Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday ~ May 17

Good Morning, Everyone.

Did not sleep much. Have been awake for too many hours. Too much reading, perhaps.

John is doing well after yesterday's transfusion. He was hooked up by 6:30a, and would have been finished by 10a, but doc forgot to order 2 units and they had to wait for the second.

Must do some scrubbing up today and a little laundry. Could have a few rain showers heading our way.

Hug to Everyone.

Morning...i am getting tired of working shot at work. We all are!

Yesterday was just all the way around really good. An ok day at work...then spending biggest part of the afternoon with my mom and sis. I got to see the goats they are sweet.

My Cori is being a bad kitty..2 nights now keeping me up!

I will volunteer after work today..then crash
    Church is a mayb

Comment

Good Morning! Lovin' all this sunshine. Yesterday FINALLY got warm.

Yesterday was a busy one. Took the car to the garage for brakes, so I was stuck here at home....dang! Baked & decorated the stars that were ordered, then made 2 carrot cakes for the freezer. I clean up the kitchen, and clean up the kitchen, and clean up the kitchen. Did I ever mention how much I HATE cleaning? LOL! Mixed up another batch of Oreo truffles and made the caramel filling for the brownie cups. Then mopped the floor. Then made dinner. And cleaned the kitchen AGAIN. Helped Cork removed the cover off the pool. Now the ball is in my court....chemicals & back washing. Cleaning...AGAIN.

This morning I'm delivering cookies to the doctor's office. That's what the front desk gal picked last week. Works for me since I have them in the freezer. Onto Aldi's and then home. Getting banking stuff ready, grab the sugar cookies, and meet up with Sue for lunch and give her her cookies. Then home to the pool work. Kathy volunteered to come up this weekend and vacuum the pool to get the bottom & sides cleaned. Looked at next week's forecast & can you believe it's to be down into the 60's again. GRRRRR!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Just got a texted from Sue....no lunch...her stomach is messed up. Dang! I was looking forward to someone else cooking & cleaning up.

Comment

Good Morning and a beautiful one it is outside...love mornings when the sun is out, weather is not to hot, and a gentle breeze is blowing, now that is the way to enjoy a cup of coffee on the deck...thinking of you Maye, enjoying coffee on the deck yet?

I bought a curio cabinet about two months ago, hubby said I need to unpack my Boyd's Bears and display them or get rid of them one or the other...so maybe today is the day I unpack them and put them in the curio along with some other cherished items that need displayed...I have a cookie jar that we had growing up, one side is Jimminy Cricket, the other side Donald Duck, a lot of the paint is worn off but it is still beautiful in my eyes...my Mom made the best sugar cookies I have ever eaten...good memory.

Speaking of Boyd's Bears you hardly see them anywhere anymore, think they were sold when country décor was so popular, it doesn't seem so popular anymore but I still like it and feel much more cozy with that sort of décor..

Well I did get my grocery shopping done yesterday, hubby went with me which makes it so much easier, he unloads the cart, and unloads it to the trunk and unloads it when we get home...I like that and he even helps unload and put things away. So even though he can drive me crazy he has so many redeeming qualities...

Well off to fix some breakfast and get my day started...Have a good day one and all..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            Sharon, you can always rotate your figurines and use them to create seasonal vignettes and to accentuate photos and other items on the shelves of your curio cabinet. Hope to see pictures when you get it arranged!

good morning here, too.
          It is garbage day and the trucks haven't got to our street yet, so I was able to get another bag out.
          Growing up we had a cookie jar that was two sided, too, Sharon. One side was a boy teddy bear and the other was the girl. My mom still has it.
          I have a couple of Boyd's bears. One is a cute girl bear standing next to a sunflower. I have it up next to a picture of Gary on top of the armoire with my Spring stuff.
          The rain from yesterday is gone and the sun is coming up here. The trucks just stopped at my house, so with the empty cans I can start clearing more things from the patio and shed. The shed is almost all cleared out. I have been sweeping it and wiping down the shelves. There will be a big yard sale for the shelter and some things like the Christmas tree stand, punch bowl cups (who knows to whom I loaned the bowl?!) and glassware I have had in boxes will go to them. That is where we will donate the things from the storage unit and then I will bring the ret of the storage unit things I want over to the house and my yard shed. I have lots of Precious Moments figurines and ornaments I am storing for a friend but I just can't keep them in a unit that goes up so much in one year!
          Can you tell how much I think about this by allthe time I am talking to you about it? Enough talk and now I need action!
          Donna, I will be making the dog cookies today. I have all the dough ready and will bake after daycare.. I also have enough sweaters and pillows to make 4 more dog beds. The fundraiser for the pet shelter is this Saturday. The day after graduation...Keeping busy, for sure.
          I have to go bring in those cans and get my day started,
          Hope yours is good!

Comment

Good late morning for me. Very overcast and windy but warm...rain maybe tomorrow. Last nights game went long and we did not get home until 11:30. Jon and Jamie had to strip Andrew's uniform off him so I could get it washed for tonight's game...kid was dead to the world at that hour. Today he gets off the bus at 4:00 and will come straight in to change so we can be in the car to head out. His game is at 6:00, he has to be there at 5:30 and we have an hour drive plus find a minute to get food into him. His mother will meet us after work so the rushing is on us. Good side, I do not have to cook...bad side, I have to eat at McD's probably sitting in a parking lot at the ball field! We won our first game but it was one of those we score 5 they score 6..makes for a long game. Andrew was hit by a pitch and scored so he was happy crossing the plate. My niece texted last night and she and my sister want to come Friday afternoon to visit and do some girl time. That is the day Sierra will be totally living here and she is creating the biggest mess in the hall with her junk. I will have to clean around that tomorrow but what I am really saying is I will clean up her mess so I can at least shut the door to her room. She has things stuffed in Andrew's room and I will be glad when this move is over and I can get my house back...I like neat! I should grocery shop today but Jon is off tomorrow and like Sharon it is easier to have someone do the lifting and help out it away. Then I have to clean and gt a gripe on things for company...my sister has never been here. wish she would have waited until the new concrete work is done in June and the porch painted but it is what it is. I will send her pics! We are so god for saken out of the way that no one comes here plus this miserable road/rail construction. I don;t even want to come here!! Beth glad you had a good day and Elaine that John is doing well. Sharon I have the cookie jar my dad gave to my mom many years ago...a big red apple! I ask daddy for it after she died. I have seen them in thrift stores and antique shops, some in good shape some not so good but I mine is in ok shape cuz it was used and I love it. Cookie, I am not baking for my company. Thinking of an ice cream pizza. I wish I enjoy baking and cooking more. Have nothing more to say...you are already thinking I have said enough..

Comment

Good Morning!
              Yesterday turned out to be overcast, but the sun peeked out periodically, and it was still rather windy. But not a bad day.
              The doc appt went quickly. She sees us together, and it goes faster. Because my mouth is so sore, she called in a prescription for "Miracle Mouthwash". Warned me it didn't taste good. No, it tastes very metallic, but that's not what bothered me. Even diluted by 50%, it has a yucky texture. A thick, greasy feeling. But it did take away the soreness immediately. I'm already doing the right thing with the cold sore, though it keeps breaking and bleeding. But I think the summer cold is on the wane, and I'll be SO glad when it's done.

After that we browsed at BBB. E selected new bed sheets, and got my a veggie spiraler. He said I need to discard a bunch of stuff from the countertop for it. Okay by me. Then on to Joanne's for some crafting stuff. I picked up a couple of gemstone barrettes, that might end up with a daughter or granddaughter. Pretty, but my hair has gotten thin and they clip in awkwardly. Darn it.

Well, today promises to be sunny, and back in the 80's --- in the 90's again come the weekend! It seems that rain storms have passed us by, giving this city a wide berth. We've already had grass fires going. A few weeks ago there was one that burned up 58,000-60,000 acres. Some guy set up an explosive target and shot at it. What an idiot. Last night we heard that the back of Old Bisbee burned up. Gotta check today's paper on that. Bisbee is a town now full of artists, crafters, various restaurants and gift shops. From the past, it's where a lot of movies have been filmed. Not just westerns, but also some European settings, especially where the homes are uniquely set up the mountainside. A lot of history there.
              So, if you guys are over-blessed with rains, please have Mother Nature send a bunch of it our way!

Well, time for my mocha. And to go get my newspaper.
              Have a great day, my friends! ☀️

Darla, do give us more detail on your condition and new environment in Nebraska. Are you doing better? Are you happier there? They must love you a lot to have one of them with you constantly.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning. Rain here, storms off and on all night. Called Maryanne this morning mutual friend had told her of my health problems so she was happy I called.

The Dr. Put me on the metforman I thought I had just picked up a cough from the 2 year old. I was kind of keeping to myself since we had other little ones around and I didn't want to share it with them. Monday after Easter called the dr office and they said go to the er. Had my niece take me next thing anyone knew they were loading me in a helicopter and sending me to a bigger hospital I knew people were talking to me but what they were saying made no sense. Guess I was there a week before I knew anything
                Last edited by determined; 05-17-2017, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Darla, that's kinda scarey. I can relate, though. After 10 days in the hospital with no food, just IV with nutrients, I started to hallucinate at night. The 3rd night I didn't know who I was, and thought my room was a thrown-together shack. I remember very little of it now. Getting reality straight was my main goal after that. They did take me off the IV crap, though, and my stomach didn't want much real food for a while. People are all different, and there's no one-size-fits-all medication out there. Hope you're doing better now.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                  X