Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Morning Sunday, well Sun would be nice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning Sunday, well Sun would be nice.

Good Morning, went back to read yesterday mornings post, could have sworn I posted but didn't see it, so hello from yesterday and a good day today...
    No real plans for us it speaks of rain so don't want to get ahead of ourselves with any plans...we went to hubby's Grandpa's yesterday, he kept saying how we made his day, we bought burgers, grillin' beans, chips and all that was needed for the condiments lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, and even picked up a few bakery pies. His Grandpa kept saying how we made his day, we just called yesterday morning after we saw it wasn't going to rain and ask if we could come down, hubby then texted his sister and brother to tell them what our plans were, his sister and brother in law came over also...his Grandpa who by the way is 92 lives on the lake so sitting out on the deck is so nice, it use to be a whole lot more private but the land across the channel he is on was bought out and now is a large RV park, lots of boats, wave runners, etc., etc. are now there, not as quiet as it once was but enjoyable to watch..

Thinking I am going to fry up a ham slice I bought, eggs and biscuits for breakfast, sure sounds like a good idea, will start that around 8:30 as that is about the time hubby gets out of bed...My thoughts, prayers, gratitude to our service men and women that lost their lives saving us, keeping us free, please fly a flag to show we remember...MEMORIAL!! And to family and friends we have lost over the years.

Have a good Memorial Weekend..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Good Morning = Good STORMY morning.

Lots of lightening - already 2" of rain. We have some very clean cattle, at least.

Well, salad made for church, now to get me ready.

Company coming after church.

Busy day. Hugs to Everyone.

Comment

Good morning.
      I still have rain envy. We might have some clouds on and off, drifting past and waving "bye" to us. Mostly our weather will reach the mid & high 90's, close to triple digits again. But no rain in the foreseeable future. Our "monsoon season" officially starts on my birthday in mid-June, but traditionally the rain doesn't appear until July 4th. With the changing weather patterns, who knows, it might just rain in June this year.

Quiet day here. The kids are all busy with things in their areas. One granddaughter will be getting her drivers license this week. Don't the kids just grow up too fast?!!!!!

Well, breakfast for me.
      Have a great weekend holiday. ☀️
      Hugs to all.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning! I have a new flag to get onto my flagpole, but not sure if I will, or use the old one. It sounds like an excuse, but I have not done it before and I am worried about not doing it correctly and the flag coming down with the wind...
        Yesterday went well. The change over to Direct tv from DISH took all morning, but the service guy who did it was really good with his information and answering all my questions. Now to get the three boxes back to DISH and see if bundling our phones and internet and tv really do make a difference in the cost like they have been telling me in so many letters, etc.
        the salad I made for Becky's party went over well...but what else would she say?
        We were out in the pool and yard for awhile in the afternoon and plans are to spend the afternoon here after church. I will take flowers over to Gary's grave sometime today to be fully ready for tomorrow.
        I called Stuart yesterday and he sounded horrible...deep cough and just awful. he had been helping someone move (wife volunteered him) and was just getting back from that. I am glad he has a few days off to get better, but couldn't help thinking what a good kid we raised. I don't see him as much as I wish, but he calls weekly and texts when something comes up
        I guess I am getting nostalgic because of this weekend...so glad Becky and I are able to volunteer at the cemetery putting out flags on veteran's graves in the morning.
        I need to get moving. My hair is pretty much dried and not at all styled, yet.
        Have a good Sunday, everyone.

Comment

Good morning. Sunny but cool here. Miki (granddaughter )has been up for awhile but Larry &Ellen just got up.
          Facebook friends, please don't say anything on there, but I'm getting a grand baby in January. They are waiting until the first trimester is up before they announce it. I'm so excited l want to shout it from the rooftop. Love the 4 I have but this one will be mine from the start.

Comment

Paula, that was a Ramun salad dish, right? Fear not! I never met anyone who ever said they disliked it. Most people go back for seconds. 😄

Darla, congratulations on the new grandbaby to be! 😊
            Last edited by JoGee; 05-28-2017, 09:55 AM.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• Paula A
              Paula A commented
              Editing a comment
              Right! And they all liked it, but most had not had it (!), and none had ever made one. My recipe is definitely old school, like from a fundraiser cookbook put out by Home etc teacher's for high schools to sell. My kids call these books Mom's Favorite cookbooks, because I keep them close by and they are well used!

• determined
              determined commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Jo. I have been saying "he" but it is just a feeling I have. Really don't care just want a happy healthy baby

I am home early! Last night a horrendous storm came through and they were without power for 11 hours. It came back up this morning at 4AM so I just stayed up and laundered my towels and bedding and came home early. Less traffic too. They have been waiting for pool guys to make a repair and the pool is shut down so every morning I went out and fished frogs, mice and whatever else took a night swim out. I read three books and slept like a rock until last night until when I was awake every hour worrying about the power being out so long. My niece came up yesterday and we didn't even go out for lunch...just called it in. I have not left the house except to go to the mail box until I left this morning. In spite of the problems it was relaxing to be away for a few days. My sister and husband return home this evening and can check for storm damage outside...lots of trees down when I was driving out. Now I am home and Jon and Sierra were heading out for someplace so I have the house alone. This house is nice and clean and looks like I left it...pleasant surprise. Even smells nice so I wonder what they burned and are masking? Oh well, nice to be home and I will be back later to catch up. Missed you all!!

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! The clouds are beginning to arrive though.

Yesterday was good. We went to several garage sales in the morning & got home in time for lunch. I then got started on making pies. I needed to make a Samoa pie for my nephew's birthday treat which he missed back in February. Then since I had the Oreo crusts already baked, I made 2 more Samoa pies & 2 PB pies. Then it was onto icing the vanilla w/raspberry filling cake. After cleaning up all that mess, I created 3 plates of cookies for today. One for my SS class, one for the nursing home we are going to this afternoon, and then one for today's party.

We worked on the pool some more. It's getting there. Cork mowed part of the lawn. I prepped the charcoal grill for today. Felt accomplished yesterday.

This morning was church & SS. Once I get off here, I need to start preparing a couple dishes for today's picnic/party. Besides the desserts, I'm making a big fruit salad and veggie platter. Need to get the chicken marinading. Then about 2pm, Blaise & I are heading over to Saxonburg to a local nursing home to help with the Sunday service. About twice a year my SS class takes it's turn doing the service. We also take over cookies for snack afterwards. Blaise is reading Flanders Field to them and I'll be doing the Pledge of Allegiance. Then it's home to finish getting ready for everyone coming. I think I counted 15 of us. My niece Maddie will be the only one missing. She's working at Subway. Normally she's the only one of the older kids here, because the rest are working or busy at college.

Missed you Maxie. Sharon....did you SIL have her nose out of joint that Grandpa was so happy you were there and that you were the ones to organize it? Sounded like a nice time.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• boffler
                boffler commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh Donna butter would have melted in her mouth she was so nice, etc. and when she did show up and Grandpa said how we had made his day I proceeded to tell how it all got started and happened, LOL...Its so much different now, at one time I considered my self almost like an older sister to her, but now there is no trust and it feels much different...so many times she has done things of two faced nature so the warm fuzzy's are gone...and truly have come to the conclusion she is actually jealous of me.

Something to do......
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• boffler
                boffler commented
                Editing a comment
                Jo after you try this please let us know how it goes, LOL
            Working...
            X