Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday ~ May 24

Good Morning, Friends.

Long sad night here. News was coming out around 11p that our track and field teams were coming home from a meet when an accident killed one coach, the truck driver, injured another coach, and around 20 students were sent to area hospitals. I don't know anyone involved, but in a community our size, everyone is linked in some way. And I can't help but think back to all of the buses John drove for 25 years, all over Texas, taking kids to contests, meetings, workshops, events. He drove me and my yearbook students each summer, and I can't count the buses I've ridden with students for a million different reasons.

Think of our families today and send good thoughts, please.

I love you all.
    Last edited by ladyebug; 03-24-2017, 06:06 AM.

Good morning everyone

Rise and shine..Could with sun..

Ladybug,I am so sorry about your loss..that is awful..Time had changed...They are trying to put seatbelts on bus..My heart go out to the family..
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      True Sassy, having a pet is very soothing, comforting, company, etc. I get aggravated at mine but love them...So therefore I love your graphic...

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      boffler,That is right....they are wounderful..i love mine too..AWWW..Thank-you...

Good Morning, no sunshine yet, just very windy even though it is 51 outside the wind is still a might chilly. They say it should hit 70's today, sure hope so could use a good dose of fresh air in the house...

Elaine that is tragic and I remember feeling the same way when we had something similar happen in our area, like you said, small communities with ties with someone somehow...so very, very sorry, keep the families in prayer.

Got the trash all rounded up, and ready for hubby to take out curbside, don't know what the day may hold but I have an itch to get out and about somewhere...will see.
    My burns are getting a little bit worse instead of better think they are coming to 'surface' now, the Cortisone Cream helps but every now and again need hubby to 'rub it in' 'rub it in' to take care of the itching...can't reach my back, LOL...

Got a phone call from my sister early yesterday morning, one of the couples that were going on the trip with us her husband passed away, she heard a thump got up to see what was going on he was on the floor between nightstand and bed he said, "I'm alright" last words he ever spoke...the ambulance people and hospital worked on him for over and hour but the faint heartbeat got no stronger and he passed on...so very sad. She ask my sister to contact the travel agent he daughter behind her back shook her head no and later told my sister not to cancel it, she wants her Mom to take that trip because that is exactly what her Dad would want for her, this was to be them together seeing the 50th state together, they wanted to see all the states, this was to be the last one, 50th Anniversary, 50th state...that was the plan...you just never know how quickly life can change...

Well I wrote my novel, hope I didn't bore you, have a great day, and as they say, "take a little time to enjoy the view".

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Elaine this was our tragedy...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blufft...sity_bus_crash

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, my gosh, Sharon, I feel so bad for your friend. I remember that sound,malthough Gary lived 10 months from then.
      My prayers for her comfort and those who are mourning with her.

Morning all...Elaine I will be thinking about your families today...so extremely sad...

My plans for today and next week took a complete change...I was to volunteer today but got a text at 530 this morning from my friend that gives me a ride home that she has to work all day..she took Wednesday off to finalize the adoption of her son. SO I have a free afternoon this afternoon..I am undecided on plans...will either get ice cream at the great ice cream place and visit on couple shops in Old Saint Charles or Get a coffee treat at my favorite coffee shop....probably will end up doing the latter of the two...will see what I am in the mood for when I get of work..

I got to pick up my new 10 tablet yesterday..I am in love with it!!!

Off to work I go!

Comment

good morning ..

so sad Elaine...hope the fatality list doesn't get any longer... when you hear more.. please check in here again..

a day at home, I hope.. get a bit more housekeeping done.. and sort through some more in the music cabinets.. have thrown out stacks of copied music.. and have a big box of student music ready to take to the church pianist... who also teaches... but LOTS more to go through.. want to make another box for the church rummage sale.. .. I'm not ready to part with the things I still like to play.. because I still play every day.
      Always told my students , you don't have to become a concert pianist .. but learn enough so you can play the rest of your life.
      because you won't play soccer,football or march in a band after you are out of school.

SassyG. I love that kitty picture.. I have owned lots of cats but never had one that really cuddled after they pass baby kitten stage. darn.

Hi Bethina.. have a great day off!.

Sharon , how sad,, but I had vision of my David doing that.. not so much now that he has had the heart surgery.. but he still falls like that.. when I hear a thump, I go to find him.

ok. time to get the laundry done... see you later.
      Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
        sassygirl01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Maye,Aww..Thank-you..I few cats..None of mine was cuddled....i miss that too..Double darn..(SIGH)..

Such sad news from Elaine and Sharon to start the day. Prayers to all the families. Oh, Beth, what a problem to have...which treat to get...get them both! It is going to be a beautiful day and end with storms this evening. I don't care...if something blows this house away I think we would all stand and wave bye. I am tired of this country subdivision and road construction that again has me driving miles out of my way just to get out of here. Guess I am falling back into a mood and I CAN get into a mood but will try to work out of it. Sometimes it is the little things that pile up and weigh you down when they shouldn't even be the things that matter at all. Nuff said! Today is Sierra's day to visit. She needs an oil change so I will meet her and leave her car. Believe it or not but I have had the hardest time finding Easter wrapping paper. This walmart is just worthless for holiday things but they are finally managing to keep the shelves stocked in grocery again. Must be new management or something and since there is very little wrapping paper it must be a man! Sooo the kid and I will be dropping off her car and heading into the Hallmark store and probably lunch at Olga's. Have a pork loin in the crock pot and was looking for the teriyaki sauce and wonder who drank that? Also wondering what just popped in the kitchen so better go check that out...probably something I need to clean up. See, it these little things that are getting me. Wondering if mommy dearest isn't using this Minnesota thing as a club...now it is 'if' we move and 'if' he gets a job then she turns around and wants Sierra's stuff started to be moved. I cannot put up with this osculating. Makes my crazy head go wackier! And I have to admit that this Russian spy crappola is making me jumpy also...how were we so stupid to allow any type of infiltration let alone hacking? This last election is something everyone should be thinking about. Last political dig of the day from me..off to shower and buy wrapping paper to wrap Easter gifts for my grands. Finished off those yummy Starburst jelly beans so need to replenish. Have a happy peaceful day everyone. I think I need another cup of coffee to get started.

Comment

• bethina
        bethina commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for reminding me what I need from the store..love starburst jelly beans

Good morning.
      I woke to a sunny morning. Managed to get 5 hours of sleep last night. This cough sounds horrible, and wakes us both.
      I hope it goes away very soon. My nose feels swollen (it isn't, thank goodness) and my head is draining like crazy through it.
      Yesterday the temp got only to the mid 60's, today should get to about the mid 70's. I didn't look up beyond that.

Elaine, how very tragic that news is. The families are in my thoughts today. ☹️
      Sharon, how very sad your news is, too. What a shame he wasn't able to make this last trip.
      Beth, both treats sound good!
      Maye, you're doing better than I am, finding someone to take your extra music.
      Maxie, The Fates don't go out of their way to make life easier, do they. Good luck with Sierra's situation.
      Russian Spy? Haven't heard the news yet. But the man seems to be turning the White House into a House of Horrors.
      *Mommyyyyyyyyyyy!*

Hope today turns out good for everybody. ☀️️
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Ok, I am late but not as late as yesterday.
        Elaine, what a tragedy and I will be praying for those families and the kids who will be dealt ngbwith healng and loss. Those families will have a tough time now and at each event their child would have been at, like graduation, proms, friends weddings...the best thing about a small community is others will know and understand.
        Sharon, my friend's were literally, my life line. And it sounds like her daughter has a good understanding of how to help her mom move forward.
        Rainy Friday but who cares? The kids know when it is coming down like this they will not be going out.
        The doctor, her husband and 1 year old had a good visit. They really don't know what they want just yet, and I am ok with whatever comes of this. We all got along well in our conversation but I realized this morning that when summer gets here I won't have room for their child.
        Beth, I think I could find a way to do both! Start with ice cream and end with Starbucks.
        Maxie, I know I don't say it enough but I think it a lot: you are such a Blessing to your family!
        Jo, hope your nose feels better. I haven't got the allergy shot, but I bought an OTC nasal spray and it works great!
        Sassy, cute kitties and I appreciate your effort to find and post the pictures.
        Maye, hope you and David have a good day...and stay upright!

Comment

• sassygirl01
          sassygirl01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Paula A,Thank-you....You are welcome...It take time to find the one..And cute...

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh Paula you are so wrong! I am a very opinionated and if it is floating in my head it will fall out of my mouth sorta person. Tonight Andrew is called to eat and opens the door to say he is not hungry and tries to take off...that is not the rule. The rule is you will sit with the family even it you do not eat. So he pouts and makes faces and funny noises and is generally trying to ruin my meal so I look at him and tell him this is not the Andrew show this is the grandma show so sit and shut up. He looked so shocked and Jon had to get up and leave the table. When he got himself together he told Andrew 'it has always been the grandma show and your grandpa knew it and I know it and Sierra knows it so you had better just learn it too'. So that does not sound like a blessing to me....more of a curse to them! But thanks for the compliment.

Good Morning! The sun is peeking out for the moment.

Yesterday was very good. Start off going to Bible Study then headed home and baked the ordered apple pie. It came out of the oven then I had to go get my taxes done....FINALLY. We got back the biggest refund that we ever have in our 32 yrs of marriage. It's a good start on paying for the new roof. Blaise & I went to the open house at the school. SOMEONE has their desk separate for everyone else because SOMEONE chats too much. Hmmmmmmm.....wonder who that could be? He inherited that trait from his mother....no me....I'm quiet & shy.

This morning I headed the other direction to run errands....bank & stores. The grocery store down that way has walnuts on sale for $2.99/lb, so I got 20lbs. They also has some great meat sales which I didn't know about, so my cart was completely full. I got the 30lbs of hamburger we'll need for the stuffed pepper dinner next month for the homeless shelter. Now to get everything put away and then bake off the cookie dough. I ask the tax gal what her favorite cookie, pie, or cake was, and she said ginger snaps, so that's what I'm making her as a BIG THANK YOU. Last year H&R Block charged me $560 for preparing on two tax returns and I still had 3 others I had to do due to moving mid-year. This lady only charged me $160 for everything. She's awesome!!! She's a local gal and is all about taking care of people.

One of the meat deals was whole chickens for $.59/lb, so I think I'm going to roast a chicken for dinner.

Elaine....I'm so sorry for all the heartache for your community.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          I feel his pain! My teachers couldn't move me far enough...

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          Your tax person is great! And you get a refund!

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          That is what I paid my tax lady. She is also local, from back home, and I was just in there yesterday to ask questions about Sierra's grants once her mother leaves. Last year mommy dearest boyfriend did Sierra's taxes and it was July before Sierra brought them to us because she had never gotten a refund. Jon took them to our lady and she found the problem and refiled them free of charge. Once you get a good tax person they are worth a batch of cookies!
      Working...
      X