Tuesday 4/4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 4/4

Good morning...work yesterday was long and a bit frustrating but I made it through...I found out we qualifty for double bonus or come pretty close to it at work for this quarter...we are crossing our fingers waiting on them to double check the figures from our store...

work today...meeting this evening...

Good morning everyone..
    What crazy we are having..Yesterday we had rain..To day we have sun..And tomorrow we are having rain and snow flakes..

Comment

Good Morning.

Nothing new here. Cancer center everyday for injections.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

Good morning..

Dr appt this forenoon.. dermatologist .. get a check up about every 9 months.. once had a spot that was taken off with nasty little cells about 5 yrs ago. so get checked out .have a lady derm....

not much going on. reading a lot . still sorting out the music files. almost done.. got a bit of sewing to do . I have shrunk in height and weight,all the good summer slacks are dragging .on the ground ..darn.. also wish I knew how to take them in too ..... will experiment on an older pair..

thinking of you all.. be back later ...
        Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Good Morning, Donna and Boff fussed at me for not checking in here. Seems I'm on-line later in the day (to late for the morning post) or some days not on at all. Not a lot going on. Did get my hair cut, it's not actually like I wanted it but it's at a manageable length and I can cut it the way I want later on. It hasn't been actually cut since probably 1973/74. Didn't go real short but shoulder length. Finished up a baby afagan for the great great niece who will make her debut in May. Have a pattern for an elephant that I'm going to give a try since her Mommy is doing her stuff in elephants.

Comment

• cookielady
            cookielady commented
            Editing a comment
            OH I LOVE when my nagging works. Glad to see you back!

Good Morning!

Yesterday was productive in a low key kind of way. I cleaned little areas that probably no one else will notice, but I do. Also got laundry caught up and dried some of it outside. Mmmmmm.....the blankets smell so good now. Zipped into Aldi's. How come when I was only going in for a few items I ended up with a half cart full? I finally finished the book I've been working on for a couple of weeks. I'm a slow reader. Made fish for dinner and that was greeted with lots of enthusiasm....NOT! I enjoyed it. Went to a meeting at church then home to relax.

Not sure what all today will bring. I want to make 2 pies this morning. One for the church that I'll drop off later and one for the doctor's office tomorrow....Oatmeal pie....YUM!!!! Tastes like pecan pie w/o the nuts. I still have paperwork to finish up. I'm meeting my SIL at the theater for a 1:15 showing of Beauty & the Beast. Will have to figure out a dinner that will get a better reception tonight. LOL!

​Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning! We had a great dinner at our favorite pizza place, although most had pasta and salads. My mom wanted a combination pizza and Rylie wanted plain cheese so there was a good amount leftover. This morning Stuart and family are off to Palm Springs for their Spring break and some welcome sunshine! Stuart said some little kid came up to him at school and said his family was going to Palm Springs, too! And to the waterslides there. I guess the grapevine was buzzing with where the principal and his family were going! Another staff member goes there all the time, too, so they will may see people they know.
            Great to see you here, Darla! I am barely able to cut my bangs myself, and my stylist says I don't do a very good job of it, but when I can't see, I get the scissors.
            I have a refrigerator that needs some clearing out, so I better get moving.
            Hope you all have a great day and don't overwork yourselves!

Comment

I am up and showered and ready to face the day. You would think I had something exciting or wonderful to do today but not so much! Grocery shopping...doesn't take anything but a weekend to get rid of any food you might have laying around. And to vote. I am always excited to vote but am seldom getting my way at the polls anymore...why do all these people vote wrong? haha! Actually we have a sewer issue that I need to vote for and since I know no candidates or very many issues around here that is probably all I will vote for. Due to all of the rain we got yesterday Andrew's baseball is cancelled for tonight. He needs new baseball shoes anyway and just cannot find the time to go shopping...last night he had to hose off his bike. We did get the results of his testing and they have found no learning disabilities...yep, shocked me too! He has a reading problem and is way below his grade level. Last night he and his dad started reading a book. He is to read so many chapters every night. He is below his reading grade but he does read...right now I think we will just work on reading the words. He is a sight reader. His mother was here Sunday and we talked through a plan and that has to be brute force until he gets the idea that he has to sit every night and that he will bring up his reading scores. Plus she did tell us we may get better cooperation on spelling if he does the words on the computer. She knows all this yet we are the only ones doing homework...go figure. Sierra found the word program on my computer and made an icon for me to refind it and that is how we will try spelling this week. I am to freaking old for this school stuff and try to stay out of it as much as possible but I JUST CAN"T STAND IT! I am a control freak and I will admit it but darn it, just do it my way and end the battle. right? Sun is shining but I am dressed in sweats..rain for tonight. Blues and Cardinals both play tonight at the same time so better check the batteries on my remote. Roast beef went over well last night and think tonight I will just mash potatoes and throw gravy on the left over meat, pick up some delish corn on the cob that is in the stores now. Jon showed me to put milk in the boiling corn water and I do not know if it is the corn or the milk but this corn has been to die for! I do not even butter it. Never would I have ever poured milk into the boiling water but I highly recommend it!! Glad I got up early to face the day but am thinking it just left me more time to play on the computer instead of actually working. After reading what cookie does in a day I just give up knowing no matter how early I am up she is already ahead of me. Happy Tuesday all!

Comment

• cookielady
                cookielady commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm too old for this homework crap too. We got a message from the teacher this morning that she sent home the wrong spelling list & forgot to hand out the weekly letter. I messaged her back & told her she needs to forget the list & letter because SHE needs the break...she laughed. I tried. Maxie...remember that spelling city website I sent you that helps with spelling? I don't use it, but the few times we did, it was fun. They have many many ways to practice spelling.

I just tried that milk in corn water last summer & it did work. I also heard about adding a bit of sugar too the water. Can't wait for some corn on the cob.

• Paula A
                Paula A commented
                Editing a comment
                I grew up adding a little sugar and milk to the corn water.
                Maxie, whoever is Andrew's sports hero, find a book. When our son wasn't into reading, I finally found a Monster riddle book ( the kid has always been a monster/ sci-fi guy) and that was the key!

Good morning.
              Welcome back, Darla. Don't think of the posts here as "morning" posts, but as Daily posts. Nalani would post during our evenings....but it is earlier in Hawaii.
              Speaking of Nalani, I do miss her posts. I'm sure we'd all like to hear more about her paradise island. I hope she is doing okay.

I got the backyard elm tree mostly trimmed. My back began to hurt so I came inside to rest. I was going to go back to finish the job, but the wind kicked up. My dwarf apple tree somehow looks smaller. It actually has small green apples growing on it. One branch grew downward, but it's the best producing branch on that tree. So I decided to let it be. I must remember to watch those apples so I can pick them before the critters get to them.

Our weather temp is back in the 70's for a few days, then will hit the 80's again for a day or more. It yo-yo's a lot. I can feel the difference when I'm outside. I tend to like the 80's, but E likes it best in the 70's. Mother Nature likes him best right now. On the other hand, it's not summer yet, and summer will get us into the 90's maybe 100's. At which point it'll be "too hot", but that's when I complain about the blasts of air conditioning in the stores and restaurants and theaters. So I keep a heavy sweater in the car year-round.

So....that's about what is going on around here. I do have a haircut appointment this afternoon.
              Today is trash pickup day. Trash is supposed to be bagged. Most people don't bag theirs. I wish they'd get fined. The winds blow the containers open, and the top trash blows out. As the barrels get dumped, those remaining loose papers escape. We are at the "elbow" of our street, so we get trash from two directions blown into our entryway and yard. We know what candies the neighborhood kids eat, where the neighbors go for fast foods, what they buy in retail stores and how much they pay. So, I guess I'll rename the day "Forensics from the Garbage Cans Day".

So that's my ramblings for today.
              Hope you all have a beautiful day in every day.☀️
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Maxie, I can't imagine sight-reading, although I know it exists. I taught my kids phonics from the start. When the 2 older kids got to the 3rd grade, the teacher pressed sight reading onto the class. My girls have always clung to phonetic reading and very seldom had problems. My son however, took to sight reading. Geez, I have to keep from laughing when he speaks, especially if he's trying to sound like an executive. He picks words that have tall letters and long letters in roughly the right places, the small letters just seem to fill in between. I know what he's trying to say, and I can picture the word he used versus the word he meant, and imagine the words look quite alike to him. I no longer try to correct him, and he thinks he's really intelligent, but that's what sight reading did to him. His wife only encourages him, so she doesn't know better either. Egads, one evening they were cooing to each other in their version of French, and it was horribly fractured French, but they thought they were impressing everyone.

I am sure Drew will do better than that with family helping him.
                As for reading, have his eyes been checked recently? Often changes in vision is the cause of reading problems.

Thanks! I'm going to have to pass on the corn & milk suggestion to my girls. How much milk do you put in the pot, a cup full?
                These days I have to cut it off the cob to eat it. Do you think the results would be the same for frozen corn kernels?
                Dentures really suck.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
                  maxie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I just pour the milk...he says a cup but I might pour more. The water is white! Jon and Sierra also cut the corn off the kernel but Drew and I just dig in! He has never been a phonetic reader and if Jon sounds out spelling words it seems to confuse him. Both my boys were phonetic readers and it is so much easier. I am accused of being the grammar police around here BUT Andrew will repeat correctly. His tenses are a hoot!! I love the garbage day forensics! I will bend over and pick up a floating receipt and read it..you do learn a lot. We bag everything since we are the biggest fast fooders in the area! And you reminded me to call for a haircut. Glad I came back to read...
              Working...
              X