Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday ~ May 18 ~ Good Morning!

Howdy, All!

Darla, it is so good to hear from you. So sorry for your health issues, but very glad your family could help.

maxie, I thought life should slow down as we get older. Yours sounds like a whirlwind.

Cows are even louder this morning. Weening is a very tiring process, and I'm ready for this nightly chorus to end!

John has already cooked, eaten, and cleaned up his breakfast.

Jo, the only things I have on my counter are coffee pot, toaster, and paper towel holder, and I wish I could do away with those.

Trash Day! Ballgame! Laundry and cleaning done. Should be a good day all around.

Hugs to Each of you.
    Last edited by ladyebug; 05-18-2017, 06:30 AM.

Good morning...work..volunteering at a new place today...the place that gives me rides to places...I am volunteering in their office...not sure how long I will be there today...then tonight I am going out to dinner..with the activities group that I am a part of...the guy that I really really really like is supposed to be there so it will be good.

Work yesterday was long and hot..then I volunteered at the adult day care...that was so much fun...the band was there and they played some traditional church hymns like In the Garden and I'll Fly Away...found myself singing with them..!

Please pray for my mother...don't really want to give detail other than my granny is being a little bit difficult. It happens every May!

Comment

Good Morning! Looks like it may rain. Yesterday was hot & sunny.

Yesterday was good. Headed into town first thing & got the cookies delivered to the doctor's office and then onto Aldi's. Got everything put away at home, and then went to meet Sue to deliver her cookies. I had invited her out to lunch, but she woke & decided no eating for her...again. She had an appt with her PCP right after we met. She felt so miserable. Here they put her in the hospital. Kidney stone, infection, and sever pain. I'm glad they took her seriously.

Came home & plopped myself down in front of my desk. Tried to complete some paperwork. Didn't get too far because I ended up with more questions that needed answers. I did get my checkbook balanced though. Went down to work on the pool...skimming it. Put all the chemicals in it & ready to switch on the pump. The pump works but the filtering thing wasn't. GRRRRR!!!! This pool is a pain in the butt & wallet. Came up to the house & switched on the brand new a/c only for it to not cool the house. I have a call into Rob about it. At least that fix shouldn't cost us anything since it was just installed a few months ago.

This morning is Bible study. Hope to dip the last of the Oreo truffles and then the wedding order should be complete. Will try to finish the rest of the paperwork. Got the answers needed...I think. Printed off Swim Team enrollment form this morning, so in a couple of weeks Blaise will be doing that. They give them a trial week, and if it doesn't work, they give your money back. I think he'll do fine.

Elaine...my counter tops would drive you nuts.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good Morning not sure who will be here this morning Ellen leaves for work early and there isn't a need for anyone to be here to watch me sleep. Minutes on my phone and Ellen works five minutes away so they are allowing me some space. I'm sure they remember my telling family to let my Mom to do what she felt up to doing.
        Boff I'm back in NE because the girls wanted me where they could take care of me. My wonderful son-in-law told Ellen to bring me "home" so she did

Comment

Morning! Flying through. Today i have to clean the house for company tomorrow, get some food in this place, do laundry and still find time to run to Staunton and help Sierra load some things. Can you believe I have to drive all that way to help load and then drive all that way back home when mommy dearest is right in the same house with Sierra but to busy? I am sorry but I must say WTF? The moving truck pulls out Saturday morning and I for one will be standing on the out ramp waving a sign saying MINNESOTA IS A GREAT STATE FOR A COLD HEARTED B**CH! That probably wasn't nice but you can think poorly of me if you want...way past niceties with that one. Anyway, game last night was cancelled when we were 10 minutes from the field because one of the coaches with 3 boys from the team riding with him were in a car accident. Gossip is no one was seriously injured but all were taken by ambulance to be checked out and his car totaled. This team has 2 extras so if anyone is on the disabled list we will be forfeiting an entire seasons worth of games. Just glad it wasn't any more serious than it was. Sun is blinding in the front window! Either I am not up this early most mornings or today will be an exceptionally sunny day. It was so windy yesterday parts of the interstate were closed due to dust storms just north of us. It has been terrible windy here all week and with the freshly plowed fields everything is blowing. Poor farmers were flooded out last week and this week it is high winds and blowing dust..they cannot win! Well, I have got to get moving. Not enough time this week but with school out Friday life should settle down into a nice lazy summer theme. I'm ready!!

Comment

Good Morning

so far, sunshine... yea

had one of those nights where sleep just would not happen.. up down, read. finally about 3 I slept. ,, until 7am. however I will be dragging all day.. thats ok too... have a trip to library, bank and dollar store in our little town of Saxonburg..4 miles away..sometime in the noon hours..probably could clean a little nook somewhere I have some "too big" slacks that need packed ready to go somewhere..

Maxie, hold the sign up nice and high.... and hope Sierra finally knows what her Mommy Dearest truly is like ...

Hi Darla, some son in laws are dear to the heart, I have one of those too..
            Bethina, prayers for you Mom. and Granny.

Elaine.. oh to have a hubby who cooked.!...DAvid does make the morning coffee ..and that his big deal of the day

better do something,,,check the cupboard for those almost empty containers..
            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good morning! I am late here and will read everyone's posts later.
              Beautiful morning and tomorrow I am taking the whole day off for Graduation.
              I missed the post about counter tops but mine are always on my to do list. Clear them and find a place for things...my toaster and my crockpot are on them, but I also have canisters and cookbooks...
              It is getting warmer today. At 6:30 last night the temp was still in the mid 70's.
              Donna, maybe the a/c just needs coolant?
              I have to go open up the daycare.
              Be back later! Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good morning.
                A sunny day ahead, in the lower 80's today. My little dwarf apple tree surprised me by being full of apples (regular sized ones at that)! I want to go out and see how ripe they are. They used to taste like Gala apples, but last year was tart like Granny Smith. Wonder what this year's tiny crop will be like.

My PCP prescribed Miracle Mouthwash for the painful effects of my summer cold. She warned it'll taste horrible, even diluted. I didn't think so....it does have a metallic taste, but a clean one like putting daddy's steel work tools in your mouth. (My dad was meticulous about clean tools.) What was horrible to me was the feeling of a greasy-like coating in my mouth, I hated the texture. But it did relieve the pain instantly. So I can deal with it til this cold passes. May have to replace my tube of Blistex cream before this stupid cold sore is gone. It's about halfway gone, and doesn't bleed so much whenever I open my mouth. Growing up, I never had cold sores. The online Med doctor says an impaired immune system is likely what's made me susceptible to it these last few years.

Will be cleaning out cupboards today, putting stuff in boxes to give away or donate. Then I'll manage to get stuff off my counters. My KA is always out. I need to make more room to store my electric appliances, and give away the ones I don't use much any more.

First, I need some breakfast before I start my day.

Have a great day, everyone! ☀️
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                X