Hello Monday Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Monday Morning

Good Morning, sun is shining, birds are singing, cats are meowing all must be right with the world...

Yesterday was just a wasted day pretty much, I just couldn't get any gittyup and go, so I slept a lot off and on, around 3:00 p.m. I finally got dressed went and did my grocery shopping for our camping trip came home and loaded the motorhome and even bought our supper... Guess my body knew what I didn't, it needed rest..

The reunion Sat. was interesting to say the least, a bit uncomfortable divorce will do that I guess...it would take me a whole big page of writing to get you guys all to know what I mean...and it was supposed to start at noon, be ready to eat, well at 12:45 they were still waiting on people who 'said' they would be there and most of the folks there are in their late 70's, 80's and early 90's and have set schedules and were ready to eat, I said we have waited long enough let's get this thing started, we said noon if they aren't here they can eat when they do get here, my hubby proceeded to tell me I was a hard*ss right in front of his family....I was steaming but kept my mouth shut until we got home then I let it rip!!! And you know what, those people that 'said' they were coming never showed up...Father in laws wife told Doug I wasn't a hard*ss I was just honest and told things as they were and don't sugar coat it...

So this morning I have already made a bowl of potato salad to take along camping, check in is 1:00 p.m. and it is a 3 hr. drive...Shipshewana here we come...
    Won't have internet service will be among the amish but will have my phone so will try and say hello if I can, but if not, you know were I am...
    http://www.shipshewana.com

Have a great day one and all...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good morning yesterday was pretty good...Bible Study in the morning...

Yesterday afternoon my youngest niece and I went to the movies and watched two show...We both decided we loved Beauty and Beast even more the 2nd time around...Smurfs was cute too.

Today is work then home to make brownies .for a friend who lost his wife. My other friend is making the rest of the meal.

Comment

Good morning all.

​Sharon, where you are going is a fun place. You can't see everything in one day. Also, be sure to eat at the Amish Restaurant. Wonderful food. I've been there 3 times with my brother and sister-in-law.

​Today is mowing at E's. After that, I plan on replacing the dry rotted board on the side of my garage door frame. Have already "dug" out the wood filler over the bolt heads.

Everyone have a good day, and to Sharon and Doug....have a safe but fun trip.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good DREARY Morning! Yesterday was a wet one here.

Yesterday was good. Came home from church & Kathy called. They were coming up for the afternoon & dinner. They barely got here & Mike's Mom called. The family was going kayaking and wanted Blaise to come too. It didn't rain as much where they went. I spent the better part of my afternoon cooking. Made cheesy potatoes, meatloaf, and a big skillet of asparagus pasta. They didn't get back until around 8:30. Got everyone fed (we ate around 5pm) and on their way....them home & Blaise in bed.

Not sure what today will bring. The restaurant did call, so I have to get their order ready. I have 4 pies to make tomorrow, so I think I'll roll out the crusts today. I should clean the refrigerators. I hate that job.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning

thanks to David and KD Kat.. I was awakened at 4:30 .. and so it will be a long day... Much needed nap about 2pm!!!!

DAvid has appt with Dermatologist this morning...I cut his hair and have been watching this strange spot on the top of his head.. told my lady Dermt. about it .and she definitely said to get it look at . formy peace of mind, I pushed him into this.. hoping its nothing . let you all know ,, she will probably take a biopsy of the tissue ..

then a sort of fast stop at Walmart. ...

Sharon ,I'm with you... 1/2 hr was a long enough wait.. and I'm amazed the older folks did not start grumbling .. ..I laughed at the Hard A* from hubby... you should warn him.... when we ladies are hungry ,,we get VICIOUS!.. and the older we get the worse we get .. ( and there could be repercussion later. )

see you all later.
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning.
            Woke at 4:30 this morning, because the idiot A/C turned on. I upped the temp and went back to bed for a bit.

Yesterday was weird. Got a call from the theater to confirm our noon reservations. I told them I had evening reservations. They said there was no evening show, and noon was the last run of this show. Great. I said I'd get back with them as I needed to see if our guests could make it. They did.
            They made the effort, and we all got there on time. Found that our table was further back than we like to sit, so I know the gal who made the reservations messed up, and changed it without telling me..... so despite their microphones, we couldn't hear many parts of the dialog. Had lunch during the show, but by the time it was delivered it was a late lunch. Being the last show, they threw in all the extra jokes and stuff they gathered since the first run of it, so it appeared the show had run overtime. We weren't hungry at supper tine, so just "grazed".

The rest of the day was pretty much shot. The temps hit 104° and E said I was looking pale, so we didn't spend much time with good-byes in the parking lot. Still, the heat zapped my energy quite a bit. E's, too, though he didn't admit it.
            I nearly finished the Jane Auel book last evening, but did finish it this morning. It was a good series.

Well, now to see what today will bring.

Sharon, you guys have a great time!
            Cookie, that meal sounds really good! Happy baking today.

Everyone, have a very good day today! ☀️
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
              Paula A commented
              Editing a comment
              thanks for the name of a new author!

Morning! Already off to a grand start since I just lost what I already had typed and was getting ready to head off. Bummer!..now I have to start over on the condensed version and it will not be as enjoyable as the full version so sorry to disappoint in advance. HA! Had a great time yesterday and the rain did not move in until we were switching highways and could not see the lanes to change. I always drive there so Sierra can grab a donut and a nap and she drives home so I can have a beer or whatever new concoction my sister has bought or brewed up. And she was the driver in driving rain and she was lucky I was there to help navigate the lane changes. No one could see and it poured like that almost half the way home. Thank goodness I was not driving....she kept calm and we chatted and even had a couple of laughs to break the tension. I would have had sore shoulders from tensing over the wheel but she was relaxed. But before that we had wonderful sun and the little ones were in that cold pool all afternoon. This morning the sun is out and I have a lunch guest to prepare for. I left a list on the table and I see where half of it was omitted. Does he think I am going to grocery shop, pick up the place and prepare a meal on half ingredients before noon? I think not! And if he does not get up early enough to reshop himself we will have meat and salad. He and Kim have been friends for years and she will understand but I am just a little pissy about it. Plus I had wanted to make a dessert. Donna, can you drop in a pie before 12:00 central time zone? Nothing fancy but maybe a lemon migraine? Sharon you have a wonderful trip and relax...or spend to much money. The Amish make some beautiful quilts. Jostoy geeze I am bitching about half shopped grocery lists and you are repairing garage doors. You are a worker girl!! Beth I had heard Beauty and the Beast was wonderful. Doubtful my grandson will want to see it with me....also doubtful my granddaughter will have the time so guess I will wait for it to come on tv. So I have wasted enough time and actually do have a lot to do this morning. While the rest of the world sleeps around here! Did not pick up any family gossip yesterday but we did talk about a few members...well, what do you expect when the beer is cold and there was my sister, granddaughter and two nieces gathered around the table?..we all share the same brain and certainly do not let political correctness get in our way of conversation. Bet some politicians ears were burning...! Well I am off to shower and clean the bathroom for company. What said company eats is another problem to deal with.

Comment

Sharon, I am hoping he meant it as a compliment! Tell him to put it on a tee shirt!
              And to think they never showed!!!! ok, the positive on your news for me is the trip to Amish country! If you can't post, take pictures for us and post later, please. Gary and I ate at an Amish restaurant in PA and I have never forgot their noodles and dumplings. It is another great day out this morning. I htnk our temperatures will still be in the high 80's today.
              Yesterday was Rylie's 16th birthday and I called and talked to her around dinner time. She texted me a video of her with her balloon bouguet twirling around inher cute dress and High wedge heels! I think all the sports she plays (high school soccer and community rugby) have to help in balancing on those shoes!
              For the first time ever, I wished I had a food processor yesterday. Making those date balls in the blender was not easy and I was afraid I was going to ruin my KA blender, so finally decided it was crunched up enough, rolled them in the coconut and froze and put away for the party tonight. If there is a next time, I will make my choice of healthy treat! I have a recipe I use for daycare that is oatmeal, honey, chocolate chips and dried milk...so good I don't keep it around me!
              tonight before the party, friends asked Becky and I to go to dinner at their favorite Mexican restaurant, so it will be a no cooking night here.
              Becky is going up to Kohl's today. She is looking for clothes, but I also sent her with a request for me. A friend had a nice blouse that was stretchy on the side panels and the rest was cotton. She wore it to the concert the other night and we all were checking it out. I also got a new gauzy top from Macy's that I want at least one more...
              Maye, with my Monday DWTS night open and my Wednesday Survivor night free, I am looking for more books to read. We have been going through our books here to donate and I am trying to find some new authors. Will be checking what you and L. are reading in the Library.
              Have a good day, Everyone and take care!

Comment

• determined
                determined commented
                Editing a comment
                Paula, I just found out that a high school friend has written a series of books. I knew she had written and published a children's book titled "Little Dreamers" but didn't know about the adult ones. I think it is a Christian series. Her name is, Clarissa Draper, have not had a chance to read any of her books, but know she wrote fantastic stories in high school.

Good morning, Saturday the kids had taken some stuff over to Larry's aunt's for a yard sale so went over there for awhile. They had friends from out of town in to go to another friend's wedding, so I went to Candie's for the night. Will go grocery shopping this evening, got to get Miki some teddy grahams. She asked for some the other night and her daddy told her she had to ask me, told him whatever I bing into this house is for whoever wants it, and if she had to ask for it she had to ask him or Ellen. He said they grew up having to ask whoever bought it.

Hope everyone has a great day

Comment

Paula, for establishing historical accuracy, Jane Auel tried to find the same herbs for medications and recipes, and try them out for herself, as she wrote these books. (Well, I don't think she did the drug based, hallucegenic ones.). As you go through the series, there will be references to things from the earlier books, to establish what practices were continued and which were eventually outdated. ( I can't imagine cooking in woven baskets. ) Since these ancient times, we've come a long way.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning everyone..

It rains it pours...Now have to get "NEW" tower...Not good day..And found out how much...
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                  X