Dec. 10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dec. 10

It's only 43 degrees here and we still haven't turned the heat on. I covered all my tender plants last night just in case. What's everybody doing today?
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Hi karlinann! Well, it is 28 here and we do have the heat on - and the fireplace! Where are you located?

So today it looks like we will have to leave home for the grocery store. Supplies are getting pretty low. Not really, I guess. I just haven't figured out what to do with what is here.

Need to start thinking about a dish for church, as well.

Hope everyone, including Rufus, is doing well.

Have we heard from JoG?

Have a good day, Friends.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      We live in central Florida. We like a cooler temperature than most people. The cold makes it easier to breathe. I just stack another quilt on the bed at night. It is kind of primitive, but by the same token we don't want to pay the high utility bills. It is supposed to be warm the rest of the week and everything will be fine.

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..

It got cold last night..Down to the 19'..No snow..

And it is 18' right now..We are staying home..And making homemade wreath with pone cones..Now working on myChirstmas gifts..
    I too much help to day..lol..and everyone stay warm...

Comment

Good morning everyone.

​Today.... move my furniture around for winter time, put up my Christmas decorations on the fireplace mantel, and carry my "shelving" for the countertops. The installer will be here to install my new countertops. This time I'm going with the flat breakfast bar. I had a raised bar before, and that's where the "shelving" is coming from. I also have a countertop next to my stove which will also be used as shelving in my shed.

​After the countertops, I will have the backsplash measured to go all the way up to the top of the window. Will see if I can have the subway tile wrapped around at the end of the countertop. I sometimes splatter the wall there while using my mixer or slicer. I want the white subway tile put together with the dark grey grout. Also want about a 3" strip of grey, white and black tile to separate the white tile. That strip should tie in the countertops, appliances and newly painted light grey cabinets. Of course the cabinets will be painted last.

At least this remodel shouldn't make as big of a mess as the other projects that I've done to the house. Am really anxious to get the kitchen done. I've pictured all this in my mind for about 3 years. As you can see, I don't act on impulse. It takes me time to think about what I want.

​I to am concerned about my sleeping buddy Rufus. I hope Sharon will post today and let us know how he is.

Wishing everyone a good day.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        the colors in the kitchen tile sound perfect! I am always watching the remodel shows and checking things online and love the look!

Good morning. I'm out of breath a lot, these days days. My voice is deeper. Ive got X-rays coming....

Just got the x-rays. That was quick.

So much going on. I barely keep up.

I feel like I have extra techs today.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning....My day at Saint E yesterday was bitter sweet...I really really enjoyed the day with the individuals but was sad to hear that 2 of my favorite men will soon be in nursing homes....Too much for their loved ones to handle at home any more...

Today I am going to a Christmas party with my friends that I do fun things with.

My oldest niece has her first formal event..I can't believe she is old enough for this...and her dress makes her look even more grown up...she has turned into a beautiful little lady!!! I hope to see pictures as she and a Friend are getting ready together...Both are homeschool so this is a first for both of them...They are so excited!! My youngest niece has her Christmas party tommarrow and gets to wear her footie pajamas she is really excited about that too! She is going to use my boots...I can't believe she is old enough to have feet the same size as mine!!!

Comment

Cold this morning and no sun. Looks like a normal depressing winter sky. I slept 7 hours last night!! Have not done that in many years...had a headache when I went to bed and took a pill. Still have the headache but it has reached that naggy stage. Weather changes always affect my head but usually don't prompt 7 hours of sleep! Made a quick run out yesterday for milk and then spent the day home. This darn train is still not up and I am getting very aggravated...I cannot put gifts under the tree and incomplete track is driving me crazy. Guess I will need to throw a hussy fit. This train worked fine and was all set up in an hour last year but this year they are making a big ordeal out of running the same train we have ran around the tree for years and years. I am short on Christmas spirit this season anyway. I still cannot find my full dose of spirit this year. Jo, good to hear from you. You are so remarkably strong! Sharon, kitty any better? Jostoy will you have your kitchen back for Christmas? Think I will sit and look at all the needs to be done then probably take my sore head to bed. Just so you all know how I feel about it...Winter sucks!

Comment

• jostoy
            jostoy commented
            Editing a comment
            Maxie, I doubt it, but then I'm not expecting any company, so it doesn't matter.

• cookielady
            cookielady commented
            Editing a comment
            Tell us how you REALLY feel about winter.....LOL!

Good Afternoon....the sun is shining again...love it....but man is it bitter cold out there. It takes your breath away.

Yesterday was good. I had good plans to sit & do paperwork, but that got shot almost as soon as I said it. Dang....I had to work in the kitchen. The restaurant called & ordered a cake, a pie, & 30 mini carrot cakes. A new customer came, tasted a few, and placed an order. I don't know, but my day just flitted away. Oh...I did mix up 6 batches of sugar cookie dough and choc chip dough. I started the morning with only needing 6 doz sugar cookies and by noon I needed 18 doz total. The choc chip cookies I baked off because that's the treat my niece, who turned 21 yesterday, chose. So I wanted to get them ready so my Mom could take them up to her today when they are taking her out for dinner. Of course I had to take some for Becca too. We went up to the college for Becca's CapStone presentation and then went out to dinner. I heard great things about the restaurant in town there. How good their food was & so much like home cooking. Well....their Mom must have been a lousy cook. It was good, but not much flavor. The only thing I was crazy about was the sticky bun that came with the meal. Now that was to die for. I'll dream about those.

This morning I work around 5am and willed myself back to sleep since Saturday is my only day to sleep in. I woke around 8:30 which is super late for me. Then a friend called from Bradford to chat and it was 9:50 before we got off the phone. I felt like my morning was completely shot. Was just getting ready to make the cream cheese icing for the carrot cakes, which a new customer called. She came over for a list and to taste test. Got her order. I've got my sugar cookie dough out warm up a bit. Blaise wants to go to the library...we'll see. I just want to hunker down & stay warm. Suppose to snow a lot tomorrow...we'll see. I know Aunt Janet has Bethany there this morning making buns, so she won't be here until later.

((JoG)) Have a good one all!

Comment

I am late and hope you are all well and doing what you planned for the day.
            I woke around 3:00am and felt like a cold was coming on. the baby has one and I had him on my lap all afternoon and he coughed and sneezed on me a lot. I was using wipes to try and keep myself cleaned up, but, my nose was running and my cough woke me up. So Zicam at 3:00 and again at 8:00 and we will see if all that talk I do how it worked in the past is still good.
            Becky has a bad infection on her arm and is home all day with no volunteering at the shelter so she can keep it elevated and iced. It isn't cellulitis (yet) and with one more week of school and all of it Finals, this just isn't a good way to end the semester.
            Rainy day here, so not all that bad to be in and clearing up the kitchen from all the cooking yesterday for the shelter dinner. If you are on my Facebook page you will see a pan of scalloped potatoes that my friend's friend made. She made two. And I know the guests ate well, it is just not my idea of scalloped potatoes. I grew up with homemade and not ones that come in a box.
            so I am only saying that here. I

Comment

• Paula A
              Paula A commented
              Editing a comment
              My phone rang and then friends came over and I didn't get to close correctly.
              Have a great day, rain or shine or whatever is coming down on you.
              Nothing like sending snow sleds and scooters to keep the snow away!
              JoG, take care and rest up.
              Sharon, if you keep petting Rufus does that get him to smell better to Gus? I haven't googled yet for help, but wonder if there are any hints about introducing pets. Keeping you all in my heart!
              Take care and share what you can to send into the lives of others!

Day late and lots of dollars short...hubby home and for some reason just plan ole getting under my skin, talk and talks without looking to see if I am busy, on the phone, etc...what's up with that. Still very worried about Rufus, things with him and Sam getting a little better, washed all the bedding, etc. took the kennel out in the garage, and used Sam's blanket and rubbed it all over Rufus before washing...Rufus refuses to eat the c/d food and is driving us crazy so started mixing the regular food with the c/d food hoping to gradually get them use to the other food.
            Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Working...
            X