Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday - May 19 - TGIF

Good morning, friends.
    I'm up far too early this morning. No hint of sunshine yet, at this hour. Must be my imaginary cat disturbing me.
    One more day, sunny day in the 80's today. The winds have been a continuing thing here.
    Tomorrow it shoots up to the 90's again. 🌵

Nothing much worth writing about here.
    I'll check back here later.
    Have a great day. ☀️
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Good SUNNY Morning! Yesterday turned into a pretty day. Threatened rain, but never did.

Yesterday I felt very accomplished. Came home after Bible Study and got busy on the remaining paperwork that all needed answers that I had gotten the day before late. It was like a big weight lifted from my shoulders. Whew! Got a call for a tray of cookies for today and she also ended up ordering 5 doz sandwich cookies, and those had to be made. Got them mixed up before dinner and baked them off late last night.

I think I mentioned that our brand new a/c unit wasn't working. Well here it was a very simple fix. When they left, they shut it off at the electrical panel so it wouldn't accidentally come on before it got uncovered. All I had to do is go flip the switch and I had cool air. YEA! Took it most of the evening to get it down. Another good thing was Cork got the pool pump working first try last night. I went down & cleaned some more. It's actually looking blue this morning. Not clear yet, but that'll happen in a few days.

This morning I already went down to the pool to empty the basket. It was full of leaves & debris even though I skimmed. The leaves on the bottom are starting to work their way up. Also got the plate of cookies arranged & in the refrig to thaw. Will get Blaise up & out the door, then I'm heading to a friend's from church and we are going to sort eye glasses for the mission field. She has a whole set up in her basement with boxes & boxes of eye glasses sorted by Rx. She collects old glasses donated to doctor's offices. They get cleaned, repaired, Rx measured, then marked. Then some of us come in & sort. After lunch I'll ice the sandwich cookies and pack up the customer's order. It's funny...this is the customer that ordered 6 doz of these cookies for her husband alone last fall.

While creating the tray, I noticed I better mix up some cookies & bake for the freezer. Next week is suppose to be back down into the high 60's, so that'll be a perfect time to bake. Oh, yesterday I finished dipping the Oreo truffles, and this morning I bagged up the last of the wedding order. It's DONE!!!! Another thing ticked off my to-do list.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      having eaten your cookies, it is not funny at all! I would want my own stash, too, if I could stay out of them and not eat all at once!

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine...

I took the trash out..Someone had threw away..Homemmade Afghan..So i brought home..And wash it by hand..And drip dry..It is lap size..And the colors are brown and yellow.

It will be spotty showers to day..
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Good Morning coffee is on. Chilly and wet here, not sure who will be here this morning. My son takes the "job" seriously if he comes in and I haven't eaten he heads to the kitchen. My Mom taught him to cook and he loves it. Good thing for the girls neither of them like to. When Mom tried to teach them they told her that they had DJ so they wouldn't starve LOL
      Well guess I will get moving around

Comment

• cookielady
        cookielady commented
        Editing a comment
        So glad you are back. I really missed you. How are you feeling?

Good Morning to all....I am finding out that I have to change my schedule or the order I do things in....I love making my bed before I even leave the bedroom, can't do that now because he is still sleeping, I then like to come in read my mail, Facebook, then here, then the newspapers...well that has changed also...I also would take my meds after eating something, well I will have to keep my meds somewhere besides the bathroom because someone is in there, LOL....like I said, I need a new norm for myself...Now I make breakfast for two instead of one, LOL...yes life after retirement is different and it throws me off kelter..

Yesterday went and bought lots of flowers and potting soil so today I will start to make my flower pots up for the season...yesterday was almost 90 degrees, were as today highs in the 60's so I will do my pots today...Have an oil change at 10:00 and at 11:30 we are go pick up a book curio, buying it for the bedroom so hubby has a place to put all of his 'work' memorabilia, and he has a lot...a friend of mine that is going to be making her home in Hawaii and is selling all of your furniture and she also likes amish oak so it will look great in the bedroom..

Jo we have had a lot of wind here also...
      Sassy hope it is in great shape after it is washed...
      Cookie that happened to us also when we had the house built, it was December so they did not flip the switch, guess they figured we would check that, like you we did not, LOL And as always you are busy, busy, busy...
      Darla, so happy that you have your family looking out for you, you need to get yourself healthy again and watch out for you...Good to have you back here with us.
      We just keep losing more and more here and it is sad, remembering such good times we all use to have...time passages..

Maxie I hope you are breathing a big sigh of relief with the *itch gone, I totally understand how you feel, so the post about how you felt needs no apology, sure we have all felt that way and voiced in one time or the other...I just hope Sierra lets it go and appreciates the life you are offering her without said evil person getting in the middle of it.

Have a great day one and all, the sun is coming out, will read the news, get my shower, then get my day started...
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Wow...a doozy of a storm came through early this morning...sounded like one anyway with all the noise but I did not get up to check. Just rolled over and went back to sleep. Jon just texted from work to see if I had power because they do not. My sister and niece are coming today and we will do lunch and I bought an ice cream pizza is needed. If not Andrew and I will use it as a last day of school celebration. Hot yesterday but now off and on chances of rain the next couple of days will knock the temps down. To bad! I like the heat. Ask Sierra question when she came in after work and got a very evasive answer. Wonder how long it will take her to realize we are not interrogating but asking a simple question? Her dad did not go to bed until she came in last night and he has to get over that. She is 20 and he has to get up for work at 4:45. I did ask if we could put an app on her phone about where she is at all times...not to check up but to know where she is since she is now traveling country and secondary roads to get home at night. Well, we all know where that lead balloon landed! Need to mop the kitchen floor and should start a load of towels; shower and pick up the kitchen. Andrew has early dismissal today and is finished up for the summer. Our pool is not up yet. Jon wants to start it but Andrew is not interested. In fact, got a little belligerent when ask...Jon got mad but let it go. i get mad and the kid knows it! and he gets up and does it...alright eventually he gets up and does it. I am not mean but I expect you to help out around here just like you expect me to produce whatever it is you need or want. Or I will moan, groan, complain and jut plain bitch until you get tired of hearing it and finally do what I ask. Yup...I ain't as sweet as you think... It was bright when I woke this morning after the storm but looks like rain now. Fun Day at school may be a crowed in the gym day. Summer schedules start around here now...leave to house sit next Wednesday then home a week and we leave for vacation. Then the new sidewalks will go in. I am so ready to start a new season!!!

Comment

Hey, good morning! It is Graduation day for Becky and I took the whole day off. I have too many parents, well, 2, that are always a little late and one that is a lot late at times and I just didn't want to have any stress today.
          I have already loaded all my photos from my phone onto a memory stick (I think that is what it is called) and now will start deleting. I love going through my phone and seeing pictures...and am so afraid of losing them. But I need space to take pictures today and I needed to get more organized anyway.
          I didn't find a new dress to wear today, but decided to wear some black linen crop pants and one of the new tops I did find. It is white with thin black stripes and when I saw what donna wore I figured I could, too.
          We will be in the 80's today. It was 62* when I went outside to drink my smoothe at 7:00 and feels really nice.
          I don't think I mentioned here that I did the DNA testing. I got my results back and was so surprised. I had grown up thinking I had ancestors from Portugal.. Not one percent! 82% Great Britain, 4% Scandinavia, and 14% Europe West. Which is my Netherlands ancestors, mostly, that I knew about. I also knew from my mother's side that I have Irish ancestors, but I was surprised on the rest. I sent for a kit for Stuart, so that will show Gary's side and one for Spencer's son so it will show his Japanese side.
          Hope you all enjoy this day as much as I will!

Comment

Good Morning.

Already 10a here and it is heating up fast. Had to get out very early to do my yard cleanup, garage and porches, as well. I bought all new entry rugs for the 4 doors, and they are supposed to arrive today so I threw out all the old yesterday and am ready when they arrive.

Ribs left over from yesterday, potatoes and corn, as well. No cooking! Yay!

Have a great day.

Hugs to Everyone ~ Darla, so happy you are doing well and being looked after. I love a man who cooks.

Comment

Working...
            X