Saturday June 17th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday June 17th

Good SUNNY Morning! Definitely feels like summer around here.

Yesterday was good. Puttered around most of the day cleaning this & that, though it doesn't look great. Took Blaise for his first swim lesson and he learned so much more all by himself. Had lunch, then we headed out to run a few errands. I cooked 6 doz eggs for deviled eggs. Got those made. Taking a little over 10 doz to the party today & the rest is for our picnic/leftover party tomorrow. Cooked a fresh dinner vs leftovers. Everyone was happy. Then headed to the pool for swim team.

We weren't home long before Becca arrived for the weekend. She was actually awake enough to stay up and chat with me for a couple hours, which was nice.

Yesterday I picked up the steroid pack for my poison ivy. I've decided to so "my own thing" as far as dosages. Instead of starting with the 6 and working my way down, I started with the 3. By this morning all the poison ivy seems under control. Good call. The steroids really shoot up your sugar levels. I'll keep the extra pills incase I get another case of poison ivy where it's too uncomfortable. I can deal with my arms & legs, but my face & lady area are too sensitive.

This morning I'm just going to putter some more. I need to get pie dough rolled out & a filling made for one of the pies I have to bake tomorrow morning after we get home from church. I could have baked them today & had them pick them up today, but with new customers I like things to be fresh.

I'll be heading down to my brother's around 3pm to help get food stuff set up. The party starts at 4pm. It's suppose to be a hot one. I'm HOPING my Aunt Jeanie & Uncle Dale decide to come, but it's very doubtful. It's been years since we've seen them. They've kind of secluded themselves. No reason why except that's my uncle's personality.

Have a good one all!
    Last edited by cookielady; 06-17-2017, 07:48 AM.

Good morning!
    I woke up about 4am, so stayed in bed til I saw some light behind the blinds. Just having my cup of tea now. Today may call for a nap. No particular plans for today. Just staying inside to keep cool. The birds did a number on my ripe apples, so I picked the good ones and brought them in. I can't eat apples til after Tuesday, so I might just cook them up for a future dessert. Still have some unripe ones on that silly dwarf tree.
    I think I'll have E water trees for me today, before the temps jump up in the mid hundred-teens. 🌵
    Other than that, nuthin' is goon' on here.

Have a great day.☀️
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning...heading to get a pedicure and donuts in a few. Then home to pack and get a shower. Have to erap.my daddy father's day gift...i am headed to Illinois for the night we will attend the Hoffman family reunion tomarrow.

Comment

Our temperatures are really starting to climb today, too, Jo, so I have been out and doing errands early.
        We have a barbecue for the shelter volunteer cooks at 11:30 this morning and for once, I didn't ask if they needed me to bring anything. So no big salad needed and that has helped my work load.
        I went to the church to clean at 7:00, then the Farmer's Market on the way home. Then gassed the car, and went to my facial appointment. Becky is busy in the kitchen. We are boiling eggs for later, too, Donna. Some to eat just like that and some to devil. I think 1 dozen deviled is a lot!!!
        I had a new top on, but even though it is a lightweight knit I could tell it would be too hot today. So I go the iron out and ironed a couple of cotton blouses and remembered why I like them so much! So much cooler!
        I am drinking lemon water right now and hope you all stay cool and hydrated.
        Enjoy your weekend get together, Donna and Maye and everyone else!

Comment

Good afternoon. I'm at Candie's for the weekend, we got up and went to yard sales this morning, found the most adorable pair of baby tennis shoes, bronco colors, and since Daddy Is a huge broncos fan we had to get them

Comment

Working...
          X