Aug 9th.....Good Morning!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aug 9th.....Good Morning!

Good Morning All! It's SUPPOSE to get warm enough today to feel like summer again.

Yesterday was very good. We kicked butt! I got a lot done in the kitchen and Sue & Blaise got a lot done outside. Two areas are completely planted and they are going to look beautiful in the next year or two when they fill out. Sue has vision. I even got all the laundry caught up. Now to put it all away. That little fairy didn't show up overnight.

This morning I'm back at it in the kitchen. I keep hoping that I'll get ahead somewhere along the line, but it doesn't seem to happen. Sue is coming again today, but she's working in the kitchen with me. We are starting off by making Ladylocks and then making peach filling with the peaches that have been given to me.

Becca is coming down later this afternoon for a little visit and dinner. I roasted a big chicken yesterday so that I could make deep dish chicken for dinner tonight.

Have a good one all!

Good Morning.....Donna it is supposed to warm up here today, I sure hope so, hubby wants to go down to Indian Lake where his Grandpa lives and take him out on our boat, his Grandpa use to own a boat, well all of his life practically until he got to old to maintain it and do all the things needed, well he is 91 yrs. old...hubby thought we could go for a visit and take him out and let him drive the boat also...I will be taking a jacket for sure...

Donna I don't know how you would ever catch up with all you try and do, way to much for this person to do...God Bless you and so thankful for your helpers Sue and Janet.

Well my morning will consist of getting breakfast, getting my shower, packing a small bag to take with us to the lake...hoping to take Grandpa out to eat somewhere also...I am itching so bad and Benadryl has not helped, all because I went out during the day in the garden to pick some beans and tomatoes and got ate up by mosquitos...won't be doing that again without spray on me..

Going to make sure and take my camera today, we never know what life may bring so each picture, each moment needs recorded in picture...

Have a great day one and all..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      So true about those photos! I just love going through drawers and files and finding an old picture that I took of some family gathering. I have copied a few and keep them in my purse just to keep Gary close

Good morning

up and moving early today,, thanks to my two alarm clocks,, David and KatieKat... but Have a list made out of "have to get done today"
    and its long ...
    we are going to visit Karen &,family at their camp in the woods up near Cooks Forest.. from Thurs to either Sat or Sun.. and a lot of things need organized...
    starting with getting the #2 car back home from the Muffler repair shop,hopefully this morning!. .. do up all laundry... get out suitcases from attic, David wants his Hair cut,, I'm the barber....
    Getting refills on all David's pills. . a library return and pickup book stop. .
    Phone calls galore... remind son to come feed, water my kitty cat.. tell the neighbor lady we will be away..
    ....did you notice?.. Hubby isn't doing any of that!.. but hes the one who moans about going away..... we like spending time with family, he just hates having to pack and take all the STUFF.. ( guess who Packs all that stuff?)

Sharon, I help Donna with the grease balls but she is my Therapist ..,,,I get to talk about something other than ,, the aggravations of getting old.. and its just so nice to have conversation about something besides where my hubby is hurting the worse today..I just worry that she works too hard... I worry about YOU and Jostoy too.. over doing .. its better than setting like a vegetable but when you have another health problem. don't push your body too hard.... nag, nag ,nag.

well the list is staring at me...

hi to all , be back this evening ..
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Well, no worry about me over working! I figure if I do one chore a day then I have accomplished something! But I certainly admire those of you with the energy and determination to accomplish all that you do. Yesterday i got my pedi and today a hair cut I will be beautiful when the world ends with these two (you know who I mean) playing mine is bigger than yours on the world level. This is scary stuff and not an adult in the room. Last night Sierra came in to say there was a big fire in Staunton and when her dad got on FB it was a huge fire. I always thought this place was a junk yard for old cars where people restoring came for parts but evidently the guy had millions in vintage cars in a showroom and that is what burned. There was threat of closing the interstate at the height of the fire. I also did not know that I knew the owner until Jon told me. One of those names you had not heard in years and years and then what a surprise. Andrew was here for a while last night and his mother stayed and talked most of the time. I hadn't talked with Jamie since ball season ended and she is one who knows everything and everybody. She knows more people from back home than I do and talking with her is always interesting...she also gives great directions without this turn north or south stuff. I travel by landmarks! Guess I got nothing more to say. Going back for a haircut and banking makes it to late to fix a meal...I know, a sad day when I do not plan on cooking. I am having dinner with friends tomorrow so won;t be cooking then either so maybe I should make a half hearted attempt to produce food tonight...could stop by KFC on my way home although it is a bit out of my way. But family first and you know I am one dedicated family grandma!..plus I have a hankering for chicken. Sharon enjoy your day boating and with grandpa. Cookie I can smell those pies but I need a nap after hearing your day described. Maye, the work always falls on the woman and the guys always sit around taking the credit for it but have a great weekend. I love family weekends! Going to be sunny with temps back into the 80s today. Welcome back summer!!

Comment

Good rainy morning, have my orders that if I let Molly out and she gets tangled I can not go out to untangle her.

Please say a prayer for my sister and her family, brother-in-law passed this morning. It's one of those bittersweet things, his body has been here but his mind left along time ago.

Fixed cheater chicken and dumplings last night, grand daughter said she doesn't ever remember having them except out of a can. She ate 2 bowls, well one and a half since she kept giving Molly bites out of the second bowl.

We'll got to find something to eat. Everyone enjoy your day

Comment

Morning..not at all how I planned my day..waiting on cab now to take me to ER to get checked out. Dealing with allergic reaction to new blood pressure meds.. I am supposed to go to dentist at 2..

Comment

Good morning.
            Was awake way too early again, but what the heck. All the allergy stuff in the air is listed as "high", so I wake and deal with goopy eyes once again. Was thinking about visiting stepdaughter, where allergens are listed as "low" at worst. It would be a relief, as well as a nice visit. But this month all hotel and other rates are sky-high, due to the coming eclipse of the sun this month (according to E). This affects flights and car rentals as well, going up to 4X normal pricing. No doubt restaurants along the eclipse viewing routes will do the same. So no trips this month for us.

Well, back to reality. This afternoon I have lab work and an appointment with my oncologist for a follow-up, to be sure everything is staying in check. If I had one wish, it would probably be to have a normal life back without so many doctors monitoring me. Maybe I shouldn't complain, what with nothing serious happening health wise at the moment. But I dread the thought of things reverting again. For now, though, I'm happy enough that it has stopped. My tests today should confirm that assurance I need.

Nothing else scheduled. E offered again to take me to dinner afterwards, as the appointment will end late. But as usual I turned down his offer. I can reheat my own foods in the microwave, and not have to deal with the high sodium, deep frying and fried foods, and other unhealthy factors offered in restaurants. Some restaurants are now starting to sneak garlic into most of the dishes they offer. I really can't eat garlic without repercussions. So, home food it'll be.

I found a book i forgot I had, in the side pocket of my chair. Youngest DD sent it to me last year, and it contains a haunting story I can't forget from my school years. The book is full of short stories with a startling twist to them. If Rod Serling and Edgar Allen Poe ever collaborated on a story, it would come out like the haunting story I mentioned.....the author is Roald Dahl, published by Vintage Books, if you're interested. The book has a lot of his short stories, and I've read only two, so far.

Today & tomorrow's temps peak at 104° before starting a downward trend, to make way for the weekend's forecast of rain. Yay for rain!

I should get as much done as Donna, Sharon, or Jostoy. My energy level has slowed down a lot these past few years. It shames me. (Maybe that's why I bury myself in books.). I'd love to get my energy back. And the strength I used to have.
            I used to do the majority of yard work, bake weekly, decorate cakes, keep a clean house and laundry for us and our 5 kids, plus try to keep up with the 3 step kids, plus the shopping, dumpster diving with the kids behind the Base Exchange, take the kids to their scheduled activities and appointments, lots of home cooking. That's not me any more. I gave up trying to cook for two, though. It's easier to cook more, freeze the excess, then just nuke the foods in meal portions til it's gone. Then repeat. I have choices to pick from in my freezer. But how does one bake for two? Ha! No room in the freezer for that!

Well, I guess I should get started on today, and try to be more productive.
            Have a great day!
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
              Paula A commented
              Editing a comment
              Jo, what town is the step daughter in and what route are you talking about? I never knew pricing could fluctuate like that!

Maxie, one of my all time favorite directions a friend gave me to her house: turn left when you see the dead skunk in the road! We still laugh about that. (It wasn't there the next time I drove over) The charms of country living!
            Yesterday was headed to just a regular Tuesday Until the daycare toilet got so stopped up I couldn't fix it with 30 minutes of plunging. Took the plumber quite a time, too. So I will be handing out the toilet paper and put up the Kleenex! He said what I had thought: too much paper and when I remembered picking up a Kleenex tissue from the bathroom floor, I think the big sister (11) was using them to clean up her brother. Who can actually go into the bathroom himself, but the sister babies him. Guess who is now Ready for kids to back to school????After all the towels on the floor clean up and then the bathroom floor clean up , I went for a long swim...Just got rid of the stress and any negative feelings. I always get myself back into the perspective of This is still a child and one who doesn't have Kleenex and lots of things I have. It really helps that the kids and parents love me and I really do love this girl, especially. Just kind of hard to write out that 75.00 check to the plumber, but so thankful he came over between jobs because he knows I am a daycare.
            Ok, so today will be a good day. The garbage trucks have already come and I am trying to figure out how to rearrange the rooms for the new baby who will be here. coming for an hour next Tueday and then half day on Thursday and then starting the 21st M-Th. I told the mom I will be charging her for the 5 days because he is taking a full time spot in the schedule and that was fine with her. She knows one of her friends wanted her baby to be here and I took this baby instead of hers.. Another young mom who couldn't find daycare for her baby (I knew I wouldn't have room) hired a nanny: 15.00 an hour! For a 6 hour day!
            We are looking forward to slightly cooler temps: upper 90's. What I really like about that is the.lows are in the mid 60's and it cools down enough to open the windows at night.
            I managed to make sure no cats were in the shed out back and secured the door. I even checked a few times to make sure so no kitty was hiding in there. I always thought if cats went in there it would make sure no mice or rats were in there, but I never thought they might take up residence...so many feral cats around here, the city council is talking about what can be done.
            Ok, as much as I love just chatting away I better go get something done that can't be done during daycare.
            Donna, I wish I had Sue or someone with her knowledge to help me plant out front. I am getting more geraniums for the big pots but I want some other things, too. And I really want some Brown-eyed Susans after seeing them all over Maryland. I will Google search and see if they grow in Zone 9. ur hot in the summer and not that cold in the winter zone that makes it hard to grow some of the flowers I would love like peonies. I know one person here in REd Bluff who has some and she has had them for a long time and said it was really hard to get going. And her husband is a landscape guy...
            Meatball subs tonight for dinner. Spencer's family is having them too and we have been planning this as a family dinner for a week!
            Have a great day! Stay happy and healthy! .

Comment

• maxie
              maxie commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey family dinner nights have become popular here! Nice to have kids around at least once a week. AND they seem to enjoy it. Great idea to be able to eat together across the country for each other. Enjoy!!

Canna Lillies That's what I'm going to grow. Ask Sue about.

Comment

• Paula A
              Paula A commented
              Editing a comment
              They grow really well here! My mom has all colors!

Paula, yes businesses do jack their prices if it benefits them.
            The Eclipse of the sun is on Aug 21st. The sun "hot spots" for best sightings is on a line from Salem OR through someplace in Georgia. (You can probably Google it. I can't find where E put the newspaper the diagram was in.). Because it happens once a century, people rush in droves to watch the 2 or 2-1/2 hour event.
            NY has already cancelled its direct flights to OR. OR has at least one car rental place that cancelled all previous reservations, and suddenly the normally $175.00 rental cost is $400.00; their hotels are upping their charges as well, according to the newspaper.
            [I don't know what WA sightings will look like. Our sightings here won't be as perfect as being in OR, though.]
            Oh, and there's some 99 yr old man who will be turning 100 on that day!
            Come to think of it, step daughter will have a birthday the following day!

Oh, step daughter is in Albequerque. E already checked prices there.
            I guess people south of there might be planning to head closer to the good sighting areas as much as they can. Frankly, I was only looking for the cooler temperatures they'll have, not to mention the lower allergen count.
            Last edited by JoGee; 08-09-2017, 10:41 AM.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
              maxie commented
              Editing a comment
              This eclipse thing is a big deal around here since the perfect viewing spot is south of us closer to Scott. I know some schools are taking the day off but further south they are not only closing but renting out football fields, etc., for those flocking in to the area. My niece and her father have rented a spot down by Scott. Personally I will just turn on the tv and get the perfect view from the comfort of my chair.

Good afternoon everyone...

Oh NO.!!! I am last again..lol...

I had to play catch up with my sewing..

I was vacuum this morning..And had trouble with the vacuum..And found out it was the belt...And it took me longer to put in the "NEW" belt..With my two little helpers..

Comment

Working...
            X