Wed 10/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wed 10/19

Not a good morning....woke up with a massive head ache....walked into the door frame while trying to figure out why cori is crying now I have nice lump on the forehead ...still haven't figured that one out.

Sersiously thinking that I need a do over for this day!!

Good Morning.

beth, I overestimated my climb into bed the other night and gave myself a goosegg on my forehead, too.

Not much going on. Still super hot here. We are getting quite a lot of falling pecans, so that is keeping John busy picking them up.

New glasses are here but not sure I want to make the trip to town to pick them up.

Chicken fried steak again for lunch.

Have a good day, Everyone.

Comment

I sure hope today not much is going on, I really do need a day of rest...yesterday was busy doing something until around 4:30.... got my shower, sorted dirty laundry, put a load of towel in washer, got dressed, got my grocery list and headed out shopping...found granddaughters birthday gifts, stopped at another store for wrapping paper and a card, came home got them wrapped and boxed up for shipment, went to post office to mail...then headed to grocery store, got what I needed so I thought, even had a list and read it many times, got home and I still forgot to get milk so back I went...came home made chicken enchilada's for supper and did two more loads of laundry, hubby cleaned up the kitchen after supper...was exhausted...having a cold just wears me out...

Today I will clean out the fridge, and possibly unload the motorhome of canned goods and other things, time to get it put away for winter...I hope to curl up with a warm blanket and my book today also...Hubby said last night, "thanks a lot for sharing your cold with me", LOL sorry hubby...

Have a great day one and all...the trees are really starting to change color and it is a beautiful sight to behold...love fall of the year.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good RAINY Morning! Yesterday was beautiful. The trees are brilliant colors this year.

Yesterday I didn't accomplish all that I had hoped to, but still a fair amount. Sue came and she was a huge help. She brought a scoop with her & she scooped all my cookie dough for me, so all I have to do is bake it off. I'm going to have her come one day next week and do the same. Didn't get the pumpkin rolls made. I didn't have powdered sugar to make the icing/filling. Went to Aldi's, got home, was unpacking everything, and Kathy came. Kind of put a bump in my flow, which was fine, but I didn't get the PR made yesterday. Got most of the cookies baked off though. Made a dish for dinner per Corky's request. Cleaned up and then it was time to head out the door to meet my SIL and friends to see Revival US 2016 at the theater. It was very moving. Got home around 10:30pm.

This morning I'm going to make my cream cheese filling/icing for the PR, then head into town to deliver the 2 pies to the doctor's office then up to Aldi's to get their new sale items. If you don't get there the first day of the new sale, you usually don't get the meat special. Then it's home to make PR's and bake off the rest of the cookies.

Oh Elaine, I wished I had some of those pecans.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning

did not wear my socks to bed and got nasty spasm in my ankles and up one leg... that will bring you wide awake and keep you awake until it lets go...!.. grabbed the ibuprofen bottle to start working on the arthritis....
          I am DONE with the Neuronton,!. ( shingles med).well, hope so. no recurring pain ,yet...... now to recuperate from the side effects of the medicine.... which is a nasty cough./sinus drainage.. and I could not take the ibuprofen for aching knees .. May NONE of you ever get shingles. even the mild case.!... the shot did help keep down the horrible blisters but the pain is bad stuff.... it did teach me what people who live with chronic pain go through.. and I will be kinder now to poor hubby and others.

Sharon .. ROTFLMHO... I love your idea of "need a day of rest" . then do what all you did yesterday!... that many trips in and out of store is enough to wear out a champion hurdler!..

Elaine and Bethina,, ahhhh matching bumps... I have a big bruise on my arm. from bumping "something".. can I join you two.

today.. make a nice lunch.. mail out bills. and have my two students this evening .. .. and then clean whatever crosses my line of vision . was looking at front porch windows that kitty has smeared up but its kind of wet .steamy.. .so skip that job.. maybe clean a shelf or two in kitchen cupboards...must be a bunch of out of date stuff on those high ones..

will be back to see what the rest of you are doing ..
          Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

• determined
            determined commented
            Editing a comment
            Aunt Maye, there is a commercial running down here about a lawsuit for people who took the shingles shot and still got shingles. Can't remember the number but it is an 800 one. Doesn't say if they simply pay for the treatment that you had to have or if there is some payment for your pain and suffering.

--------
            did not see that commercial Darla.
            I don't think it said the shot was to be 100 percent .. so from now on all you folks can refer to me as 1 percent... Just that the outbreak would be milder... which it was in a way.. no big awful blistery pimple... but the nerve pain under the skin were exceedingly painful..
            Last edited by Mayebarnes; 10-19-2016, 04:07 PM.

Gloomy and suppose to rain..hope so. It will settle some of the construction dust. We had pizza out last night and I was miserable for a few hours but it was worth not having to cook. Tonight is leftover spaghetti sauce and I hope some meatballs are left. Kids will eat leftover spaghetti like it is a gourmet meal. Homework last night was long. Drew had 12 math problems and he is so slow and they were multiplying 4 numbers by 1 to teach them to carry and add and oh my..lots of math. He plodded through and then had social studies so there was barely had time for spelling before mom picked him up. He spent from 5:30 until 7"30 when his mom came doing homework. That is getting off the bus at 4:00, eating out and then nothing but homework. Kid deserves some me time I think! I don't have the patience anymore...used it all up doing homework with his dad years ago! Blues lost in over time last night, great game, late night. Need to run out for a loaf of Italian bread and a gallon of milk for supper. Sierra has a canceled class so will be here for lunch so I had better check for sandwich supplies too. Tell me, did we always do this much running around in our daily lives before? I remember when we had only one car...how did I do all this running around then? Is it all necessary or are we making ourselves more work? Oh well, doesn't matter, still need to get out for stamps and bread and milk..

Comment

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..

I thought we good pic of some kind..
            Not much it is going here.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Paula A
              Paula A commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh my gosh! I love this!!!

• sassygirl01
              sassygirl01 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank-you..It is cute...
              THAT is my Cat.K.D. .. black face ,white underneath... and I agree with this kitty too!.Maye
              Last edited by Mayebarnes; 10-19-2016, 04:09 PM.

Good Morning, it's rainy and dreary here which kind of suits the mood, today would have been the handicapped nieces 42nd birthday and so has us all just a little blue. Still have 4 babies, have to fix them a soft egg in a bit, I think I'm dealing with 2 different litters each of 2 kittens. The 2 bigger ones tear into the soft egg yolk and do a pretty good job of lapping it up. The 2 smaller ones not so much. I really was hoping that the "good" momma would decide that she would do the bathing even if she couldn't feed them, no such luck. We know that 2 of them belong to the momma who will only take care of them until they are about 4 weeks (I think about the time they start getting teeth). Neighbor called and one of Charlotte's cats had had kittens up at his house. They are about half grown, he caught them and brought them down here, as big as they are I'm sure as soon as they are let out of the cage she has them in they are going to go right back down the road.

Comment

Sharon, you wore me out reading all that you did!
              Yesterday the baby went home a little early because he was feeling warm to me and had been just wanting me to hold him. His mom got him home and his temp was 101.4 so he won't be here today and probably has what his Kindergarten sister had last week. I loaned out my ear thermometer a few years ago and never got it back, but I could tell holding him he was warmer than normal.
              The garbage truck has been by already and the one to pick up the lawn waste will be here soon and then the noise will go down. With all the wind and rain we have had the leaves were much easier to pick up. For one thing the wind blew them all into a pile up by my back yard fence! I was worried I would regret letting my lawn care service go when the leaves started to drop but so far I have been able to stay on top of it...as much as they did. The big fruitless mulberry tree out front drops leaves all the time, so it only looked really raked up the one day they came and then it just starts falling again until it is bare. Around here the trees are just starting to turn (maple) and the mulberry I have is just in the yellowish green stage.
              I envy your trees that really turn. I drive around town and enjoy seeing the ones that people have planted that do turn. The oaks around here just go from dull green to dull brown. And mulberry just to yellow.
              Ok, I am not complaining. It is too good a day for that.
              Your chicken fried steak sounds so good, Elaine.
              Maye, I need to do the same thing with my upper shelves. I amnot even sure what I have put up there...and if I haven't used it by now, I probably won't.
              Beth, I hope that bump doesn't bruise too bad and you and Elaine leaves the goose eggs to the geese!
              Take care and stay healthy! Donna, you keep me amazed at your stamina. good thing you know how to balance the work with the fun things you do with family and friends.
              It will be warmer today and upper 70's low 80's. Time to get outside and rake and clear out the shed some more!
              't

Comment

Good morning.
                Today I'm still stiff and sore all over from my fall on Sunday, despite the fact that at least my knees are not still swollen today. Didn't sleep well last night, due to traffic/truck noises outside the hotel, so I awoke late this morning. E too.

We are in Yuma AZ today, a border city to CA. Enroute, where there's miles of nothing but nothing to see, the mountains were a fabulous sight. One long range of mountains appeared to be gigantic piles of boulders. Then suddenly we were in the midst of mountains that looked like gigantic sand dunes. Don't know if we will be able to make it home today, but if we don't we'll make it by tomorrow. At our age we don't drive as far or as long as we used to.

Sharon, if E complains about my passing onto him my cold, I tell him he's honored because I don't pass my colds on to just anyone. 😂

Sassy, I adore that cat! I can relate to it !!! 😸

Beth, Elaine.... Ouch! I feel for you.

Darla, when a mama cat gives up her litter, it's totally given up on it. Kittens in the litter may look differently, or have different levels of abilities. Some need a bit more care than others.

Well, time to get ready for breakfast. Then hit the road to home.
                Have a good day, peeps.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                X