Let's begin another week, Monday has started it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's begin another week, Monday has started it

Good Morning to all that have or will pass this way today...come out, come out wherever you are..

Just had a bowl of oatmeal for my breakfast and had my cup of coffee, waiting for hubby to get out of bed, he wants to go look at a boat today found it on Craig's list, I am leery so I am going with him and will not let him have any money on him...and will be taking pictures, LOL He says I worry to much, I say he doesn't worry enough..

Yesterday was a lazy day, I did make homemade pizza and watched the race...hubby was doing his homework and study group for his real estate..so he was 'in class' all day..

Since the drive for the boat is almost two hours away I will plan my day accordingly, meaning I do not plan on cooking today...

Hope everyone is doing okay, hope things are going well for Maxie...

Time to get this day started and wakey wakey the hubby...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good morning...Spent the biggest part of my weekend being lazy...

Yesterday when I got home from Bible Study I got a call from my mom...She was on her way down to take my granny to the hospital e.r. with abdominal pain. It hurt to much to try to go to the bathroom. While mom was trying to get to granny she got stuck in traffic from an accident. While stuck in the traffic she got a call from the assisted living facility that my granny lives in Granny had fallen and hit her face on the corner of her dresser...so they were sending her to the hospital...so Granny got a ride to the hospital while mom fought traffic....after a complete exam and set of xrays it was discovered she broke nothing her fall...mom said it looked like she had been punched in the face.

The doctor also discovered that granny is/was very dehydrated. They will carefully rehidrate her because she has heart issues...The doctor said granny will stay in the hospital for possibly 2-3 days...liquids only today...possibly soft food tomarrow. Once she is rehidrated and feeling better she will be sent to rehab for a few weeks...we are very happy about this. Mom won't have to worry quiet as much while granny is in rehab.

Please Pray for my granny and for my mom as she returns home today and will have to drive tired....Also make sure that you drink your water....dehydration can do all kinds of things...

Working this morning.....lunch date with social group....life coach lady comes this afternoon

Comment

Could some one please,delete my post. I copied it to this one. Could not figure out how to delete on my phone

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning!

Yesterday was nice. Came home from church & SS, and got busy in the kitchen. Made a strawberry pie for our dessert for the evening...it was SOOOOOO good.....if I should say so myself. I then made a really nice fruit salad. The cantaloupe was starting to rot on one end, but that was the best tasting cantaloupe once I cut off the rotten end.

Becca took Blaise down to the pool for the first part of the afternoon. I took them lunch down. I then made the spinach & tomato alfredo pasta. Was just thinking it was for Cork, since I had made a large pan full of ham & scalloped potatoes, but the family loves both, so they had some of each. My brother Tom & SIL and my Mom came for dinner. After dinner, we shoo'd the guys out and we played cards after we cleaned up the kitchen. We got two games completely played by 8pm, so everyone headed home to watch the Penguins win the Stanley Cup AGAIN!!!! OK...Becca & I weren't going to watch, but I kept checking the score. Becca was going home & going right to bed since she has to work a 16 hr shift today.

This is Blaise's first day of no school. I'm letting him sleep in. I'll miss my peace & quiet. No big plans during the days this week. This desk needs some attention, so that MIGHT happen. Cork is working 10hr days this week, & said he doesn't want to eat much when he comes home, so it'll be leftover for him most of the week.

Yes, Sharon. Be careful.

Have a good one all!

Comment

This morning my "ear worm" actually is "Monday Monday 🎶". 😄

Yesterday when I was fixing dinner, my stupid stove burner caught fire. The stove came with the house, and I've always hated it. I mostly use my electric pot or pan. Yesterday, I used 2 burners, one for hamburgers, the other for hash browns.
          The small front burner wasn't doing much at medium heat, so I turned it up. When I removed the hash brown pan from it, I noticed the burner had an actual fire going. I called E as I removed both pans and turned off the burners. The fire kept going. So he poured water on it and it went out. (It most definitely wasn't a grease fire, just the burner.). If we still plan on moving next year, we aren't replacing it or anything else. The new owners can decorate with whatever their desires are.

Today and tomorrow will be only 95° (before we slam into triple digits again!). The winds aren't terrible here, but they're almost constant. I wonder how the wildfire fares, with no rain in the immediate future.

Yes, Sharon, be careful. You're right about that.

Beth, your granny will be in my thoughts.

Cookie, it's not too soon to start Blaise out with a simple chore he can do daily for you. That cantaloupe was obviously at peak flavor! Like bananas as the skin starts turning brown. And fruits that are on the verge of softening.

Today we have a watermelon to finish up. Yum!
          No big plans for today. I wouldn't mind a bit of shopping, I can use the exercise.

Hope you all have a wonderful day. ☀️
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Monday morning...Today starts my early summer schedule for one toddler and his Chatty Cathy sister. (Remember those dolls?) Anyway, it is a family that is so supportive of me and I don't mind the early start. It means they will get here about 10 minutes to 7 (that just doesn't sound as early as writing 6:50!), when they were getting here about 7:20...so I am up and at it and we will see how it goes on mornings I have to wash my hair.
            It was so windy this weekend we did not grill as we had planned. I have trees that are too close to the grill and I would be worrying about the fire danger.
            Jo, thank Heaven no serious damage or injury!
            I have throw rugs in the wash and now I have to go get the floor swept up. I bought a big box of the Swiffer pads and have no excuse!
            Sharon, where my son Stuart lives, Portland area, there is so much Craigslist business. they have bought all their cars from Craigslist. And sold one that way, as well as lots of other things. I think when you check out the boat and see where the people live and their paperwork on the boat it should help you to make up your mind. Around here there are so many boats for sale all the time! With the river in town and the lakes so close, someone is always selling and buying something bigger. Hope this works out for you guys!
            Donna, I have a table that has to be cleared up today. It is just too easy to bring something in and put it there until I find a better place. this has been my MO my whole life.
            I hope you all have a good, productive day. Beth, I hope your mom gets through the traffic ok and your granny gets the rest and wellness she needs. I am happy your mom's health is so improved she can drive that kind of distance!
            Take care and enjoy today!

Comment

Good morning, all. It has been unseasonably cool here.In the 50s most of the day with a tremendous thunderstorm in the late afternoon. First time Lily has barked at thunder in some time. It poured rain at the same time. Like the water but not the coolness. It was down to 47º thids morning when I got up at 2:30 Wished I could have slept a bit longer but didn't work so up and read for a while and had my coffee.

My back is still doing well. The pain has been around for so long it still surprises me when I don't feel it. Nice to be able to bend over without screeching.

Going to make pancakes, eggs, and bacon. I usually have this for Sunday but I didn't want any dinner by evening and that was when I had planned to have it.

JoG, I have never known of a stove to do that. Could it be that it doesn't turn completely Off? My oven has to be set 25º lower than called for as it burns so hot. My top burners are hot too but at least I can do a decent stir-fry on them. Found the trick to set ti to simmer as the simmer setting is to hot. After it lights turn it almost off and simmer away. Strange.

Well, that's about all for this part of "Sunny California", Take care.

Comment

Howdy!

Just got back in from 2.5 hours on the mower, and I am as dirty as the dirt in the yard. Wow! Anyway, that is done for now. If we don't get any rain, maybe I can wait another week.

Have a good day, Everyone. Gotta rustle up some breakfast.

Comment

Good morning. Not much new here I'm on my own for a while, Ellen I'd at work and Larry went to get the oil changed. Need to make out a paper giving the girls the right to act for me, my voice just gives out so can't talk on the phone to handle things, so it will be easier if the girl's can do it.

Comment

Barb, it surprised me, too. I seldom ever cook on the high temp settings. This is a heating coil I'd previously replaced, years ago. It was the coil itself that was burning. The stove did turn off, but the coil already was aflame. I knew that just before I removed the pan. (Most of my cooking is in the electric cooking devices, or the microwave.). It's hard finding the coil replacements, because this GE stove lists a replacement that doesn't fit! I had to bring the old coil in to show the notch the new one had that won't let it plug in, so I could get a refund. I did find a corresponding generic coil without the notch, same size that did fit. I may never find it again, though. The back burner will run hot on a low setting. The front one is okay up to the medium setting. It's the first time I'd set it to high. Yes, I was lucky no accidents or real damage.

When cooking, I'm constantly in the kitchen. Luckily. I don't like surprises, especially unexpected accidents. We've never had a good GE appliance, this is the second worst one. The first worst was a GE gas stove, I knew it leaked gas, the repairman couldn't smell gas and said it wasn't a problem. We had base housing in NJ, and I knew it had to have a leak....a faint smell in the kitchen gave me headaches..... So I just left the kitchen window opened a bit year-round. Was so glad to leave that place!
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                    X