Good Sunday morning 7/30

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Sunday morning 7/30

Good morning...today is the day that my parents go home. I have totally enjoyed having them here...but will be glad to get back to a normal routine. Cori will be glad to have all her space back.

I am having quiet a bit of mouth pain again...I had stopped taking any kind of pain meds didn't feel like I needed them...boy was I wrong...I had to have perscription pain pill last night...I am trying to only take those at night and ibuprophen during the day.

My dessert for Bible Study is in the oven as we speak...I made apple dump cake.

This afternoon I will probably just read or watch tv.

Good Morning.

Hi beth! Hi Donna! Hi Jo! Hi Paula! Hi maxie!

Darla, where are you NOW? I cannot keep up with you.

Wow! Cool out there this a.m.

Some critter decided to visit around 2a. I was sure someone was knocking on the window. I was so alarmed that I woke John. Anyway, it turned out to be nothing, I guess, but it bumped and banged forever.
    And I never could get back to sleep.

Hope I can stay awake during church. LOL

Hope all is well. Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

• determined
      determined commented
      Editing a comment
      Elaine I'm in Nebraska, the kids wanted me close enough they could keep an eye on me.

Good Sunday morning to you all!

It's a very grey, cloudy morning here, and the temp will get to only 89° today. It's fine with me, though. I don't think rain is forecasted for today, but if it does then the Weather Weenies will add that in. I've seen that happen before!

No plans for today. I haven't brought in today's paper yet, nor made my tea or mocha yet.

Last evening I had a stomach bug hit me. Or wallop me, is more accurate. No fun! I took immodium right away. Don't know if or how that might affect me today. I hope it just goes away as mysteriously as it came.

E is doing a bit better every day. The pain at his ribs is less each day, but will take a few weeks to go away completely.
    He's too old and his knees are weak, for him to do some of the silly stuff he does. I hope that fall has taught him a lesson. His arm also got a direct scrape and has a swollen lump (looks awful, actually), and I wonder if it'll leave a scar of some type as a reminder. The silly boy! He's much a child at heart.

Might be a good day to bake something. But my weight is up. Did a lot of eating out in WA because DD's kitchen is pretty much out of order. Eating out....you don't know what all is in your food and so much offered in restaurants is fried or deep fried. And they pile it on your plate....enough to serve 2 or sometimes 3 people. So even though I didn't finish all those meals, my weight is up again. Bummer!

Hope you all have a great day!! 😊
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      pat posted a banana recipe yesterday that I want to do. I even bought over ripe bananas to do it and asked the party mom to bring me the cupcake packs from the store to use for the banana muffins we are making to sen dup to the girls at church camp this week.

Good morning! I am happy someone is getting cooler temperatures, Elaine. We have High Heat advisory this week. Tuesday it is supposed to reach 115* and you know that means it could go one or two either direction. The highest I remember it getting to was 123* (no kidding!) one August when my friend was in labor.
    So that means cold lunches and inside more than out. We always seem to get wind and that dries out the grass and makes for a high fire danger, too. One of my daycare dads took a week off from the Sheriff's dept and then got called out to a fire because he has a water truck. He is a very enterprising young man.
    Another dad is gone most of the summer to fires with prison inmates from the low security prison camp we have near here. The inmates fight the fire or serve on the food line and the guards go with them, of course, to guard them.
    I got done so much more yesterday than I had planned. The party was really fun to watch the kids on the big blow up water slide (bounce house style) and the moms and relatives all had a great visit as we sat in the shade and enjoyed the company. No snakes but two doe were on the other side of their fence watching the kids as the ate some grass.
    I will be finding the rest of the things I want to donate to the yard sale in the next few days. Becky will be going over on Tuesday and Wednesday morning (early before the heat, hopefully) to set up. When we took the skis and the top to the coffee table on Friday there was among other things an Antique picture in a great frame! I can't imagine someone not wanting it! I don't need it, but I am still thinking about it...The picture is of a young boy, maybe 11? Ugh. How people can throw away something like that, I don't know.
    Well, take care and stay well!
    Elaine, any paw prints over by that window?
    Drink more water!!!

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning!

Yesterday started out very very rough. Got up and got the pies all packaged & into the Escape for delivery. Then made myself a nice breakfast of egg, bacon, & English muffin w/PB. That was the beginning of the end. My stomach started rolling, so I decided to take a quick nap before delivering the pies. There was a phone call in there somewhere from a neighbor, then at 10;30 Lew called to see where I was since I normally deliver the pies at 9:30. I had bottomed out BIG TIME....37. By the time he got there I was up to 43 and he wanted to call a squad. Told him no and he watched me drink a whole Coke...sugar & all. I laid back down in my recliner & I dozed off & on until 1pm. I was freezing due to sweating. I finally got up and dressed warm until my blood got pumping.

Then I baked 24 pies and cooked a nice summer dinner....chicken on the grill, corn on the cob, fruit salad, and fresh cooked green beans....YUM!!! Was so glad the day ended well.

This morning my sugar was in the low 100's and I was afraid to take my insulin. Ate, went to church, got the pies delivered THEN took my shot. I've now got 6 pies in the oven. One for us tonight at cards, and the other 5 for the stand tomorrow. Need to finish packing for Blaise to go to camp for the week later this afternoon. Once I get back in town, I'll be going straight to my SIL to play cards with her Mom & my Mom.

Just talked to Becca. She has be SO FRUSTRATED with her immediate supervisor who is the unit counselor. At team meeting Becca and another co-wkr blew up about what this counselor has been doing to undermine them. Cody & Becca were both called into the Unit manager's ofc and both are being transferred to different units starting next Monday. She's is so excited because she's going back to work with the special needs boys. They also found a gray kitty roaming around their unit on Friday and Becca is going to adopt it once a local lady gets it's shots and fixed. Joy will have a new friend to play with.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        So glad you are feeling better! You are on my prayer list!!!
    Working...
    X