• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Aug 7th

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..
    I am up with the chickens...lol...

I had to go.....To the launderymat to wash my rugs..My rugs will not fit in the washer...

And supper in the crockpot...

And it rain all night too...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Morning all...Not sure if I meantioned it or not but I was going to a new Bible Study group yesterday..The group that I was a part of dissolved...I was a little bit nervous about my new group but I LOVE my new group..I clicked in a cool way with a lot different people in the group. I am pretty sure that I am going to love my new group.

Leaving early for work..hoping to get the news I want and that is that they will let me have my days off to go to Florida with my family even though they are during a time that we are not supposed to ask off. Mom didn't know this when she picked the dates the for the trip.

Everyone have a good day...love you all

Comment

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      How was it.??? I know you miss the old one....I sound like mine...We are missing about four people...I would too..I know you would..There might some of friends there too..

Good Morning, a little later getting here had some things that needed done first thing this morning...can't believe it is so chilly outside this is August you know, 61 degrees in the morning is just not right...got my green beans worked up and canned yesterday, did 4 qts. of tomato juice and now need to slice up the green peppers to freeze...hubby got the onions out of the ground they are now in the pole barn being dried out until its time to cut the tops and roots off...also got the red potatoes out of the ground...garden still didn't do well because of the walnut tree juglone it produces in the soil....hubby thought he had them cut down and the soil fixed I of course disagreed and I was right, now this was two years in a 2 3 yrs. in a row, I told him I am getting older and this is becoming less appealing all the time...if he wants a garden he can take care of things and do the canning... getting older and slower...

Don't know what my day may hold probably laundry, tomorrow the people come to fix our ceiling, every since we have been here we have told them it is not right, they 'fixed' it three different times, well when you have a knock down ceiling it gets filled in and looks horrible plus the problem was not fixed, why? because someone did not want to get in the attic and take care of the problem which hubby told them what it was, well they finally did it and now they have to make repairs to the ceiling going to be a mess and it means emptying out my curio and moving it...will take pictures because I like where things are placed in it...

Well time to get some breakfast, get a shower and get some laundry done and figure out what's for supper...

Come out, come out wherever you are..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good Morning! It's a dreary & chilly one here. Blah!

I got up at 6:15 planning on going gang busters, sat down here, and just had absolutely no energy....went back to bed until 7:45.

Yesterday was good. Didn't bake a single thing. Cleaned some. After delivering the pies in the morning, Blaise & I went into town to grocery shop. Hit up 2 stores and went to Arby's for lunch. Kathy popped in. The car needed it's oil changed. She got pulled over twice in Freeport the other evening because the little light over the license plate was burned out. Got that fixed too. Thawed out chicken, hamburger, and hot dogs. Grilled them all up and into the refrigerator for future meals. Love the taste of charcoal grilling.

Went to play cards at my SIL's Mom's new apartment. Very nice. Just the right size. We had a nice time. I actually won a couple of games.

Once I FINALLY got some energy & fed, I mixed up 10 batches of pie dough. Got 4 kinds of pie filling simmering. Once Sue gets here, we are going to do up about a bushel of peaches and make it into pie filling. This afternoon I'll be baking 12 pies for tomorrow. Blaise & I may go to the library. Time will tell.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        Donna you need a kitchen just for your baking room, industrial size stove and refrigerator in it also and lots of utility/pantry cabinets...were you do nothing but bake, cook, etc. for you business then use it for a right off on income tax... Did Kathy pop in so you could pay to have the oil changed in the car and have the bulb replaced? Becca shows so much more maturity than Kathy will ever have I think...glad you had a good times playing cards.

Sun is peeking out so maybe it will warm up a bit and act like August. We never did get much rain so back to watering although most of the potted plants are not looking healthy. The nerve of them... but I have lost interest. I hate the fact that nothing has been done to finish the outside project and we HAVE had a lot of heat and rain but NOTHING ever gets finished around here!!! Today we are heading to the mall for the day and Andrew's mother sent the school supply list but I cannot read it. The bigger I make it the blurryer (I know that has to be a word) it gets so had to ask to have it resent. Then need to find a time for his shopping trip. I have the time but the boy is a busy man! Jon did say we are still getting him after school this year and that is a good thing because we can still handle the homework and go back to nightly reading. I had worried about that since his uncle had gotten custody of his son over the summer and they will be riding the same bus and going to the same school. I hate the thought of school starting...I will have to cook every night again and then there is the homework fight and it goes on and on for 10 months!!!! Even when my boys were little I hated school starting. I know...weird right? Guess I am the one who does not like structure? Somehow in my sleep I tore the scab off my nose and have a mess that I must keep covered now. Looks terrible either with or without the band-aid but people with allergies just naturally rub their noses constantly and unconsciously . The spots on my arms are all scabby and I look like something that people want to avoid especially around food so I have been digging out long sleeves and wearing jackets...or staying home which is not a handicap for me. I like staying home and sitting on the patio looking at the heat damage water deprived potted plants. Guess I need to be ready when the princess awakes so we can shop. I am looking forward to it. She also said she needed notebooks but would wait to go with Andrew. She is very good with him and that is a help. He knows he can have whatever he wants weather he needs it or not but it is a decision when you are 10 almost 11 and she just steps in and I can sit back! If I make a suggestion what to I know because I am just grandma but if she suggests it then it must be the hippest thing ever. And I bet I just aged myself with that word! Gotta get moving...enjoy your Monday.

Comment

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        Maxie I have lost interest in my potted plants also, first they are to dry then they got soaked with rain and killed out, etc., etc. hanging pots are root bound, etc., etc...sorry about your nose I am having a terrible time with allergies right now, but also got a whole lot of mosquito bites while out in the garden yesterday and I am itching like crazy and the Benadryl itch gel is not helping at all...Oh I do not miss the days of getting kids ready for school, when we were in GA I saw the list my daughter had for their school needs and I couldn't believe it made me wonder what they pay a school tax for....cleaning supplies, toilet paper, paper towels, tissues, lots of other things of that nature plus what is needed for school...

I am running a little later than usual but realized I needed towels wahed. And spent a lot of time looking for the eggs I bought Saturday and did not get home with!!! Stupid Walmart! Ugh! It is because of how they bag your food and I have noticed a lot of the cashiers do not put your eggs in a bag at all, because I guess they think I don't want to pay for a bag just for eggs or something. And it really isn't worth the hassle to go through the red tape to talk to someone, But I will let them know...All because some people in this state voted to do away with free plastic bags at grocery stores! Like that will make the difference in the landfills and oceans when all the other states are still using regular plastic bags. So No eggs for me this morning and that is what I wanted
      ugh. and I amtyping too fast and making all kinds of mistakes.
      So how is your Monday starting off? lol
      It is cooler this morning and we had some thunder and lightening here but no rain. I heard a few areas had some rian. I hope it put out fires and did not start any new ones.
      Your weather sounds so good to me if you are posting cooler temps and cloudy skies.
      I lhave to go open the door and turn on the lights to the daycare.
      It will be a good day as soon as I get over my attitude and hopefuolly, the daycare mom who brings eggs some days will have some today!
      Take care and stay well, everyone!

Comment

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        You need the day off..I do the double check before i leave..And make sure i got everything..It happens

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        Paula that is one thing that gets my blood boiling when they forget a whole bag or something they sat somewhere they should not have, most times your busy paying waiting for the credit card machine, etc...

Good Morning. Nothing planned for today except a walmart run when Candie gets home from work. Went to Sam's Club yesterday, don't know if DJ'S SO was cranky or if that is her normal attitude, I mean we are in the same house but I normally only see her at supper. So maybe her attitude is just always b*****. Maybe it was in the air yesterday because when I went to bed Molly snapped at me when I told her she had to scoot over, she is friends again this morning.

Have a great day everyone

Comment

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have to got Wal-mart tomorrow..i forgot the milk..I am not leaving to day..Rain.....We need a vacation..

Good morning.
      This week will simply be sunny and hot, with temps back in the triple digits. 🌵
      Not much going on worth writing about. I'm a bit miffed with E from yesterday, but really don't want to go into the stupid details of it. Like I said it was stupid.

Allergies are up again, and my eyes are a bit gooey from it this morning.

Looks like nephew is out of work through January now, what with his PT needs after his accident. Plus he lost the ability to raise his bad arm over his head. That will certainly interfere with his job, I'm sure. Plus the lengthier need for PT seems to have cut or stopped his disability pay. Not sure which, but will find out soon.

Paula, some stores are charging 25 cents per plastic bag now, to discourage their use. We have the fabric and insulated tote sacks for shopping. We got several free from charities that hope for more donations. I was thinking of crocheting shopping bags from string like the British women have been using for years. It's a simple mesh, doesn't take up much space when empty, but stretches when filled with groceries. Many stores have bins for special collection of plastic grocery bags, so they don't end up in landfills and oceans. I believe wholeheartedly that we need to keep our planet "green", what with the population growth on our planet. I hate to think of what our offspring and theirs have inherited.

E is up, so now I can go start my day and chores.
      Have a great day, everyone.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        Jo your nephew is in for some hard PT to get him back. Wish I could send some of our unseasonably cold weather....
    Working...
    X