Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, January 21

Good morning everyone.

Nope... I didn't go MIA again. I've been a little under the weather and feeling a little blue as well... haven't been spending much time on the computer at all.

Nothing going on in my world. We had a weather advisory last night as a storm was supposed to move through. Guess it decided not to drop on us because we didn't get any new snow last night. It's been so warm that the snow we did have is almost gone. Only the piles where it was shoveled remain. Our lawn is showing!

My day will consist of crocheting and I think I'll make some dinner rolls to go with the Chicken and Noodles I plan to make for dinner. Other than that, I'm hoping Ralph can come up with something to do so we're not just sitting around staring into space

Hope you all have a great day!

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..lol..

I thought i will bring that out pic again..For everyone..Maye...LOL...
    On off rain to day....

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      very cute sassy

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Boffler,thank-you...

Good Morning....judy I think this weather is getting to a lot of people, me included...it usually doesn't affect me to much but we have had so many rainy, drizzly, dark dreary days all together that it is messing with every aspect of my life...not a good time to happen trying to adjust to a hubby being around all the time since he retired, never knew it could throw me off so much.

Yesterday just had to get out of the house, it was an effort but felt it necessary, we went to a place called Homestead Collection and roamed through their buildings, then we went to a large antique mall, it is very clean and organized and was very enjoyable, then finished off with having dinner out at a place called Tony's who happen to have the best salad bar around, which I needed, then came home...

Per our usual, neither of us sleeping good, around 2:30 a.m. hubby got up and went to the livingroom where he turned on the tv and stretched back in his recliner and covered up, don't know what time he finally went to sleep but he is still in the recliner and the tv is still on...which takes away any quiet time I usually have in the mornings...grrrrrr, somethings got to give...and he is SNORING which is really aggravating.. We will get this downpat eventually I hope, its a new norm and we just need to figure it out...who knew retirement could cause all of this...

Hubby mentioned fresh baked bread yesterday, nothing something either of us really needs but I think that is what I am going to make today, it does sound good lathered with real butter...now just need to figure out supper to go with it..

Sassy I have risen but having trouble with the shining part, LOL...but I am trying..

Have a good day one and all...I know I am doing all that is possible to make that happen...oops, forgot, the bread will have to wait until tomorrow, we have a 50th birthday party to attend today....darn...

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      boffler,lol....But you are trying....

Good Morning.

Hi sassy! Cute Meme!

Hi Judy! Are you missing family? Or is it just the change of being in a new place?

Sharon, I feel ya. For me, TV begins after lunch. Best thing we ever did was adding that room where John has his TV, and I don't have to hear it. Heaven!

We are out of bread, but I have planned egg rolls for lunch, so John will have crackers tonight. Good thing I made biscuits for his breakfast. Tomorrow after church we can get to the market.

We are up in the 70's again, and I'm afraid things are going to start blooming. I think we've had 2 weeks of winter is all at this point.

Well, better get something started.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ladybug,Hello...

• jgarcia
      jgarcia commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya know, Elaine, I'm not sure what it is... the weather has been gloomy and alternating from -6 to near 40 in a week... I do miss the kids, but more than that, I think I'm simply bored. There really is nothing to do here in Gunnison, Utah. With the weather being questionable, I hesitate to drive the 1 - 1 1/2 hours up to 'the big city' for fear I'll hit a storm and not be able to get home. Wish I had been able to drive our Altima in the snow BEFORE buying it, because it doesn't handle well. Guess that if I'd known last March I was moving back to Utah, I'd have gotten another 4WD vehicle instead.

I'm sure this will pass... but I hope it hurries

Hi, everyone.
    I've been trying to log in all morning but was rejected.
    The weather is still very cold and very wet, but Mother Nature threw in fog (yesterday through tomorrow).

The memorial was very nice, lots of people to see and get reacquainted with. There was a very nice luncheon afterwards in the church auditorium. There will be get-together so today and tomorrow yet. "Evil twin", surprisingly, did not show up at all. I don't know why. Maybe one of them are sick, or she's now got a grudge against a niece as well as us. Her problem.

I'm already feeling worn out, but am managing okay. But I'll get through this.

Judy, winter blues? You need more bright light. Higher wattage bulbs should help chase the blues away.

Well, E brought my breakfast upstairs for me. Am I spoiled, or what?
    So I'd better get myself dressed now and get ready for the next round of visiting.

Have a good day!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

​Saved some more money yesterday. After changing the light switch in the computer room, the light and fan worked. Watched the swearing in, then took off for Vincennes to get my annual blood work done.

Don't see my PCP until March, but the results are already in My Chart. Made a print out of all the results so I can compare the high & lows of each test. They take 7 vials to run all the tests. Makes you feel like you may need a transfusion afterwards.

​Did get me a new outside light and some cabinet magnets at Lowes. The new light fixtures will be installed next Thursday by an electrician. Both are over-head jobs, so that leaves me out of saving money.

​Today is a do nothing day. The only plan is to either make spaghetti or chili for my lunch tomorrow after Church. Hope everyone has a good day.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning..I stayed up until after 11 coloring in my new adult coloring book..lost track of time...Cori had me up around 4. She ate and would not settle down..she is just now calming down..don't know what has gotten into her.

More coloring today...laundry and maybe a movie with my nieces...I think they might be sleeping still..all of them so I am staying quiet.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! WOW....sunshine.....LOVE IT!!!! Yesterday was chilly and very dreary. Just makes you want to nap all the time, but of course I don't.

Yesterday I made 7 doz ladylocks and I'm not 100% happy with them. Will try again next week. Aunt J came & scooped grease balls for an hour and we had a nice chat. Took some sample LL to my SF insurance office and also the General Store where I use to sell my cookies. This is the 3rd time I've popped in there since they no longer can sell my goodies. For some reason I'm getting the cold shoulder from the owner who I thought was becoming a friend. I'm at a loss of what I did or said. I mean, I'm not upset that I no longer can sell there. I understand why.

This morning I slept in....nice. I've got a pie in the oven for a customer. This afternoon is Blaise's first basketball game. He's playing for the Upwards program which emphasizes good sportsmanship and Christian attitude.

Have a good one all!

Comment

good morning

yea . ..sunshine.!!!!! if it stays out , I will head for the old recliner in the bay window area , with my book in hand , and read ....

got the laundry done... sorted out , discarded more old paper work..
            Have another new puzzle started.. going to be a tough one. but at least it is interlocking and don't fall apart when its touched... ..

Sharon.... I could have told you all about hubby's retirement ...or rather how it was going to really effect you.!!..... I hated giving up the silence.. and having my day organized. and not fixing lunch ... DAvid missed his work friends and talking to them.. he tried talking to me about his work stuff.. ( boring for me) he did not want to hear about my Piano kids ..( boring for him)... he became a TV watcher.... aggggg.... since he never was a joiner of men's groups.. at church or community.. he resented it when I went off to my Ladies prayer group or sewing group.. was a difficult transition... but it will get better .and you will get a pattern worked out..

Thanks SassyGirl .. love that kitty picture and laughed just as hard..

HI to all.. its almost lunch time already.. better go have look in fridge for ideas..

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• sassygirl01
              sassygirl01 commented
              Editing a comment
              Maye,You are welcome...Me too..I know i show it twice....It is great the second time..
              I did too..Funny..lol..It is my favorite..

WOW! It has gone from 84 yesterday to 64 today! It did not rain yesterday, but it is supposed to dump on us today.

​I have been up for hours. I got sidetracked by a friend and we texted and watched the Nation Prayer Service on FOX news. I am now being enticed by Diagnosis Murder on the Hallmark Channel. Fortunately, I am planning on staying home all day and going through files and sorting, tossing and filing. I can do that in front of the TV.

​Judy, we all have our days and it is OK to feel sad. You will get through it. It is just tough to have to go through "those" days!

​I got my flu shot - finally. I realized that I didn't get one last year. That's a no-no for me. I went to Walgreens.

​I am embarrassed to admit this, Sharon and Elaine - I have my TV on almost always when I am home. Sometimes, I get it turned off before I fall asleep. I cant tell you how often I have woken up and been scared out of my wits because I think someone is in the apartment. (Of course, I am usually on the Hallmark Mysteries and Movies Channel) and someone is trying to kill me. LOL

​I actually baked a batch of goodies foe my meeting last night. I made Rolo Ritz! It was the 1st time I ever made them and I had no idea how they would turn out. They were great - and sooooooo easy! I will post the recipe in the kitchen if anyone wants it. The only problem I had was that it took a while to unwrap 40 Rolo candies and my back is still yelling at me for Standing that long!

​Have a super day everyone!!! Stay warm and dry!

"God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Pretty late here, but I have been doing things for my mom and I had an appointment. Becky was with her then. she is doing well, just feeling her wrist. Her words: I know I have a left wrist!
              I am off to shop for a long sleeved top she can get over her bandaged wrist in just a few minutes.
              We have sunshine but the sky to the north is black! Not sure how long it will hold off. Yesterday afternoon it poured in that area, but stayed up there. After :00 am yesterday my power stayed on and no other problem with it.
              My house has taken a hit this last week with my being at the hospital with my mom and then over at her house. I am going to zoom around and do as much cleaning as I can. Becky has been keeping the dishes done and I made sure we have had easy things in daycare, but I am ready to really cook something...
              Val, one of my daycare moms gave me something that I am hoping is your Rolo treats. They were good and had Ritz and chocolate...just what I don't need to know...but will be happy for the recipe!
              Everybody, take care and thanks for all the thoughts while my mother is going through this. Her doctor pointed out the very thin condition of her skin and now I am trying to find ways to care and protect it. He also said she will be listed as a Fall Risk...
              Let the Sunshine in!!!

Comment

• Punkin
                Punkin commented
                Editing a comment
                I will post the recipe now/

Aloha all<

Very windy here. Almost blew away on my morning walk. Patty was here for a couple of days and that was nice. Not much else going on here.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
              X