X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is Tuesday Aug 1

Good morning everyone...

Rise and shine...

My two little kittys want to find there voice ...Early this morning..I need a strong cup of coffee

I just finish up with my chores...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Good morning...My kitty wanted to snuggle and sleep...leading me to a rushed morning...totally worth it in my books though Work and volunteering today..tonight ordering pizza and watching America's Got Talent unless I go out to my sister's. I kinda miss the nieces.

Comment

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish mine would snuggle and sleep...

Good SUNNY Morning!

Figured I better get here before my day slips away from me again.

Yesterday was UBER busy. My day started with me prepping for Sue to come & make pie shells, then I was out the door to my early doctor's appt. He's cutting back my insulin that I take in the AM. Told him I was afraid to take it for fear of bottoming out. I did 3x last week. Got home and started right into working. Had to take a break and deliver the pies to the stand. Brought home more peaches to add to the ones I got Sunday. While Sue worked on shells, I worked on making pies and starting on the peach filling. The stupid phone wouldn't stop ring either. Some worthwhile & some a waste of my time.

At Christmas time things were too busy for Sue & I to go out to lunch to celebrate. So yesterday we went to Applebees for lunch for Christmas in July. Nothing like cutting it close. It was my treat. She works so hard for me, and I appreciate her more than she knows...well...she might know because I tell her all the time. I try not to take people for granted. She's going to do my landscaping in the next few weeks, so we stopped at Lowes and got some more preinnuals (??) that were clearanced. My assortment keeps expending. She LOVES working in the dirt, and I LOVE working in the pie filling, so I'll do my thing to pay for her thing.

Spent the rest of my afternoon making pie filling and the rest of the pies for the stand. Also had to make something for Cork to have in his lunches for the week. I didn't get done until 9pm. I was whipped. Treated myself to a peach ice cream sundae. YUM!!!

Today is more of the same sort of. This morning I'll be baking tomorrow's pies. Hoping to get a quick trip into Aldi's. I have company coming after lunch and I want to be done with the major part of my baking for the day. Becca's also coming home for the evening. My SIL, Mom, Becca, and I are playing cards & having pizza and fresh peach pie this evening.

The farm stand is going to be hosting a Car Cruise (show) in a couple of weeks, and so Sue & I were discussing what we could sell & how. Need to find some individual pie slice containers.

Have a good one all and welcome home Sharon!

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      How about some hand pies?

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      You like them...UBER...I been check into them...

HELLO! HELLO! I'M BACK

thanks to Grandson Jacob. I am here.. he came over last evening and helped me get a few cliches cleared up on my computer,, the printer and the phone... Thank God for these wonderfully smart young people... ,,,,,I have been able to read the daily entries. so have kept up with you all.. but have
    missed just being part of it..

not much going on this last week ( except frustration over all these little breakdowns).. just been enjoying the sunshine, heat.. and the joy of sitting on the deck looking at the GREEN all around... I have been working at cleaning out the files on the computer , removing all papers that have Numbers on,,
    especially credit card nos. and check book number... paper copies in secure place will be better.. so many of the items and articles in the computer files cannot be opened with this new computer , which has windows 10.. so will delete them... Jacob try to open a few .. he was on internet hunting alternatives but. in the end we decided to just ditch them.... nothing last forever.. .....

how has everyone been,?
    Bethina. how are you doing?
    SassyGirl , don't think I seen you much , is everything ok?.

Elaine, hot in Texas?.. and how is John?
    Maxie,, busy busy lady.. is it any calmer?.

Paula.. which group of kids do you like best. Summer ones or School time little ones?.
    Sharon.. your trip with granddaughters sounded lovely.. now get home and take it easy!
    Jostoy ... what busy project do you have going?.
    Hi Darla. BarbCa. and hopefully I did not miss anyone but Donna

the wonderful Niece. Donna,, such a busy, kind, helpful Jewel of a girl.. she is my "listening" post when I need to let off steam.. love you neice!

its just grand to be back home again!!!!!!

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• cookielady
      cookielady commented
      Editing a comment
      FINALLY!!!! You would have thought he'd have made it over last week while the ladies were gone. Maybe he didn't have his Mom nagging him to get over & help you. Anyways, SO GLAD you are back. Ummmmm......I'm out of all grease balls. Ya need to listening therapy?

• determined
      determined commented
      Editing a comment
      Aunt Maye, a friend who does computer repair in IN, calls windows 10 "Big Brother" he said if you don't go in and disable all the permissions, it sends EVERYTHING back to them. That includes any business (banking, bills etc) every website, all emails. He said they just collect to much info that they don't need

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Maye,I been busy..The time just went by..everything it is "OK"..Just busy...I will check in..Daily..

Good Morning to all...got back home around 7:30 p.m. last evening, unpacked a few things out of motorhome, plugged it in and will unload the rest today....was good to sleep in my own bed again but my mind just would not shut down so a restless night, that seems to always happen to me first night home..

Had a wonderful time with the grandgirls, Stone Mountain has so much history and the largest rock you can imagine, I have not downloaded my pictures yet but when I do I will post some of them. After we established who was the authorative figure was with the 10 yr. old things went much smoother, her Mom (my daughter) lets her act like an adult and boss the younger 8 yr. old around, not good in my book..its amazing to me how people raise their children these days all of this healthier can't eat this or that just about drove me crazy with the 10 yr. old, just enjoy yourselves and stop monitoring everything...and all organic, free range, no dyes or coloring, etc., etc., geez can drive an old granny crazy...its not like we don't eat healthy but when camping we do splurge with an all beef hot dog, smores, pizza pies, fruit pies made on pie iron and yes we even bought pop tarts and cereal, but said 10 yr. old said the milk was sour, did not taste right, it was 2% milk not organic, wish she had not seen the label, LOL....I say the 10 yr. old is a brat and the 8 yr. old is treated way different than the 10 yr. old and it makes me furious, they are so hard on her...and she is a sweetie, not back talk, does as she is told just takes her time, LOL...

Today I will need to play catch up on the green beans in the garden and even have some peaches to can also...so will be staying busy...
    Donna sure hope changing your dose of meds keeps you from bottoming out..
    jostoy always so busy have to look forward to winter just to relax, LOL
    Need to read and catch up with Maxie or see if she has went into hiding..
    Hope Aunt Maye can figure out her security settings so she can get back to us...
    Time to find some breakfast feeling hungry this morning...have a great day one and all..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Running through this morning. Have an appointment with the dermatologist and have a few other errands I want to run while back home but Sierra decided she would ride along and get her hair trimmed and brows waxed. That is fine but she likes to work on HER schedule and we have to be home for her to get ready for work. That means she has to leave 2 hours early so she can spend time with this guy then they go to work and then she stays with him until midnight. I told her last night she spends more time with him than I did with her grandfather our entire married life! When we were dating he went to school on the GI Bill and I worked and then when he started work he worked the afternoon shift so we actually only saw each other on the weekends. Even after we married he worked shift work and I worked in St.Louis. Why doesn't she need a break from this guy? And there I am off on another rant...I got a million of them!! Time to shower and get a move on. I am thinking carry out for supper tonight. AND the sun just peaked out for the first time. Have a great Tuesday. After this guy is done with me I can play connect the dots ...not very pretty for a week or so!!

Comment

Yay! Maye is back!!!
        At the beginning of the summer I really like the addition of the school kids who like to help and keep the younger ones occupied; by this time of the summer I am looking at the calendar to see ow many days till school starts back up! But for the most part I like having the oldest girl (11) and the rest (a boy 8 and a girl 6) I can deal with pretty well. The boy's mom workds till 5:00 and then still has to get here, and the 6 year old girl ahs to say my name with Every sentence she makes!! Honestly! Even the other school kids will ask her Why do say paula all the time? I kind of think it is the over indulgent parenting but then, who am I to say? I only had 4 kids...and I would stay up late reading just to get some peace and quiet!
        today it is supposed to get to 115*. I went swimming again this morning, at 5:00. it is a great way to wake up and be cool, then not have to worry about the treadmill which has been calling my name but I think I will get too hot too soon...excuses!
        Hope you all stay cool, calm, and collected...whatever collected means.

Comment

Good Morning, and Happy August.
          Is it me, or is the time flying quickly? Where has this year gone so fast?

Glad to have you back, Maye.

The sun is up,but there's a mixture of dark and light clouds in the sky....chance of more rain. I'm certainly not complaining about rain, though. 77° right now, and only going to about 93 today. Nice. I mentioned grass growing in our yard right now, remember? Well, seems the neighbor's brother, now living with her, was throwing grass seed and it got over the fence. E is in no condition to hoe it up, not with his bruised ribs. And I'm not sure I'm strong enough to break up the caliche ground. Oh well. It's bad enough that the guy attracts pigeons ..... He feeds them well, but we get a lot of their mess on the house, car, everywhere. E said he plans to talk to him about it. Not that it'll do any good, I bet. He's talked to him before.

Need to shop with E today, and pick up some staples. Make sure he doesn't over-do by carrying too many grocery bags at once. Then need to sweep and mop floors today.

Tomorrow I see my retina doctor for my annual eye checkup. My eyes have been doing well since he fixed the retinal tear I had, years ago. But I "need these follow ups due to....my age!"

Not much else going on here.
          Have a great day!
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning, just me and Molly moving around this morning, she has been out and is now stretched out in the patch of sunshine in front of the door.

Boff, I'm like you and wonder about the way kids are raised today. If I had talked to any adult the way these kids do I probably wouldn't be here now.

Comment

Working...
            X