Tuesday may 30

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday may 30

Morning my camping weekend was ok. Not the best one ever but ok. The weather was not good. Horrible storms Saturday enough that i was so scared that my parents and I got a hotel room Saturday night. Mosquitos were horrible.

Cori was glad to see me....This morning she is in huge trouble. Woke me around knocking my big picture over my bed off the wall! Luckily I heated her messing with or it would hit me over the head! Bad bad Cori.

I have to work this morning and have meetings the rest of the day.

Tuesday already, where did Monday go? Today, 07:48 AM

I had the day to myself yesterday and I loved it, I sliced up summer squash, zuchinni, onions, mushrooms, then I had shrimp and little round tomatoes and instead of putting them on a skewers I use the disposable grill pans to fix them on the grill...I used a marinade from Lea & Perrins that said for chicken but it worked great...hubby loved his dinner when he got home, said he could eat it again for sure. Was totally lazy other than that...and it felt wonderful.

Not sure what today will bring haven't really decided, will wait until hubby gets up to see if he knows what he wants to do...we are getting ready to put up a partial fence just not sure when he wants it all ordered and delivered...

Sure is nippy out this morning ac during the day, heat at night, I'm to old and achy to be stubborn about turning the heat off and leaving it off, when I get cold it comes back on, LOL

Hope everyone had a safe Memorial Day and remembered our soldiers who truly paid the ultimate price...I don't and never will understand war and why people just can't get alone and play nice...but it has been this way forever and not to change.

Well time to get my day started, the sun is out at least, still to chilly out to open the windows...but it is supposed to be a day that windows can be opened...Have a great day one and all I sure plan on it..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning. Nippy here too weather on the phone says it is 64. Coffee is done now to decide what to have for breakfast.
      Ebil has claimed her spot as queen of the house. Funny she loves Miki but doesn't care for Chase (Larry's x wife's son). Think he is just to hyper. She goes into hiding when he comes in. They live across the street and are all good friends, Larry &Crystal decided that even though they weren't meant to be married they needed to co-parent and that works better with them being friends.
      Last edited by determined; 05-30-2017, 07:18 AM. Reason: I

Comment

Good Morning

very well said Sharon... I could cry when I think of all the men and women who have died in war.. most of the wars of the USA have been to keep us free.. but I doubt they all had noble reasons.. I guess one of the biggest flaws about humans is the capacity to hate..fueled by greed, I guess that is the reason the Bible , Jesus, stresses over and over, we are to Love one another.!..

Grandson David and "friend" stopped in late last evening .. had called earlier in day. he was in Ohio and would be near enough that he wanted
        to stop and see us. so karen and I through a picnic supper together . he was later than he thought , we ate while it light so we could be on the deck. D. and Friend got there about 8.45. ate and we visited .. they ended up sleeping on the couches downstairs.. his Friend lives in Pa.. somewhere below Hershey. he will drop her off and go on home to Myrtle Beach ,.. made for a busy evening but so glad he wants to see us.. thanks to Karen we pulled off a supper. have no idea what today will bring! HA

Last edited by Mayebarnes; 05-30-2017, 03:29 PM.
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! Yesterday was a pretty day.

Yesterday was good. Started my morning off making a coconut cream pie for a customer. Didn't get to go to my niece's last parade since the pie came out of the oven right when the parade was starting. It would have been over by the time I got half way there. LOL! Kathy took Blaise. About 11:30 she called and said they were going to get a bite to eat & ask if I could come get him then. We just KNEW she couldn't handle having him for a whole day. LOL! I stopped what I was doing and went down to get him. He was MAD at ME. It was MY FAULT he had to come home. I told him that it was his mother that called ME to come get him. Took some coaxing, but I finally got him to smile & talk. We stopped at Giant Eagle on the way home since I needed milk. Got him a donut and we picked out some corn on the cob for supper.

When we got home, Cork & Blaise went down to the pool. Cork worked around organizing & cleaning, and Blaise swam. My project for the day was sorting thru Becca's stuff & packing it up. It's been almost a year since she moved out, and she's been promising to do this, but hasn't. I found a whole stack of pants that were terribly wrinkled & cat hair all over them, so I washed them up. Swept all the carpets & it felt so good to have it all cleaned up.

Blaise is on the bus, and I have a day all to myself. Going to mix up some cookie dough & hopefully get it baked off. We'll see. My pantry needs some attention again. How does it get so mess up? Blaise starts swim team practice tonight. Fortunately it's suppose to be a warm day.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning everyone

Rise and shine..It will another day of cloudy...

I had to do the morning chores..And pick up the toys...It looked like war zone..lol...

Comment

The day has started warmer and more humid. It was 70 outside at 6:20.
              It really hit me lst night about Memorial Day. I am on a Widows and Widowers page and there were a lot of photos of graves and flowers, but then there was one of a mom and her three boys. she said they were asked to be in a Washington DC parade as a Gold Star Family. She posted a picture of her husband's gravesite in Arlington. The picture that really got to me was one of her three boys. the youngest one, maybe 8, pointing to a photo of his dad, in uniform in the Middle East, smiling. This boy was smiling, as was the next oldest, probably around 10. But the look on the oldest boy, around 15 (?), just showed me what that ultimate sacrifice meant. He wasn't smiling and had almost an empty look in his eyes. After seeing so many posts yesterday about Thank you for your sacrifice, and then seeing these pictures that showed not only a grave of a life that was given but the sacrifice of boys growing up without a father, a wife without her husband, it all made me think of how much I appreciate each of you and the friendship I feel here. It won't stop the greed and hate, but I think it buffers it and lessens it and softens the edges for us. At east it does for me.
              I have only 4 kids today, so that will be a good way to ease back into the work week. I can always tell when my emotions get a hold on me, because I start buying treats for the kids! Of course, I don't realize it until I am putting away three kinds of ice cream treats, or all the ingredients to bake cookies...or the favorite potato chips. (That may have been a little bit for me, as Sharon might guess.)
              We had our first grilled steaks that Becky made on the grill, no help at all. Meaning, no phone calls to friends. Bobby Flay provided the help by lookin gup on food Network How to grill steaks.So, ribeyes are checked off our To do List and we definitely added to the great aroma around the neighborhood!
              I better run. Those storms looked bad, Beth. Glad you went to a hotel!

Comment

Morning! Yesterday was beautiful until mid afternoon and by 3:30 it was raining. We have another gorgeous start today so will see how it ends. Enough of this rain!! Grocery shopped yesterday but did not cook a meal. Sierra hauled groceries in and helped put them away then was out of here with her work clothes under her arm. The time she spends with his boy is unbelievable. I am trying to keep my mouth shut and not even make a crack but it is hard. We sense she is doing some lying and I must not accuse her of that and be available to her without judgement but it is so hard with my loaded mouth problem! I am going crazy with all this stuff in my head that wants to explode out my mouth!! I hope and pray this is a passing thing because this kid just grates my nerves. Why can't he grow the hell up and look at the beautiful, smart girl he is holding back with his teenage behavior. Sorry but I can't say it to her so guess I just have to say it to you...ahhh. Heard from my sister yesterday and she says looking over the property in the daylight they found two trees in the back had been blown over Saturday. I was looking out the wrong door and missed it! You are right Beth, those storms were crazy wild Saturday! I am not afraid of storms and did stand at the door and watch and knew that particular storm was fierce! My sister said they are on the same electric line as the police station and could not believe we were without power for 11 hours. Think I will throw some chicken breast in the crock pot and make a simple meal. Sierra is working today and no one knows how early she will leave or how late she will be in but I do have food available when she comes in weather she eats or not and most nights she does eat! We have one lone hummer that comes around. Hope he enjoys his private eating area... Blue birds are gone and those darn gnats are back. I ain't a country girl that is for sure! No baseball at all this week..can you believe that? I miss Andrew but need a shopping trip with him before we leave. Might have to take his mother with us the way he cooperates. Unless we are buying useless junk he is not interested in shopping. The boy does love junk! Hope you all have beautiful weather and the temps you desire. I am looking forward to sun and hot everyday of this summer. Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning......soon to be noon.
                  Can't believe I failed to post earlier this morning. I'm pretty sure I was up before 6, but didn't really look. Got busy reading.
                  Remember Jane Auel's series "Clan of the Cave Bear"? Well, I found the series online. I downloaded the Painted Caves book, because she added quite a bit to it. Remember she got very sick (heart, I think), and when she recovered she was invited to France to see painted caves which are not open to visitors or tourists, in general. Apparently she incorporated a lot of the info and descriptions into that book. (Frankly, I'm only halfway through it, and I'm getting pretty tired of "seeing" all these caves.). Fortunately, she weaves it into the story. Having read the original book, I know there's another major theme still to come. Apparently, I have 16 more hours to read til I get to the end of the book. I was on the list of people to contact when she had "a new book" out, and was disappointed that I wasn't contacted when she upgraded the book instead. But am glad to have found this in my general daily book offers.

It's been a long, quiet, uneventful holiday weekend here. E is never quite sure when I'm really over a health incident. But I did get some pampering, which was nice.

Weather is hot. No change there. Yesterday the digital barometer said we'd be getting rain. We didn't. Did get clouds, though, and they are non threatening. No rain in the forecast.

Today I'm wearing a t-shirt that says "IRONY is the Opposite of Wrinkly". I don't iron any more. Knit clothes are more comfy anyway. They don't wrinkle if the come out of the dryer right away and get hung up! 😜

Have a great day, everyone. ☀️

Beth, I think Cori is trying to punish you for being gone all weekend. She may need a companion kitty for when you're gone.
                  Last edited by JoGee; 05-30-2017, 12:36 PM.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                  X