Rainy Saturday.....May 27th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainy Saturday.....May 27th

Good Morning! Rain, Rain, Go away, come again another day.....or to Arizona.

Yesterday was good. We got some cleaning done before heading into town. Blaise got his room done, which was his goal. I generally take the broom into his room & sweep everything into a big pile, and then he sorts it out. Doesn't look like as big as a job as when it's scattered everywhere, plus I get under his bed too.

We started with lunch at Arby's and then onto WM to get that blessed fidget spinner. We ended the trip with a stop at the library. Got the laundry done and as I was bringing the last load upstairs, I was getting loopy. Tested my sugar & it was 38....WAY TOO LOW. Well I guess in that time my SIL called and I wasn't making much sense. She called my Mom, who in turn had my brother Ray bring her over to check on me. Well by that time I had taken some sugar tablets and was starting to feel better. She was half afraid she'd come find me laying on the floor. I've instructed Blaise what to do if I ever do that with him around....call 911. Cork works with a bad diabetic, so now he says he has two of us to worry about.

Our party tomorrow keeps growing. Invited Aunt J & Uncle D yesterday, and found out that my nephew is in town for the weekend. Got a texted from Becca, and she's coming down for dinner. Sounds like Kathy & Mike are coming too. Everyone will be here except my niece Maddie who will be working. Think I'll call my Aunt P today, and see if she wants to come too. Guess I'm going to have to make more meat. The more the merrier.

Today I have to get my brain organized and the house completely picked up. I'm making the desserts today. I think Cork is going to take me to a few garage sales this morning.

Have a great day!
    Last edited by cookielady; 05-27-2017, 06:54 AM.

Got to start moving and get some things done early. Like go to the grocery and get everything for the Chinese chicken that Becky wants to take to her dinner party.
    When I got up this morning I thought of a few things that still might be in th eway for the guy to set up the directv cables...so I moved my necklaces that are hanging and the floor lamp in the corner...I always swear I am not going to do anything like this again. Until I do it again.
    Hope you all have a great weekend. One more thing I will do sometime today: take flowers to the cemetery. I will probably go when Becky goes to her dinner party. I can take my time and rake up around the headstones.
    Donna, enjoy that family gathering! And everyone else, enjoy whomever you are with!

Comment

Good moning. Let's see if this will go through today. Last couple of days it has let me type a reply but get an error message when I hit to post it. I'm at my oldest daughter's house for a couple of days
      Last edited by determined; 05-27-2017, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Good morning.
        I awoke last night with my sinus' running like Niagra. Had to sit up awhile so it would pass. Didn't make for a great night's sleep, though. So I slept til 7 this morning, and made a cuppa tea.

Thank you, Paula, for your good wishes.
        Yesterday E gave me a bouquet of deep red roses. Beautiful! Also we went out to dinner to what was our favorite steak house. They must have changed management. The food wasn't as great as it used to be. Service was lousy. The wait staff (college students) had no real dress code. We could have walked out without paying, they wouldn't have noticed. The couple at the next table heard us say that, and we're considering it themselves. It was a good 2 hours from being seated to getting the check. They couldn't decide who would service our area. We stopped 3 other guys in the meantime to get us what the last guy forgot to bring. The guy who brought us the bill said he'd be right back.....then proceeded to take orders from another table. We left a lousy tip. I wonder if their "sister restaurant" in Sierra Vista has changed in the same way. These guys grilled steak that would melt in your mouth, once upon a time.
        Oh well. We had looked for another restaurant fitst, but they must have gone out of business. There's a big turn over of eateries here, all the time. Hard to keep up with them. Live and learn, eh?

Nothing else much going on. Haven't heard from the kids much this past week. I suspect it'll be a very quiet weekend.
        But that's okay.
        I hope the winds die down. Through the past week they weren't forecasted, but from noonish til dusk they've been a presence. I nearly expect them to unscrew the trees out of the ground. 🙄

I just repaired one figurine with modeling paste. I hope it works on another just as well. E can be a bull in a china shop sometimes. But I know I'm good at repairing these things. I've repaired and repainted all my moms yard figurines, adding colors to the stark white ones....made my dad so happy. I repaired a 3-D plaster-on-velvet picture of the Christ for a pastor, replacing Jesus' missing nose, then repainting it to make it subtly more "real"..... the original was monotone color, and I just enhanced a few important features with a slightly highlighted color. So, one way or another, I'll find a way to fix
        my fairy figurine. I could probably do this for a living. I love doing artsy things, but my hands have gotten weak and sometimes sore over the past several years. But I persist.

Well, I hope you're all enjoying a wonderful holiday weekend.
        May it just get better and better for you. ~ 🤗 ❤️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          You made me crack up with the walkway no out remark!
          So disappointing when any restaurant gives such poor service! If they have a Facebook page or you can leave a review on Yelp, or both, they need to be accountable for their lack of service.
          45 years is a wonderful testimony to your Love!

Hi Darla. Having trouble posting? I had trouble with it yesterday.
        Hope you're doing well.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good afternoon.

sunshine!.. Donna and I are happy dancing ... and speaking of Donna.. I have to yell at her..... she KNOWS she should always carried a piece of hard sweet candy .. but I will be nice ,, she is hosting the family picnic,/supper... I appreciate the work that goes into these.. btdt...

did a little of this and that... David got the new flag up onto the flagpole .. must have a flag up for Memorial Day

JoG.. we went out to dinner on Friday... and had a Waitress I will not have again... our favorite place. .she was a new employee, probably in 40s
          but she forgot so many things.. had to make trip after trip back .and then stopped appearing at all.. .. they were not that busy so no excuse for such sloppy work.. yes, I sound like a cranky lady... but ,,, if I get good service, I tip good.. if not .I feel like leaving a dime... darn ,Im still cranky.

gotta go.. we are going to go see th house Ian's have put a bid on... out in country...they have to sell their little starter house in town too..
          so will see you all later.. .

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
          X