Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday ~ March 23

Good Morning, Everyone.

It was a long and sad day yesterday! Mount Pleasant even made national news. People were calling to say they saw the accident on Fox and Friends. Too bad it had to be for tragic reasons.

They set up a GoFundMe for the girls' track coach who lost her life, and in 19 hours 683 people raised almost $30. She left behind a husband and twin boys about 4 y/o.
    In addition, our HS website kept posting photos of area schools that were holding prayer vigils, sending flowers, and students forming the letters MP in bodies on their fields and in their gyms.
    We still have 3 coaches in the hospital. They were riding in the front of the bus, and the coach who was driving took the brunt of the collision.

To go along with all of that, a friend I taught with died (at 63) and another friend lost his son in a skiing accident. News nowdays is instantaneous. You don't have to wait and wonder.

Sharon, I was stunned to read about your sad news.

Well, I must get my day started. Thank you for your sweet words yesterday. Our friendship is so important to me.

Sat. the 25th...

Elaine you definitely did not have a good day yesterday, so sad, so tragic and so nice of others to support the families left behind...So very sorry and sad.

Yes my news was very sad also, will leave tomorrow and go down and stay with my sister so we can attend the visitation and funeral...

Today we head down the road to hubby's Grandpa's who was 92 yesterday and we are going to celebrate...its about an hour and a half drive so need to get a move on, have to make mashed potatoes, we also have to stop and pick up chicken...I like being organized and not have to worry, BUT his sister is a royal pain in the butt, she wants control of everything but does nothing...I totally stay out of any conversations with any of them, learned my lesson many times over with her....I won't even get started on that this morning...I love his Grandpa and he feels the same about me, brags on me all the time and I think it upsets his granddaughter, my sis in law, LOL

Well time to get my shower so I can get this day going.

Elaine I also value my friendships here, feels a lot like family, can tell my troubles to you all here and feel better for it...
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Goof SUNNY Morning! Not sure how long it'll last, but I'll take what I can get. Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous!

Yesterday was good. Went the other direction to shop yesterday. Sue called & told me the grocery store down there was going to have walnuts on sale, so that's all that had to be said to me. Found several other good sales there too and spent way too much money. Stopped at the Christian book store that is closing it's doors to check out their final sales. That was a joke. They had betters sales on a regular basis. Came home and baked off some of the ginger snap dough I had mixed up the night before. Wanted to take some the the tax lady who did a wonderful job for us. Also dropped off a sample plate at the nail salon in hopes of getting a couple more new customers. Lori loves my cookies and has no problem letting me do this.

One of the good sales I got was whole roasting chickens for $.59/lb, so I roasted a big ole chicken and made mashed potatoes, corn, asparagus, boxed stuffing, and gravy. Good eating!

This morning I have to bake two pies...apple & pumpkin. My house will smell wonderful! Of course there is always some kind of cleaning & laundry to be done too. Nothing else special planned. I'd like to go out for Chinese if Corky is feeling up to it. No sense in going if he can't eat much.

(((Elaine & Sharon)))

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning.

Laundry day. Spent all of yesterday outside. Sure felt good to be out without a coat on.

It was to rain last night, and all day today, but I see no signs of that happening yet.

​Called this morning to the airlines to confirm my seat on a plane on June 24th. I was on their list thank heavens. I had made the reservation on the puter, but wanted to make sure. I'm a worry-nut when it comes to things like that. Especially when I'm spending money.

Hope all have a good day.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning

Checking in ... plan on being on this computer for a while.... I'm sorting music files... have tossed so many paper copies...and old worn out books. but have some stuff narrow down to the "Keep IT " pile... want to make a list , as I have about 8-9 folders of this kind of stuff... want to eliminate doubles.. so like They say at C... Making a list and checking it twice.. there are times when you love having a computer and a printer..

Yesterday was a good day.. sunshine. quiet.. we went for lunch. so no cooking .David has never got able to go back working at sawmill.. the legs /balance not trustworthy.... and I miss him not going away for those few hours... Yes, Sharon,, you understand completely..

Elaine,, so so sad.. I agree with you.. coming to the Round table is so important to me too.. support from our invisible Friends...

Sharon,, got a sister in law .(Davids sister ) whom I love dearly.. but she too is "in control".. but being 10 years younger has never given ME any
          Problems.. I became her sister in law when she was 7. but she sure runs her own world

Donna, new hair dresser?.. Lori?.

better get moving on those files... see you later .

Hi to all you other dear ladies.

SassyG .will check later for a picture?..
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• cookielady
            cookielady commented
            Editing a comment
            No...Lori over at Jazzy Nails.

Good morning, everyone.
          This cold is dragging on. E bought cold meds yesterday. They mostly make my brain a littl fuzzy, as I still cough a lot and sometimes sneeze. So guess who else woke up coughing today. It's inevitable that he's next.
          Good day for soups.
          The temps will be bouncing in the 70's & 80's for a while.
          And that's all that's going on here.

The RT is important to me, too. The best of friends are here.

E is here reading magazine bits to me. I can't concentrate on two thins at once with my foggy brain. Time for cereal, and a mocha refill.

So sorry for the losses of yesterday. My heart goes out to the families.

Have a good day. ☀️
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Late this morning..did not sleep well last night so slept in this morning. Looks like it rained last night and I know it is predicted for today. No plans for me today other than running out for bread and milk. Forgot it yesterday while out running. Maybe I can get the son to stop on his way home from work and then he can grab fast food to bring in for supper. See, my mind is still clicking! Although I do think I have a food fetish since I think about it a lot. However, I tried on last summer's capris and I have a fit! Will need to pick up some tops. Bought a new pair of white cons yesterday but I really wanted the pair with palm trees. The kid talked me out of them but I think she really thought I was to old to be wearing shoes with palm trees and it probably isn't my taste. But I have noticed the older I get the more my taste in clothes is changing. I am not as conservative as I used to be. And probably not near as well dressed as I used to be. You would be so surprised at where I wear my sweatpants when a few years ago I would not wear them outside. Old age is liberating! Have several dr. appointments coming up in April so will need to start considering my first pedi of the season soon. Andrew has a lot of early dismissals and days off in April and that messes with my time. You make doctor appointments 6 months is advance and a school schedule sent home with a 2 week notice messes with it all. Going to run the vacuum this morning and do some ironing this afternoon. Hockey game tonight and opening day for baseball coming fast. Peace to all with sadness today...

Comment

• Paula A
              Paula A commented
              Editing a comment
              I have two different friends who are at Soring training or whatever they call the games going on in Scottsdale. Baseball buddies who are posting the games, temps, and food!
              Gotta tell you about my mom's sneakers: she bought some black ones with a lace pattern on them.
              What she thought was lace...was actually skulls.
              Luckily, her grandkids all thought she was very trendy!

• maxie
              maxie commented
              Editing a comment
              OMG! I love the lace/skull shoes! I'm glad she is wearing them even after finding out the truth! Told you this old age stuff is liberating! Yes Cookie, mommy dearest now 'may' be moving. Her boyfriend has been estranged from his family in Minnesota for years and now they are making up and he wants to go home and taking the mommy with him. He is looking for work so if everyone prays he finds a job quickly that would be great...

• cookielady
              cookielady commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh wouldn't that be the BEST thing for her & all of you if MD actually moved. Sierra might actually come into her own and be a very happy young lady. You KNOW how I'll be praying though every thing is suppose to be according to His will, but I'll tell Him like it should be.

Sunny Saturday morning to you all!
            I am cooking the Sloppy Joe meat for the shelter dinner. I waited till this morning to go to Walmart so it has been busy already around here.
            Reading all your posts just makes me feel comfy. A good friend, let your hair down kind of place.
            Elaine, my thoughts kept going to you and Sharon yesterday with all the sadness you have right now.
            Hope you get better, Jo.
            And Jostoy, I hope I get outside today. It is our one day with sunshine and I have to mow. Dandelions grow so fast!
            Love you all!
            Have a good day and make those chores fun by putting on the music or something!

Comment

• cookielady
              cookielady commented
              Editing a comment
              Did you try the SJ recipe I shared with you?

good afternoon everyone..

Time just flew by...

I forgot what time it was...
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
            X