X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Tuesday time to get uo

Stupid allergies!

Work today...then volunteering

Good SUNNY Morning! Yesterday it was a mixed bag.

Yesterday was good. Worked in the kitchen most of the day. Maxie....I had your pie ready & you never showed up. It was Bumble Berry....my favorite. My big project yesterday morning was cleaning both refrigerators. The day before I sorted through all the contents, so yesterday was scrubbing. The floor ended up kind of wet. There were storms off & on most of the afternoon, and I figured swim team practice would be canceled, but NOOOOOOO, the sun decided to come out for the evening. Us parents FROZE sitting out there while the kids said the water was warm.

My evening project the last two nights as been going through all my recipe cards and getting the organized alphabetically. I have 3 kinds. Those that are single cards, a group of "cards" not yet cut, and then the originals on regular paper. This all started because I couldn't find my Aunt P's cheesy potato recipe the other night. Guess what? I still can't find it. GRRRRR! I have the last group sorted into sections of the alphabet and will finish them tonight. I have it all on a card table in the living room.

This morning I need to bake an apple pie & strawberry pie. Later on I'll be running the pie into the doctor's office. Might be meeting Becca for lunch. Several of us were going up on Thursday to have lunch & check out her apartment. We were all excited and ready. Then yesterday she texted me. She had forgot she traded days with one of her co-wrks that needed Thursday off. They did this a couple weeks ago, and Becca forgot. That was the only day that worked for all of us. DANG! So she has today off. We'll see. Haven't heard back from her. I ask Cork if he wanted to go in too, but I didn't get an answer from him either. What is it with people? You ask me out for lunch, and I say YES! immediately.

Have a great time Sharon! Slow but steady, don't over do it. BTW....a hard a** is better than a flabby one or dumb one.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Donna, got a good laugh at your comment to Sharon this morning.

Agree with Beth....stupid allergies! There is something in the air this morning. I woke with a headache and cough. Sure the world will cave in because it is just 4 days until vacation! Getting a haircut this morning so that may relieve some of the pressure and weight off my head. I needed this haircut two weeks ago but held off until closer to leaving. Gosh people I have a boomer so need to sit and relax before heading out. If I were dying I would not miss this haircut...it is that bad!

Comment

Good morning.

​Already have a load of laundry in, and have had my shower and dressed for the day.

​Man, I must be getting old. Got E's yard mowed and a few other things she needed help with. Then came home and started in on the garage door. I finished it in about 2 hours. If "they" hadn't put spike nails in along the back edge, it would have taken less time. Ended up having the saw two of the spike into.

​I had gone to the lumber yard to get my 2x6x8', and had the bolts backed out before I left to go mow at 9A. When I finished the door at 4 p. , I felt like all my energy had left my body. This morning I will go get the caulking to go around the edges so I can do the painting next week. After caulking, I plan on sitting the rest of the day. Can always change laundry from washer to dryer, and fold without much energy.

Hope all have a good day.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning.
        Not much new here. Still sizzling hot before day's end.
        Always there are chores waiting to be done. I have a slew of 'adult coloring books' that will go in the goodwill bag. I find them pretty boring, and I know people meant well giving them to me when I was hospitalized. But lots of people like them and would be glad to get them cheap at the Goodwill store.
        I did put a hummingbird feeder in the front tree. There's a nest or two up there...I see them coming and going.

Tomorrow is my haircut day. I'm way overdue, too.

Well, that said, and nothing really going on, I should close and get my breakfast.
        Have a good day, everyone. ☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• determined
          determined commented
          Editing a comment
          JoGee we wrt

• determined
          determined commented
          Editing a comment
          JoGee we were talking yesterday about donating to different places. Larry doesn't like to give to good will because the ceo makes lots of profit. He does give stuff to them since he doesn't want to throw it out if someone can use it. Told him to take it to the salvation army they use the profit from their thrift shops to support their homeless projects. Here they have a meal program, a food pantry plus they have the shelter, or at least they used to.
          Last edited by determined; 06-06-2017, 08:19 AM.

good morning

another day on the road.. Dermotologist ordered more antibotics .need picked up... David had two spots biopsied yesterday. to be tested.
        hoping negative results. will know in about 2 weeks.. stop at dollar general . need more graduation cards.. and June birthday cards.

was hoping to do grease balls one morning Donna.. love the hour or so of conversation want me to find, copy, send your Pearls recipe?.

Jostoy... wow.. I still don't know how you get that much done!... you are 45 Right?.or is it 25?.

Bethina.. I agree, allergies are Blawwwwww

Hi Maxie JoG ..Elaine. SassyGirl, Paula. Sharon and all of of you . I will return
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          Post that recipe for us, too, please!

• jostoy
          jostoy commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, Maye, If you add those 2 numbers together and then add 3 more, you get my age. You only look and feel the age according to what you do. At least that is my way of thinking. Now if my back would only co-operate, I could get even more done in a days time.

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi,Everyone....I am here..!!!

Good moning stormy here. Got up fixed coffee Miki got up so we had cereal. Went to the store last night picked up stuff the kids asked for, love spoiling them, also got a few treats for Larry.
        Paula have never read Chris's books, so not sure what they are but like I said she wrote great stories in high school. Of course back then we called her Super Dummy because that was what her shirt said when we met her.

Comment

Thanks for the author information, JoG and Darla!
          the cottonwood trees are dropping the white stuff that flies in the air and makes everyone miserable. Thank Heaven for allergy shots.
          The Mexican dinner last night was good, but more for the conversation than my tilapia with crema. I forgot that most tilapia is farm raised and just has a bottom feeder taste to me. When my kids would go to the trout farm and bring home fish they caught it had the same dirt taste to it, the only way I can describe it. so I will stick to my Wild caught fish and order chicken next time.
          the cookies were a big hit at the grad party and she and a friend seemed to really like the cashew date balls I made. I took them over ona plate I was going to donate and remembered Donna saying she uses yard sale platters and such for her goodies.
          I really wish I had taken some Before pictures of the shed out back. It looks so good right now. I got out the last of the tubs and an old Navy chest of my Dad's that I had painted pink and taken to college and then my girls had used it for all their Barbies and finally it was just full of old doll clothes and toys...When I pulled it out I was so relieved to Not find anything under it, alive or dead! There hasn't been any bad surprises (no skeletons or anything alive, for that matter) and I guess the neighbor's cat is to be thanked.
          I am not sure what today will bring; I know my two school kids will swim, but just haven't planned a whole lot more. With everybody here today we can sit down and make a plan. If the kids are in on the planning, they are able to understand the schedule and know that we don't just go swimming the minute breakfast is over!
          Wish me luck! As I wish all of you a great day. What I really wish is that I could sit down and visit right next to you all, but this is the next best thing!

Comment

Darla, and anyone else interested....
            I posted a thread "Goodwill vs. Salvation Army" in the Subjects of Interest forum.
            I got curious as to the standings of both, and the post contains that information.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
            X