Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday June 24

good sunny morning

today is David;s sister birthday... she is 10 yrs younger than I.. She lives in a care facility.. has problems with respiratory issues and is in congestive heart failure...lives about 2 hrs from us.. so we will be making a visit to her in July... ..also this was my Father;s birthday.. hard to believe he has been gone for 30 years.. ..I still have the birthday card I got him for his 80 birthday.. but never got to give it to him. (:..

still cleaning here and there. finish cleaning the fridge this morning.. cleaned out the bins. lots of old carrots and dead celery ..
    If I get granddaughter here today for an hour or so. I will get the kitchen curtain,blinds done and then that room will be DONE . and thats the main room that people see...hey, I only hit the spots in the house where people will be and see... ... enter my bedroom at your own peril...

to be pretty today.. plan on deck setting later in afternoon.. see you all.
    Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Good Morning...Maye, memories the thing life is made of...I use to hold onto those type of things but not anymore, the memory is a connection between my mind and heart..

Hoping to go grocery shopping today, hubby is gone for the day, time for the cram session to prepare for his real estate license test, he scored high on the mock one he did last night, he is not to concerned, today they will take the mock test then after the scoring is done will talk about it and questions anyone has, he really doesn't think he will need it but is going anyways his broker recommended it..things are slow in this town people are moving out instead of moving in and even though they say the market is good right now I don't see this as a big money maker but more the lines of play money...

Well lately I am starting to question my short term memory, it seems when I let the kitty out in the kittywalk in the evenings I don't remember to let him back in, about three times I have done this, once heard him meowing like crazy, second time he got out and was looking in the window with a desperate look on hi face, and another time I had went to bed and the hubby heard him, well last night no one saw or heard him and he was out all night...he can get out if he really wants to bad enough, well he did get out and was out all night. When I get up in the mornings and open the bedroom door he is always there to greet me, not this morning and my heart started pounding, it hit me I let him out, looked on the back deck and he was not in kitty walk nor on the deck, went to front door and he was on the loveseat cushion and looked petrified, but then was glad to get back in the house to eat. He is now sleeping. What the heck is going on with me, I am getting scared, my short term memory is definitely fading and it really scares me...

Well time to round up some breakfast, get a shower and get my day started before I forget...

Have a great day and weekend one and all..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning.
      The heat here continues, going to be 111° today. But tomorrow another temp drop to look forward to. And now a 20% chance of rain on Monday. I can only hope it'll be real.

Awake today at 3:30, and couldn't get back to sleep. Have a chore to finish in the kitchen, then a shower to boost my awareness.

Yesterday I cooked up some pork chops, homemade chunky applesauce, and mac & cheese. Turned out so good.
      I buy family packs of meats on sale, freeze them, then cook a whole package at a time. I find if I thaw it just enough to take the wrappers and trays off them, I can put the frozen slab of still frozen meat in my electric skillet and slow cook it for a few hours. My favorite seasoning is dry onion soup mix, and the meats come out sooooo good.

Well, I need to get my day started.
      One of these days I need to clean out my fridge, too, Maye.

Have a great day, everyone.

Hi Sharon....guess we were typing together. Don't worry overmuch about your memory. That problem begins at a certain age. They say to eat blueberries to prevent that. Not my favorite berry. We watch Jeopardy, and we try to answer the questions, of course. Certain subjects are not in our general interests. But we come across so many questions that we've "known!" the answers in the past, they're nearly at the tip of our tongue, the tip of a brain cell even, but we can't quite get it.
      But stuff we hadn't thought about in years, sometimes the answer comes out before I think it through, sand it feels good to be right!!! 😊 But I still forget why I went into a room, til I go back to where I was, then go back to get what I wanted. I forget lots of things, but maybe it didn't turn out to be important anyway. In talking to the kids, I find I don't remember a lot of things anymore from back then. Only our youngest girl gets all tears over those lost memories.
      But I've been through several lengthy surgeries. My nurse friends have told me that anesthesia for long periods of time will cut off some long and short term memories. I take things to the kids, and if I haven't piled the stuff near the front door to put in the car, then chances are I'll forget about it. All I can do is accept the fact I'll not get all my memory function back, although I do my best to keep my mind active and hope for the best.
      Last edited by JoGee; 06-24-2017, 08:23 AM.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning! Awwwww......Sunshine today. Yesterday is rained all day.

Yesterday was productive. I iced all the cupcakes before having to go pick up Blaise from VBS. It was my first time making salted caramel cupcakes and oh my was that icing good. I used sea salt in the icing even though another baker said she just used regular table salt. Becca popped in and was waiting to hear from her salesman and the insurance company. They both finally called around 1pm. Blaise & I had already left to go to the library & bank. Got home & Krista came for their cupcakes & cookies for her sister's graduation party today. Worked on getting all the laundry done because I needed some of it for today.

Blaise just left with Mike & Kathy for the day to go to Kennywood Amusement Park. Didn't tell him where he was going. Didn't want him disappointed in case it all fell through. Now Cork & I are going garage saling and picking up our Escape from Becca when she gets her brand new car. Oh you should have seen the green monster when I told Kathy. Of course she thinks we should give her the Fusion and at least let her make payments on it to us.....NO and NO!!!!! She hasn't paid me back the little piddly money she owes me. Told her to get a loan and it'd be all hers.

This morning I already baked an apple pie & called the lady & told her it'd be out on the enclosed porch waiting to be picked up. I'll come home & work on making the peach pie filling for the 3 pies I have ordered for noon tomorrow. I hope we go out to eat today.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Sharon , don't panic... its not just that your short-term memory is being a problem........... I always think of it as ,, the brain is a computer.. and when you get the file almost full. some of the other stuff gets shoved into the back of the drawer ..so take a picture of kitty..paste it to your bedroom door.. .or the bathroom mirror................
          . I can't remember numbers .. so I have my iphone phone directory full of numbers.. a notebook on the desk ,,full of phone numbers... another notebook by my reading chair and a whole file on the computer with everyones phone number, addresses. etc..
          ........ a lot of times when ask my address , I have to do a double thought on what the zip code is..

you only to start worrying is when you can't remember the name of the guy who's laying in bed with you
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning! WOW! What a night.

Storm started around 10p. Mostly thunder and lightening. Ballgame had a rain delay in NY, so we were up really late. Around 1p, huge boom and lightening flash. It nailed the surge protector in the office. Luckily, we only had to reset, but it also got our intercom it looks like. Funny thing, none of the electrical outlets around the perimeter of the house were affected, just two in the interior. I think all of the electricals are ok but have not checked everything. However, when we were actually struck a few years ago, a couple of the tv's and the computer took about a week to die. Hope that doesn't happen this time.

Through it all, we only got an inch of rain, but that's better than nothing.

Well, better get the tester out and check the plugs. Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

Good morning! I was up early and sat outside because it wasn't too hot. I had the hose putting water in the pool and had it positioned so I could hear the water for two reasons: I like the sound and I don't want to forget it is going!
              Sharon, I had a couple of things to say, but I really like Maye's idea of the pictures of the cats. I was going to say set an alarm or timer, which is what I do to remember the sprinkler is on. I read an article that talked about Mom Stress which I think of as Woman in charge stress. It mentioned things like Jo said about going into a room or (what I do a lot) driving and thinking Why am I in here? or Where am I going? We have so much on our minds and to do list that things get overlapped and something gets forgotten.
              But, the other thing I was going to say, just to reassure yourself, keep a little journal to not only write down something you forgot (kind of an oxymoron), but to write down the solution for it, like Maye said about the pictures. then you can see if it fixes that problem or if it occurs again in other situations. And tell Doug so he can reassure you and also maybe, take one thing off your to Do List. You are very busy doing a lot for everyone and the house.
              I called the phone company and cancelled my landline yesterday. I had told myself I needed it to call 911 incase of emergency for the daycare, but when I called the fire dept and talked to the secretary, she said most people have cell phones they call in from and the response time is not impacted. I told her I have a daycare and why I was asking, also that I had called 911 in the past for my husband. She said again it would not make a difference. So, I asked the kids if it would work for them to call my cell. I call them on it, but the boys call the house line. I realized I was holding onto the number because it was Gary's number and those things just are hard for me to give up (the last car we had together, etc). Anyway, I did it and survived!
              Today is a get things ready to pack day. Make sure I have enough clothes and enough luggage. Spencer had asked how many bags we had, but I just said, don't worry! I know the clothes I need and want and that I don't want to be doing laundry at their house.
              It is time to go sort the clean clothes and get the sheets ready to wash. The air conditioner is going strong. Likje I said yesterday, I thought the temperature was going down, but I was listening to the forecast for another town!
              Have a great day and remember how much you all mean to me!

Comment

• maxie
                maxie commented
                Editing a comment
                It is hard to give up things from your husband. i held onto a house i could not maintain alone for years before selling because we had remodeled every room together and he loved that old house. I stopped sending Christmas cards because I could not put my name alone on them. And I keep the land line until I moved in here because it was the phone number given to us when we got our first phone in 1970. The strangest things are hard to do and give up.

Morning! Concrete is poured and the result is amazing! Now they will be back to do the cleanup and lay some rock where the landscaping will be. Cannot afford to do any planting after paying for the new steps and pad. Our yard slopes and we have 4 new steps running into a pad in front of the porch and then 3 more steps going into the back yard. Nothing is flat in this area. Andrew's game ran late last night..not the game but the chewing the coach gave them after. His frustration is showing but get a grip...they stink and have all season and with 5 games left I doubt they will miraculously turn into pros. This team is a result of too many players taken from one team and kids drafted to fill the team. They never gelled and besides are a talent-less mess. Yes, grandma said that. On top of that I froze out there. Temps dropped into the 60s and my jacket was not heavy enough. Went to bed and pulled up all the covers AND actually slept much better. I really need to do some work around here but next week. Jon is back to work and Sierra is gone most of the time so I will have no excuse. Oh Sharon, I forget all the time. The kids will tell me something and I can't remember what and ask again and then I get crap about my mental capacities. I think it is because we (women) keep so much stored that we are expected to do and remember that sometimes we short out. I know I am the only one around here that worries about anything and that takes up brain space too. Things that I automatically used to do I are now worry about remembering to do. So sit back and relax...if you know you forgot then you didn't really forget...you just misplaced that thought for a minute and you are entitled! So far today I don't remember having anything to do. Should pull weeds but there is some allergen out there. Cannot find an allergy med to do the entire trick this summer. So wrote a book of worthless nothing...have a wonderful Saturday all!!

Comment

• Paula A
                Paula A commented
                Editing a comment
                I love your nothing! Coach remarks especially !tell the family since you never seem to forget to pay for so much stuff they can cut you some slack on anything that gets forgotten for the moment!
            Working...
            X