Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday ~ November 19

Good Morning, Everyone.

Nephews arrived at 5:a to go deer hunting. They leave their Gator here, arrive in a truck and load up in that gator to head to the deer stand. They don't get us involved in all this, but that darn Gator is so loud that you can hear it in 3 counties. No way to sleep when that gets going. Not a good idea to read until 2a.

Finally cold here this morning. We hit 85 yesterday so naturally it will drop 20 degrees and give everyone a shock.

Have no clue what today will bring.

Have a good Saturday Everyone.

Winter is here...in the 30s . Burr...I really liked that warm weather we were having. Don't know why I am up so early since my bed was so warm and I don't have to leave here for a couple of hours. Today is the family Thanksgiving at my sisters. I have hosted Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners for so many years and it is nice to be the guest....even if I have to drive 2 hours. Last year was the first time I did not cook for anyone outside of this house and I am still excited! Andrew brought home a progress report and his grades were great..even a comment about his improved handwriting...dad makes him write spelling words. Everything is a work in progress with that kid. Have one more Christmas gift left to buy then stocking stuffers for the kids. Hope to start wrapping tomorrow and then will get a good idea of where I am. Tree will go up next weekend Jon is off but I have seen some up already! Nothing new but the cold. Have a wonderful weekend.

Comment

I copy and pasted my morning message...here it is

I am awake with my cup of coffee...and a crazy cat! She is so nervous about their being people in the house that she doesn't know at all..that she won't even eat her wet food...she woke me up to get it for her and now she won't touch it...

Yesterday was a really hard day...I received word while at work that we lost my lost step grandmother...She saved my grandpa after my grandma hoffman died...Grandpa wasn't ready to be alone and didn't know how to take care of him self very well..He and Margie were married less than 2 years after Grandma Hoffman died...I have more "grandma" memories of marg than of my own grandmother I was 10 when we lost her....Evidently Marg had been in pretty bad health...and really went down hill..I had not seen her for a few years...Her son my dad's step brother had to taken her to his home up by Chicago to live when she could no longer live alone. She is in heaven now with the only 2 men she ever dated...her first husband and my grandpa. I will always remember playing cards and drinking pepsi with them...and eating way to much food...We are all choosing to remember her at the kitchen table at the apartment....Her son said she got down to less than 100 pounds...There will be no graveside service or anything she will go straight to the cemitary for burial...not even going to embalm her..I just don't understand...I have to choose to not think about it.

Today is another work day at my sisters...I don't really want to go because my arm hurts and its really cold outside..I will go though...

Cori has calmed down....she was frieking out because she had no place to hide...my pillows were blocking her hiding place...My niece and our cousin were here yesterday...and scaring her because they wanted her to come out so bad...I tried to tell them to leave her alone...they wouldn't listen...especially my own niece...she is 12 and totally acts it...I think it happened over night...she is/was a brat...I am so over her being this way...ready for her to mature into a sweet girl again...

Now that I have written a book I am off to the shower...my mom is making eggs and bacon...and the whole 9 yards..

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        I was remembering you were looking for a purse...was it a specific kind or brand? My mom bought one that she decided she doesn't need and gave it to me. I have so many I could send this to you...
        I will send you a picture on PM in Facebook.

Good Morning, seems like it's been forever since I've been here. Getting paperwork set up here. Don't spend alot of time on line since I don't have my own computer set up. Getting colder here too, just pull the blanket up a little tighter. Don't know how it is going to work out once I have to move "into" the house. I've been sleeping on the enclosed carport with Ebil but once I have to come inside don't know if I will be able to bring her in or not. There are always 2 dogs in here and she just don't like dogs. That plus the fact she is still shy of people.

Comment

• bethina
        bethina commented
        Editing a comment
        Determined my cori cat is terrified of people...I have not ever seen her like this...she won't eat and she keeps hiding she won't even come out for a drink

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        Good to hear from you Darla...with the cold weather you are probably getting a little cold outside already...feel bad for Ebil....

Good morning, all. Looks like a good rain is on it's way. It is still northwest of us but will hit the Bay Area soon. Looks like 24 hours of good rain. .

Went shopping yesterday even though I didn't feel a bit like it. Just went to Walmart and didn't go to my regular market. First time I have shopped in their grocery store as it just opened about a week ago. Still haven't got their deli going very well and their seafood is inadequate. I hope both improve but I plan on sticking with the store I already use most of the rime.

Beth some cats that I have had never get socialized. That's just the way they are. Yes, 12 year olds can be a real pain. Lets hope she grows out of it soon.

Gotta get busy. Lots to do before GS and family arrive on Tue. Later.

Comment

Good morning.
        Apparently I wake at 7am now, when the daylight begins. But I did get a good nights sleep last night again.
        Yay! Today E comes home. Did Mother Nature give us 81° for today and tomorrow because he'll be back? Then it drops to a high of 65° for two days, with a good chance of rain.

Well, E's brother is still in the hospital. They found a mass in his lungs that is probably cancer, which has spread to his liver. Any chemo side effects would not be good for him. His kids are looking for hospice care. He won't last long.
        As E was leaving, he went to get a drink and found hard-to-find Clark bars, his brother's favorite, and took one up to him immediately. His brother was very happy with his little gift.

I did bake gingerbread cupcakes yesterday. I wonder what became of the Dromedary ( sp?) brand. I am not fond of the Betty Crocker taste at all. But it's all the stores carry. I know I don't have all the ingredients to make it from scratch. Oh well.

Beth, it sounds like your cat is terrified by the guests. The girls do need to leave her alone.
        Determined, it's nice to see you posting again.

Well, breakfast time.
        The furnace needs looking at, so I'm glad E can do that when he returns. All too easily I get cold these days.

So ~ have a great day, everyone.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          I use the Krusteaz brand. Do you have it there?

Barb, and everyone else: the rain moved in here last night and is still going strong. The patio is all wet with the overflow of the yard running across.
        And it is forecast for rain all week! I knew I should have raked last night after daycare.
        Elaine, no Gator here, but a helicopter flying a grid (police ) over our area for an Hour! Right when I first went to bed around 9:00 and went on until I finally just decided to go to sleep.
        Nothing like wondering who they are looking for and what is going on...but I kept the house phone right on my bedside table and crazy barking Chihuahua guard dog on the bed and felt safe enough. Will wait and see today what people post. I just didn't want to ask last night.
        I have one appointment this morning at 8:30 then I will get the turkey in the oven.
        Our cat was a rescue cat from Sacramento when Becky lived there and he never comes out when people are around. He hides somewhere in my closet.
        I better go get my hair dried and get dressed. the weather makes for a snuggly inside day, and I need to remind myself I have to get going!
        Hope you allare doing well.
        So glad to hear form you Darla!

Comment

Good Morning! We woke to the sun shining, but the big heavy gray clouds have rolled in and it looks like snow out there.

Yesterday was good. Sue & I iced sugar cookies for 3 hrs and got 20 doz done. We ran out of icing and I didn't have anymore pwd sugar to make anymore. When she left, I headed into town to the bank & Aldi's. Stocked up on the pwd sugar and a few other items. Their cream cheese is still $.89, so I bought another 24 because I'll go through it sooner or later. I used 15 of the 24 I had bought last week already. Came home and just puttered around. Didn't accomplish much more. Blaise got another "disrespectful" point, so now he's lost TV & computer ALL WEEKEND. Blah! It's the muttering under his breath that's getting him in trouble. If ya don't have anything nice to say, say nothing.

My morning started a bit rough. I really bottomed out a little before 5am. That caused me to be a little slow getting up this morning & now I have a big headache. Ate a good breakfast. After that I headed to Saxonburg to go to the bank there and to DG. I had coupons to combine with their sale items. Saved over $17. Now to find my energy and get back to icing at least 10 doz cookies today. We'll see. Have to make the icing first. It was so nice doing with Sue. We had a rhythm going and we just whipped those cookies off. I did all the hand icing and she dipped in the sugar & decorated if need be.

Well I guess I better get moving. I have 2 pies to bake too for a 5pm pick up. Have a good one all!

Comment

We have the Krusteaz brand here, but I didn't see gingerbread. Will have to look again.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

good afternoon...

been on the move. last min.preparations for son Mike and wife Pam. they live in Co springs.. flew to Denver, then straight flight to Pittsburgh... Its snowing right now.. and 31. so they may end up landing in snowy conditions. but they have a 4 wheel drive vehicle already ordered at airport..

I do have macaroni Salad. made. plus got lots of lunch meat, cheese. ( fresh buns). and making a peach cobbler for dessert.. so we won't have to go back out after they arrive.
              House is "ready"... as is is going to get...

our deer season starts next week Elaine.. too many houses right in this vicinity for any shooting to go on..
              Darla.. if you just sleep on the porch... get one of those heavy duty sleeping bags the guys take camping... crawl in .cover you head.. leave it out there for Ebil to cuddle into too.
              JoG.. happy to hear hubby will soon be home with you.... sorry about his brother.. cancer is a mean thing..
              HI Barb.... I like my "routine " stores best, too... at least you can find stuff right away...
              Hi Bethina. poor Kitty .. mine goes and hides when we have company .. she only makes up with people who have "treats" in hand
              Maxie, good news about Andrew... all the help at home is Working!!!.. he will be so proud of himself too.
              Hi Paula and Donna.

and everyone who is as late as me...

Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

HI Maye....
                It's going to be a double whammy on the family. E's brother's wife died Wednesfay night, after E spent the day with them.
                His brother can't last too long with his ailments right now. We weren't aware of the cancer before this. Between that and his grief, which does he feel worst?
                He did get excited when E gave him a hard-to-find Clark bar (which he found in the hospital store) when he said good night to him. It has always been his favorite candy bar.
                But I doubt that the man will see Christmas this year. I'm told that he cried when shown a picture of his wife. 😢
                And now it will be a relief to have E home. It's been quiet here long enough. Though I did give him permission to stay longer, he wants/needs to come home.

My kids & niece have been calling, texting and emailing me the last couple of days. It's nice that I can count on them if I need something.they are all willing to make the 1 or 2 hour drive if I just ask.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                X