Monday morning June 26th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday morning June 26th

Oh my gosh, the last week in June already, slow down time or maybe it just seems like it is going faster because I am going slower nowadays.
    I had to go find my winter robe this morning, its only 58 degrees out and a might on the chilly side inside because hubby forgot to close the family room windows...brrr not much warmer in here...hoping the nice hot cup of coffee will warm me up..

Got to be on the move early this morning, 35-40 min. drive if I don't get stopped by a train to get my INR poke, then on to the Pet store to buy a new cat carrier, one that opens from the top, then come home load up the cat and take him for a laser treatment on his spine...poor cat is in some pain...but they have him listed as an aggressive cat, which he is with strangers and in a different situation, but also being in pain doesn't help matters...hoping the hubby can take him he might be able to hold him while they do the treatment, sure they have some special glasses for him also...that is another reason the cat is aggressive they put glasses on him also.

Got a lot of things done yesterday and a whole lot more to do today, hubby says I pack like it is a house, I say I am older and like the conveniences I have so why not have them in the motorhome also, LOL...

Have a great day one and all..hope your morning is warmer than mine...well JoG pretty sure yours will be...
    Last edited by boffler; 06-26-2017, 07:57 AM.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Boff your poor kitty...I had to chuckle at the thought of kitty with special glasses on...

My weekend was pretty quiet and normal....spent alot of it sleeping and staying inside....Allergies are horrid right now....working on a 3 day head ache...I went on Friday night to an outdoor movie with friends....sat in the grass...it was so much fun but I never should have done that!

Bible study yesterday was pretty good...small group but good.

Off to work!

Comment

Good Morning! It's a chilly one here too and suppose to be down right cold the next couple of days. Not even reaching 70's.

Yesterday was good. Got the 3 pies baked & picked up. Spent the afternoon cooking. Made chicken 2 different ways. Of course the charcoal didn't get catch soon enough even though I started getting it going 2 hrs before dinner....one of the down falls of charcoal. GRRRR! Made potato salad, baked beans, deviled eggs, and cut up watermelon to go with dinner. Also made Corky his alfredo spinach & tomato pasta so he has plenty of leftovers to take to work with him. He's on 12 hr shifts this week.

Becca, my Mom, and Aunt P came for dinner and cards. We had a nice evening. For dessert I made lemon cheesecake filled crescent rolls....YUM! Got Becca out of here in plenty of time so she could get to bed on time. She's working her 16 hr shifts today & tomorrow.

This morning we are heading into town to the thrift store. They are having 1/2 off everything but the furniture. Normally on half off day there is one color you don't get reduced and it's only on clothes & shoes. Will stop at Aldi's and probably have lunch out. Blaise has a swim meet tonight. Hope to get some baking done in the next couple of days while it's cool. I need to get at least 8 doz sugar cookies iced this week for an order.

​Have a good one all!

Comment

good morning

need to tidied the kitchen then we will be on the way to town.. stopping at same thrift store as Donna, might see her there... hunting some summer weight slacks... have lost enough weight that all the ones I have are so baggy... (Yea)....hate to buy new ones to wear for everyday.

also going to Walmart. load up on necessities. like toilet paper. paper plates..and little extra goodies for munching for company folks ...
        When I get home, granddaughter Carrie will be coming to help take down the mini blinds and curtains in kitchen . I will wash and dry.them, while she cleans the windows. get it all back together.. she is my ladder climber..

Sharon , you truly are a devoted cat lover...glasses on a cat .ummm ,should be fun to see

hi to you all .....be back later
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning!
          It's 82° outside right now, heading to 107° today. I like the downward trend in the heat. The sun is just peeking over the mountains right now. Supposed to be a 10% chance of rain, but I see nothing in the way of rain clouds. Yet.
          I have been sneezing the last couple of days....must be something in the air. I wish it would go away.

We might go to the Target store today. E needs to pick up a few things there. I wouldn't mind looking around.
          I promised E I'd make meatloaf patties for him. Also want to make spaghetti sauce with hamburger meat.
          Otherwise, no particular plans for today. E watered the trees yesterday, which I really appreciate. Grass doesn't exist in our area. 🌵

Oh, this may sound silly to you. But Ellis found a rock that I just love. It fits nicely in the palm of my hand. It is multicolored - grey, red, slate color, and a bit of white - and it's layers. Like it has been collecting bits of "stuff" that have combined together to form it. I wonder if it contains a fossil?....but I'm not willing to break it open. As much as I'd like to spray it with clear acrylic and bring out its colors, I don't want to lose the contrast of the dull slate color and the bit of shine in the red/grey agate-like areas. I should like to show it to a geologist and ask about the history this rock carries in it. I love looking at it. I have a few other rocks with color striations in them, but this stands out in another way. (If my mother were alive today, she'd have nothing but derogatory things to say about it and tell me to throw them out. Why do I still carry that kind of guilt around!!!!)

Well, it looks like everyone has plans for today. Right now I'm planning on breakfast.
          Have a great day
          ! ☀️
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Jo, I have a tray on my daycare counter with a plant on it and small palm sized rocks that I have picked up. they look nice when I water the plant and they get wet. My parents always brought home a large rock when they went in their motorhome and lined their drive and sidewalk to their house with them. They gave me a few...one, a beautiful green, my dad told me to keep in the backyard. When I asked why, he said they found out it was the California State rock (?!) and they shouldn't have taken it, but didn't find out until much later when they were talking to some rockhounds...Who knew???One of those questions we always answer with, Only in California!
            It is cooler here right now: only 63*. It has been in the 80's at this time the last few days. Our temperatures will be lower; it is supposed to get to the 90's.
            I am getting a little stressed thinking of packing and getting the dogs taken care of...deep breathing to clear my mind and get a grip.
            Maye, I need a ladder climber. Anytime a tall relative or friend comes by, I usually have something I ask them to do.
            Watering is on my list today and trying to think of a way to shade my begonia out front...it is just beautiful and three small plants that have grown into a nice large bit of color. Why did I plant them there? It must have been shady enough at the time.
            Sharon, have a good day. We have been looking for crates for the dogs, so Becky can take them all at the same time. We have borrowed two and are ready.
            Donna, could you guys just keep the cooler temps for a few more days? I would love to feel chilly!
            I hope you all have a good Monday and enjoy whatever is out there!

Comment

Good morning! Jon is back at work and Sierra still in bed. Since it was so late when they got out of the concert she brought her bf back here for the night. We have Andrew's room and his bed was clean but there is something about having a young man in a relationship with your child sleeping in your house and even if he is just across the hall from me he is in the room next to hers. I felt like I should be on guard all night and you know that is ridiculous and cost me a night's sleep. I can talk a good game on modern morals but when it comes to my kid I sing a different tune. How old fashioned and hypocritical is that? Guess I just let everyone know what an old lady I am! Jon took his old mother out for Chinese yesterday and that is the only reason I dressed. Beth, I am sorry you are having allergy troubles but it is reassuring to know there is something in the air around here affecting others. No allergy med is helping and when you sneeze with a headache....well you can imagine that result! Today I am not going to tell you what I am going to do because I do not seem to do anything for the last week but I PLAN or HOPE and certainly NEED to grocery shop. I mean REALLY! I cannot even feed this young man who is sleeping in my grandson's bed breakfast...unless he wants a glass of milk and a cracker. i need to stop blaming my allergies and get my crap together and do something around here. Talked with my sister yesterday and she was still in her jams at 2:00...she was cold! She wanted to know what I was doing for the Fourth....well it appears I am free. It appears I am free most every day for anything and she never has to work around my schedule. Sooo, looks like I have plans for the Fourth. Oh Paula, just did that run around prepare for a trip ordeal and it just really works out. We were all standing at the door at our departure time with the car loaded. Some of the excitement is in the preparation. Maye and Donna have a good shopping trip. Sharon your days are always full and I agree the camper is your home and it should have every comfort! And yes, have your husband take that cat for it's treatment! Jo, i had rocks set around . You just pick up something that is interesting or strikes your fancy. I have a fools gold rock someplace that my grandmother gave me years and years ago that she found in her yard in Missouri and a rock from Gettysburg that just appealed to me. Gotta go start my day...needing a shot of Geritol...they still make that stuff? I need a gallon!

Comment

Working...
              X