.

Well, here I am again and it should be a pretty good day. Two kids are with grandma today and I am ready to see the school kids go back. The one boy I signed up for three days a week this summer has not shown more than he has been here. Didn't hear at all from the on Monday, then Wednesday the mom texted her husband had emergency dental so the boy would stay home with dad. I just nicely texted back hope Dad gets better soon and since school starts next week, tell Tyler have a great year! It sounded nice enough to me and let her know I don't expect to see him Friday or Monday (not even if she wants him to be here!).I realize she just doesn't want to pay if she can find any other way (more likely he was at a friend's house than dental emergency since she didn't post anything onFacebook and is one who posts everything!). And it is ok with me. I just wish she would have not said she would need three days a week and I would have said yes to another who had asked...
          Anyway, nothing really new here. Maye, I hope you have a relaxing time up in the woods. I love how it smells up in the pines and then the smell of wood fires and camp food...
          Sharon, that is such a great photo! Glad that motor started when yo really needed it to!
          Donna, could you send me a paper list of cookies that I can keep up? I will be ordering some Ladylocks for my roommate reunion, for sure. It is in October and I know none of my friends has ever had anything like them! I will message you more later.
          Good luck with the laundry, maxie and all of us! Some things never change!
          Have a good day and do something for yourselves as you do so much for others!

Comment

Good morning.
            Dreary looking morning. So far.

Yesterday's doctor appointment went pretty good. I must've looked like h-e-double-ck, though. Yesterday was the hottest day of the week, plus high humidity, and I felt sapped out. The doc is saying if I keep losing my energy I'm probably due for blood transfusions. My red blood count is (and has been) on the low side. I'm set up for another round of tests in 3 months, but he says if I continue to feel very tired and weak, to call and set up a blood transfusion appointment.

Now, me, I'm thinking it's just this yukky monsoon weather making me drag myself around. I have always said if there's ever another Great Flood, I'll just sleep through it. Upon leaving the Cancer Center, I noticed that ALL the mountains surrounding Tucson were either totally or partially obliterated by rain clouds. All the rain was in the mountains! But there you go....could that be the reason I had been feeling very tired for the past few days? It's nearby enough, I think, so I wouldn't be surprised. I know that we should be getting rain here this weekend. I've got my weather app set to our particular area of Tucson. Frankly, I'm ready for autumn's arrival. I've had enough of this high temperature business. It depends on Mother Nature dearest, I guess.

Not much else going on. E really hadn't been doing squat except for his electronics stuff....but he's still hurting from that fall. Little by little I've been getting stuff sorted and either tossed, put in a Goodwill bag, or set aside for the kids.
            I'm missing 3 bins of yarn. I'd given SD a few bins of assorted yarns last time I saw her.....but not those 3 bins, which I had plans for. I hope E hasn't tossed my stuff somewhere when I wasn't looking, thinking I won't miss it.
            So I plan to be busy today, sorting more stuff, or mopping, or whatever. Work myself out of this "tired funk" I find myself in.

Have a good day!
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good evening.
              Wow, it didn't reach triple digits today. We DID actually get a pretty good rain this evening before sundown, even some nice thunder. The entire morning weather forecast was changed around midday! LOL.
              Much of my funk dissipated by the time the rain started, I'm glad to say. I think the weather does affect the way I feel.
              (Not that the doctor was wrong with his diagnosis or anything... .seeing that I'm slightly anemic again. I'm glad he didn't suggest iron pills though....that upsets my body's balance and is constipating. So before I see him again, I'm going to start intentionally put more good proteins in my diet. See if that helps.)

Have a good night, and I'll see you in the morning. Sweet dreams. 😴
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
              X