Monday April 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday April 10

Good morning..I honestly don't know how I am out of bed this morning...between allergies..and soreness from playing kickball and taking a hard fall while playing...I feel rotten..

I laid in bed an extra 15 minutes this morning talking myself into to trying to work...I have a migraine type head ache from allergies.. Its only 4 hours I should be able to make it...

The kickball tournament was a lot of fun...until I fell...then they wouldn't let me play in the next game...didn't want to me to risk a major injury...and the little girl that I was going after with the ball felt horrible....thought it was her fault I got hurt...so I spent to some time letting her know that I was ok...and then after a bit she seemed fine...

Work and walmart today...hoping its not raining when I get off work...if it is I will find a ride home...

Frozen pizza for supper...then rest..

I am starting to think about what I want to take with me this weekend also..I am going to my parents for the weekend for Easter....I will meet a group of friends for lunch and go see some other friends...that wont join us for lunch...one because she is hurt another because he won't want too...the rest of the weekend will be spent just hanging out with my parents not doing a whole lot of anything other that watching tv and reading.

Good morning.

​Got home around noon Saturday. Got all the work done that my sister-in-law needed done. She and I also ran the streets all week in the rain and wind. Of course the only day that the sun shined, was the day that all the "girls" had picked to go to the movies. We saw The Beauty and The Beast. It was an excellent show.

Need to try and get my garden tilled this morning before the rain and storms hit this afternoon. And it will not get done sitting here in front of the puter. I will bid you all a good day.

The good Lord didn't create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

good morning ,,

Hi Bethina,,, ouch,, you sound like you are hurting just about everywhere.. fun does have a price ,right?.

going to make big pot of spag. sauce for daughter.. she brought me lots of goodies last week from the store.. yummies..

want to go through the house and collect some things for the Church's rummage sale..David had laid out a pile of his dress clothes that are too big now.. and they are going to have a clothing rack.. so think I will do the same with some of my good dress slacks.. I have shrunk two inches and lost enough weight. that I hope I would never wear them again.. My knees appreciate the lost weight.. .. plus there must be some STUFF I do not need or want any longer ...

I will be back to read about YOUR day ..

JOSTOY... you are soooo right about the mosqitoes.!
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Totally Agree about the mosquitos, too! My one toddler is covered in bites. My yard doesn't seem to have them, but the guys who live out in the country or go for walks by the river, are causing a feeding frenzy with them.
        I realized late last night I didn't get here at all yesterday. I woke up late and then just got behind on my time. Becky woke up with a bad back and didn't go to church. I was busy with getting her warmed rice bags for her back and doing things for us...I guess that is my excuse. We both went to bed early and I was happy to see she felt better today, but moving slowly. She isn't sure what caused the back...
        For an activity with the girls at church we are planting flowers in front of the church. I am in charge and will be going to buy some this evening which gives me time to go somewhere else out of town tomorrow if I have to for our Wednesday group. I am thinking bright colored primroses, marigolds and some filler plants...there are agapanthas (Lily of the Nile) plants in the area so the flowers will be in front of them.
        this coming Friday is our last shelter dinner for the season and we are making Million dollar spaghetti, so I will be making spaghetti sauce, too, Maye.
        I need to get going on my day for the kids. Hope your days is well on its way to Great!

Comment

We are also have spaghetti tonight...made the sauce friday but ended up freezing it. I did not catch the weather this morning but by the looks of the sky we are going to get rain. Whooppee!! more rain, but at least we had a beautiful weekend. Off to get a haircut this morning and check if I can get a walk-in pedi. I now that is futile but I will try. Need to go back home Thursday to help my aunt move into assisted living and would hate to make a third trip this week just for my toes. But you know I will if I have too and if I can even get in...forgot this is the week before Easter. I have a gift for the kids but need to remind Jon to fill baskets for his kids. Beginning to thunder so guess the storms are starting. Anyone have an idea on how to get rid of snails? They are using the hostas as a cafeteria!

Comment

Good morning.
            Looks like we've got summertime. The temps get into the 80's, and it looks like we'll break into the 90's in a few days. Hot!

I totally agree about the mosquitos as well. You can also add spiders 🕷 to that, if you will. I S aw a tee shirt that read, "If spiders ever grow wings, I'm off this planet!" 😂

We had a quiet weekend. I read a lot. I've got different books on 2 iPads and my Kindle, so if one suddenly needed charging, the others were ready. Also finished reading our friend's new manuscript. He's funny. I've learned a lot about the Filipino culture, and their islands are beautiful. But in comparison to our lifestyle, it's rather primitive.
            While I read, E got the tax papers together, and got that done and electronically sent.
            I looked at my pitiful garden plot. E may as well disassemble it. Most of the dirt either seeped out in the wet season, or blew out. It will take a small fortune to refill the raised bed. At best, I may do a planter or two. It's kinda late in the season to start now though. But I like fresh tomatoes and bell peppers. E begs me to not grow zucchini or eggplant. 😂 If we decide to move, I can forget gardens, though.

Beth, hope you feel better as your day goes on.
            Welcome home, Jostoy.
            Maye, I think I found some of the weight you lost. I'd like to peel it off and stick it in the Goodwill bag. The thing is, E jumps up to do things for me, and really I need to get around and do more for myself.
            Paula, I hope Beckys back is better today. What is Million Dollar Spaghetti?

Have a super-duper day, everyone. ☀️
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
              Paula A commented
              Editing a comment
              It is a layered spaghetti with noodles ( cooked) 1/2 on the bottom of dish, then a middle layer of cottage cheese, cream cheese, then other 1/2 noodles with the meat sauce on top. I can post the full recipe in the kitchen if you want it.

That sounds so good to me....but I don't think E would like the cottage & cream cheeses in it. But maybe I can get one of my daughters to make it for when we visit. So yes, please post it. Thanks.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
            X