Sorrow in our family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorrow in our family

My grand daughter's husband JohnPaul is in the hospital in Fresno CA. He had a brain aneurysm and during the surgery to get the pressure off the brain had a heart attack. I'm not sure how he is doing this morning. Don't want to call her yet as she needs rest
    She was told that even if he recovers he will have severe brain damage.

She was married to her first husband way to young, 17 if I remember correctly. I think he was partly to blame for her drug use. Marriage failed and later he committed suicide. His family blames her for this although he was living with another girl at the time.

We all like JohnPaul and he has made her very happy. They have been together for two years before they married just before Christmas.
    She has been clean from drug use for 5 years but she is emotionally fragile and I worry that if he dies it will push her over the edge especially since it has been only 2 years since her mom (Joyce) passed away.

Prayer, good vibes, whatever would be appreciated. Rounders seem to have a good prayer community. Thank you all.
    Will keep you updated

Oh, Barb. This is difficult news at best. I do hope your granddaughter holds onto her strength to remain off drugs.
    My most positive thoughts will go out to her, as well as with you.

Having a brain-damaged husband will be difficult. I hate to say it, but if he dies it'll be a blessing for them both, under the circumstances. Medical care in a special home would be very expensive, and then there are the various equipment he will need, including a wheel chair. Oh my.

No way is she to blame for her first husband's suicide. It was his choice to leave her. One can assume he had taken his share of drugs, and that's what took it's toll on him. She can ignore his family.

In any case, she may need a counselor and/or support group of some kind, particularly if she's fragile or vulnerable now.
    You might want to talk to her head nurse and see what help and support is there for her. And she will need a loving, caring person such as yourself to talk with regularly and give her the emotional support she needs to get through all of this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

So very sad...sending prayers.

Comment

BarbCA 108,I "love " this saying..My heart go out to you and your family..i am so sorry..
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I am so very sorry to hear this. I will definitely keep all of you in my prayers - especially your granddaughter.
          "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Prayers have been sent. I remember the struggles and heartache Joyce had with her. I'm praying someone can be there to hold her hand & help her to be strong.

Comment

Barb, this is sad news, indeed. Sending prayers for peace for your grandaughter. We all loved her Mom so much.

Comment

Prayers for you and the rest of the family

Comment

Oh Barb, so very sorry to read this news....like others said, remember Joyce and her struggles with her daughter, so sure hope this does not set her back, she will need a strong support system...Pray her husband pulls through without much damage..
                  Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Thank you all. She has her very dear friend Kirstin helping her, Kait doesn't drive. They went back to Fresno again this morning and I have h
                    eard nothing since. Apparently his condition hasn't changed one way or the other.
                    I agree, JoG. If he dies it will be better in the long run. I'm sure that now she believes she could care for him but I know that it would be too much for her to handle.
                    I have had no news since early when she posted they were on their way back to Fresno, 100 miles away.

Comment

I just read this, Barb. Prayers for her comfort and his. And for all around her to be a good support system, no matter what the outcome.

Comment

Still waiting. She has a conference at the hospital sometime today.

Comment

Working...
                        X