Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ❗️New Year's Eve ~ 2016 ❗️

Good Day, Everyone 😘

Well, we have one last day of this year, and I have to say it has been a rough one. John was diagnosed with MDS in February and it completely changed everything in our lives. We began with the need for transfusions every 4 weeks but have not needed one since August. We have had a blood test every Monday all year, along with red and white blood cell booster shots. His first chemo was intravenous every 4 weeks, but since August the latest medicine is in shot form. I would hate to count all the needles he has had in him this year.

But the blessing through all of this is that we have a cancer center 10 minutes from us with a wonderful doctor.

Sassy, yesterday's cat video made my day. I have watched it over and over. Made me wonder how Sharon's black cats are doing.

Paula, I loved what you said about having this "family" at your fingertips. I have felt that way for as long as I can remember, and I have to give thanks to our amazing Donna for reaching beyond the keyboard and bringing many of us together in our homes. This Round Table has been one of the best things that has ever happened to me.

I do not have time to be so nostalgic. Company spent the night in motel but are coming back sometime today, and I am still wiped our from the meal I cooked last night LOL

Better get out of bed and off this iPad and get something going. Don't celebrate too much. We will be up at midnight, but it will be very quiet in the Thomas home - just the way we like it.

Hug to each and everyone of you.

( Beth, I am all about easy, too. )

Good morning...I was up with my daddy around 5 just he I and Cori. Cori was beginning to be vocal and daddy could only half hear me so I went back to sleep for a couple of hours...I don't have much planned for the day at all other than cleaning my bathroom....it needs a lot of tlc! I may or may not have my youngest niece for the day...and to go to a movie later...If I don't have her then I will be home alone for the day I might also go to 2 movies back to back at the dollar theater. I have no plans for news eve other than pizza tv and my coloring books...it will be me and cori home alone...I may or may not stay up until Midnight...I am good with being home alone...I have nothing planned for Sunday unless I wait and go to the movies then...

Work yesterday was pretty much ok...the front end people tried to give me a little bit of grief but I think that my supervisor delt with that for me...and if he didn't and something is said again or done then I will tell him again...I was told do things a certain way...and they would take care of my stuff that was hung in the wrong places for me and they are not wanting to do that...OH well..

I went to a friends last night for a few hours...it was nice to just be out and among friends.

I too love having this cyber family...you ALL have helped me survive some pretty crazy times in my life...and offered a place to vent...Love all of you!

Comment

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..

I need some "HELP"..My heavy jacket..The threader bend..It will zip up..It will not go into the zipper holder..If i can save it..If not..Can i make the jacket into a pillow..Any idea will help..

Here is one cute pic..And the rules...lol..

Comment

Running through this morning. I have to leave earlier than first expected because my Texas brother is stopping at my sisters for the morning only. Since I have a two hour drive I need to start an hour earlier to see him for a few minutes. Should have loaded the car last night but ....oh well I will make it when I make it. Heard from Sierra yesterday..first time since last Saturday. Sometimes the peace is worth the absence if that makes sense. I am confident that I will not see the New Year ring in. I have not for years although it might be nice to stay up just to kiss this year good by...was not a great year. But, you know, I have lived through worse years so guess I will take whatever comes. Can't do much more than keep on going'. Have a Happy New Year everyone. Stay warm and safe and I will see you next year...where is the time going? No wonder I am tired all the time with the speed the years are whizzing by!!

Comment

Geez, I'm having problems posting this morning!

Good morning, and a happy New Years Eve to all.

Got my hair cut and styled yesterday. It feels good, and I feel human again. She charged me for only a haircut this time, in celebration of my looking/feeling better.

Yesterday's weather did not hold up in the "nice" department. The sun didn't peek out for long. But at least the rain held off til I was back at home and already indoors. Today and tomorrow have rain forecasted. In fact, tomorrow's "high" temperature will drop to only 52°! We are not used to seeing so many overcast days in a row. 🙄

We stopped at a grocery store for a couple of things. E told me to pick out a bouquet. I did. He later said its really beautiful, but he'd have chosen a smaller bouquet. I asked if he looked at the prices. No, he didn't. I said the first bouquet I looked at was a smaller bouquet of golden roses, nothing contrasting in the bouquet, and it was $20. I looked at the price of some roses with its leaves intact, plus a stem of lillies in it, it was the same price and twice the size! So I chose that one. So if he's picking out flowers, he should really check the prices. Okay, maybe the store mis-priced something there, but I lucked out.

No particular plans today. We have simple meals....grazing mostly. No sense cooking a whole lot for just 2 of us.
          No particular plans for tomorrow, either.

I do appreciate all of the RT family. Somebody is always here to give the special word or thought that we sometimes need to hear. Or advice we ask for. Or a boost to get us through some problem. This is the most valuable place I've ever been.
          Thank you for who each of you are.

Have a lovely New Years Eve. 🍾 Even if it's in your dreams, as ours will be. We're beyond staying up late.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning! I haven't been here for a few days. Things have been off balance....James has been home all week and Jay part of the week. That messes with my routine, but I'll survive. We have Samantha (Justin's) "wife" in the hospital up at Champaign IL. She was becoming pre-eclamptic, but they caught is early, got her off her feet and onto meds to settle things down. For now it appears she and the baby are both going to be fine.

We will have a big family dinner tomorrow.....always have it on the Sunday after Christmas. I have to make an eclair cake and James will make enchiladas. Other than that, it will be a quiet, watch the ball drop kind of new year. Life with James isn't very much fun anymore, but at least he is honoring his commitments and that makes my life easier than I would be alone.

Happy New Year to all Rounders!
            Good friends are like diamonds...precious and rare.

Comment

Good Morning! The sun is actually peeking out to tease us I think. I am so sick & tired of dreary days.

Yesterday was good. Had to make a pie for the party last night, so I brought in all the remaining bags of apples and sorted through them. All the rotten ones are gone. Out of the 12 bushels I bought, I only have about 2 1/2 bushels left. Didn't realize I used that many. Next week I may bring them all in, peel them, and bag them up for the freezer. A gallon bag of apples will make 2 pies. Made the bread first thing & then Blaise & I delivered it to the doctor's ofc by lunch time. One of the nurses dropped the crockpot & bread plate off on their way home last night. Much appreciated. We spent the evening at my Aunt P's for a gathering of my Mom's side of the family. Many were missing, but those of us there had a nice time.

Today I'm trying to get organized. Working on the pantry now...taking a break. Cork was TRYING to give suggestions because he thinks it's disorganized. Told him to ask me where anything is & I can tell him exactly where to find it. It was just in a bit of dis-ray due to just hurrying. You now can walk through it. After lunch I'm going to make 3 apple pies for the guys down at the VETS home down the hill from us. They love homemade goodies. I ask them last time what kind of pie they would like, and everyone said apple except one guy who said sweet potato. Apple it shall be. Have to get my thoughts together for tomorrow's NY Day meal that's going to be here. Pork of course with sauerkraut & mashed potatoes. Think I'll make a pumpkin pie. I might still be up at midnight, but everyone else will be sleeping.

Haven't talked to Kathy since Christmas Day. She did msg me that her & Jimmy have broken up & he moved out. Of course that's another excuse not to pay me back. When will I learn?

The RT has been my life line. I've moved 6x since meeting you all & whenever I moved, I'd just plug in the computer & here you all were. I may have not known anyone else in the new place, but I always had you guys. The Round Ups were so much fun. A lot of work but worth every minutes. I can "hear" your voices & know some of your expressions as I read. We've cried many tears when we've lost some of our family members here. I'm blessed beyond measure with you all. I wished some of our other members would come back. Pat has been MIA for weeks now.

Have a wonderful day all!

Comment

• Paula A
                Paula A commented
                Editing a comment
                My big hope for next June when I go to MD is to have at least a day to run up to meet up with you!

Good morning all. The countdown has begun and soon we will be entering a brand new year. I hope that the new year brings 365 days of health, happiness and love to each and every one.

I don't plan to do anything for New Year's Eve - it's just another day on the calendar. One thing I must do - I will have to go back and check yesterday's posts. I can't believe I missed coming to post yesterday. I thought I had. I

may try to see if I can get my hair done today, but I guess because it's New Year's Eve that there will not be any openings. Oh well, haveI looked like a witch for a long time. What's another few days?

As this year ends, I want to say thank you to all of my Rounder family. You truly have been The Wind Beneath My Wings for a very long time. Thank you for putting up with me and for being beacons of light in the dark times. Thank you for your help, your wisdom and for your friendship. I love you all. Happy New Year!

For those who are traveling, I offer prayers for your safety.
              "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Happy New Year's Eve! I have very little that Has to get done today. Becky is still getting over being sick and not sure if we will have our dinner tomorrow with my mother or not. I don't want her to get sick. We can have a dinner anytime.
                the pork and sauerkraut sounds good Donna. I forgot I have a recipe that a co-worker gave me when I worked in kindergarten. I have a lot of the Christmas pork roast left in the freezer and I think I will get that recipe out and see how I can fix it up...I am the only one who likes sauerkraut in this house, but I think my mom does. We definitely ate it with hot dogs growing up.
                Sassy and all the rest of you cat people: my friend's daughter got a kitten for Christmas. an adorable long hair Persian that is just too expensive to even quote here. She is going to breed it with her boyfriend's cat, but I will just say , the price of cat's has really gone up. We paid 125.00 for a Himalayan cat for Becky when she turned 16 and I thought That was Outrageous. But this kitty is every bit as cute as our little guy was back then.
                There is no way I can stay up till midnight and then get up and get ready for church in the morning...I could, but I choose not to have bags under my eyes...at least not any worse than the ones I usually have!
                I better go and stop rambling. Maye, before Becky got sick, she said she was practicing the first two pages of her Moonlight Sonata. So the tuning is doing exactly what I hoped: given her a way to de-stress from the semester. OUr Monday plan is to go down to Chico State and take her picture by the campus entrance sign. Yeah, that's as exciting as we get.
                Enjoy your day, your company and your loved ones! Hugs to you all!!!!!

Comment

Paula, my last cat I had gotten at a pet store...it was "free" if I let them give her it's shots there for $5. Good deal, huh?
                  Most kittens I ever had were just plain free. I cannot bring myself to pay $25 for a half damaged animal or $50 to $150 for healthier but older cats.
                  I want a kitten, but none are advertised any more, free or otherwise. Or I don't know where to look for them any more.

On the other hand, at this point in my life, I'm not sure I could be responsible for pet care again.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Happy New Year all!!

One good thing about living in Hawaii is we can celebrate the Ball Dropping in NYC at 7 PM here. Don't believe I could stay up to midnight any more.

I was going for a walk a bit ago but we were having "liquid sunshine" but now see only sun so will grab my walking stick, hat, and dark glasses and go for my walk around the building and see what is what outside.

They will be having a nice dinner with music for us residents this evening and I will wear a long red muu muu I have.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Nalani, it sounds like a lovely evening for you.
                      Happy New Year!

We had rain this morning....i'd gone to take nap, but E didn't notice it at all. But I saw the wet concrete and puddles. So another day of the sun eluding us. This is so unusual for us! Tomorrow, a greater chance of rain, but also a low tem predicted as well. I hate feeling cold, and even with the furnace on I am feeling cold.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                      X