X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is Friday...

Good morning everyone...

rise and shine...

One my kittys was trying to find his voice..And that pitch.Up and down....It was too early....

Good morning all.

Will be painting the garage door frame this morning. All the shutters will have to wait until I get back from Florida vacation.

Hope all have a good day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning...I am so glad its Friday! I got news from my mother last night the latest update on my granny is that the test she had done yesterday showed nothing....They are now reintroducing food....depending how she did with that last night she may be moved to rehab today.....IF not then she will be moved tomorrow...I was hoping for today but found out my parents have been up since 5. Dad had a routine Colonoscopy today. So now I am hoping for tomorrow just because mom will be the one taking her and she is already tired.

My Dad and Uncle at least will be here tomorrow. I am going home with them and then going tomorrow evening with my mother for manis and pedis. IF she gets to come over tomorrow we will have them done here during the day and run to Sam's.

Today's schedule work....volunteering....Walmart...then home. I think that I will have frozen pizza for supper tonight.

Comment

Good Morning!

Yesterday was good. Felt better, except for the new poison ivy. Got meds for it. Blaise found some old crafting books, and has been trying different things. Yesterday was coloring hot rocks. He also made up a sign for FREE POKEMON something and we posted it out by the mailbox. Well he sat outside on our porch for at least an hour or maybe more just waiting for customers. LOL! Kept him busy. He read while sitting out there. In the meantime I worked on the restaurant order, doing laundry, and getting ready for the swim meet.

The storms rolled in around 3:30pm and I kept watching weather.com. It was still raining when we left at 5pm for the pool, but by 6pm the sun was shining. I worked the concession stand. It was fun and busy. We were doing fine, but about an hour before it was all over our 4th person arrived and apparently she use to be in charge of the stand, because she started telling us how we should be doing things. Blaise did great for it being his first time. He came in last, but that was OK. I promised him a new Dog Man book if he tried his best, but I thought he'd fall asleep before he read 2 pages. Well at 10:45pm he came back out for something....he was still reading. Silly boy! I was tired and was in bed before 11pm. My feet were killing me.

This morning I'm going to start working on the 10 doz deviled eggs I need to get made for tomorrow's grad party. At 11am Blaise has his first swimming lesson. I'm getting him private lessons because he gets too distracted with other people around. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring. I need to cook Corky a fresh dinner. We've been working on the leftovers I made last weekend. I cooked big then.

Becca will be coming in later this evening for the weekend. If it's like last week, she'll basically just say hi, and then go to bed. LOL! She likes her sleep.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• determined
          determined commented
          Editing a comment
          Donna, this will sound crazy but I guarantee it works. Anytime you are where there is or could be poison ivy wear a lead sinker and you won't get it. When I was little I got poison ivy really bad, didn't have to touch it just be near it. A man my dad worked with told him about the sinker and from then on I was not allowed to step out of the house without it on. My kids all wore one when they were little and my niece still wears one at all times

• cookielady
          cookielady commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm going to have to try this...thanks. BUT I think I got it from one of the cats who is outside quite often, because I haven't been near the woods.

• determined
          determined commented
          Editing a comment
          My niece wears hers on yarn around her ankle and never takes it off. If you have one on it will protect you no matter how you come into contact with it. I used to get it from the air

Good Morning nor sure what today will bring. Last evening both grands had ball games and we're at times and places that we could make both, was a little late to Keithan's but got to see him play. Need to make sure Ellen is up this morning, she was late yesterday (she switched times with someone and forgot. She just walked through so guess her alarm worked.

Everyone have a great day

Comment

Good warm morning! like 74* at 5:08 when I took the dog out! Yikes! We are to get some record breaking heat in the next four days: record for this date, but one of those days it is going up to 111*, and that means it could go higher. There will be a lot of people posting the temps at their house or car, I guarantee. Facebook will be full of high temps.
          It will be a day to stay cool and hydrated. It is a lighter day with one toddler and his sister going home at noon, and coming an hour later. I like the Friday schedule.
          going through tubs that had been in storage found some wonderful pictures. I posted one on facebook of my daughter (on the right in the photo) in a romper like the one Annie wore in the movie. She and her friend both wore them for Halloween. So cute but for the life of me, I can't remember who made it. The other girl's mother said she thought my mother made it. No! And I know I didn't. And my really good seamstress friend I hadn't met, yet. all the photos were with scrapbooking supplies. I used to go to parties and buy stamps and things, but just didn't get into doing much with them. I had a great time at the parties, though!
          I need to go get things ready for the day. Hope you all are happy, healthy and enjoying your Friday!..

Comment

Good morning, all.
            I'm up at least an hour late this morning. But I woke during the night for a while.
            Yesterday was good. If hot! The thermometer read 106° 🌵 We are on heat alert/watch through Monday, and it's forecasted for 114° then. Mid morning I got my hair cut, finally. Then went to DMV to renew my drivers license. Naturally the hairdo drooped from the heat, so my picture - well, I don't think it even looks like me. I just look different. Oh well. They probably use trick cameras anyway! 😂 Then it was lunch at Applebee's, a stop at the grocery store, and finally back home. Then I spent the afternoon, what was left of it, reading. Reading can be sooooo addicting.
            Today I need to get off my butt and get stuff done!

I did get a call from e-friends in Louisiana. Several emails, texts. One daughter sent a beautiful text last night, and a generous Amazon gift card. We both got gift cards from another daughter. One DD sent an ecard. Another sent us each 3 cards each. Father's Day being imminent. She sends one heartfelt sentiment, and the other card(s) are the funniest we've ever seen! Love it! Our son forgot, unless his cards will be late.

So, today's a new, and maybe hotter day. I really have to get busy.

Hope you all have a great day!!!! ☀️
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
            X