Monday October 17

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday October 17

My weekend of camping was pretty wonderful...other than the bugs that made meals out of of my ankles...thanks to them I can't wear socks itches way to much! I am going to walmart or some place after work to get anti itch stuff. My favorite part of the weekend...just being with my family and watching my nieces with their friends. Lots and Lots of good food.

Work today...errands this afternoon..resting this evening.

Good Morning, Friends.

Another Monday and the usual blood test at 8:30 for John and two shots to help boost his bone marrow. If his Hemoglobin is too low, that could mean a blood transfusion.

Other than that, no plans and no news.

Hope you all have a good day.

Comment

Good Morning! Dreary here.

Yesterday was good. Spent the afternoon in the kitchen. Made my potato salad then started baking off the bat sugar cookies and then the snickerdoodles. Thought I'd lay down and take a power nap, but a friend called to ask about cherries that have been in his freezer & wondered if they'd be good enough for pies. Then he ask if we liked deer sausage...never had it, but would be willing to try. Here he was out in the driveway....the goon! Never got to my nap. Cleaned up the kitchen and then it was time to go play cards. Nice evening.

This morning I'll be finishing baking off the cookie dough, mix up some pie dough, and start mixing up other cookie dough. Finally got the wedding order last night & it's only 71 dozen cookies, so I'll be able to have that all done by next week. Got to pace myself this week. Maureen is coming on Thursday afternoon, so I've got to get this place looking presentable.

Aunt J is suppose to be coming over to scoop grease balls and do some major chatting.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Morning all

Chris and I had our first day off together in over 3 months yesterday. We went to the beach with friends, went shopping, and then met the same friends at our fav little hole in the wall restaurant for dinner and walked out onto the County Pier for a while. A lovely relaxing day.

But today is Monday <cue the Jaws music>

And we're back to the grind.

Y'all have a good 'un.
        The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.

Comment

Good morning everyone..

Rise and shine..

I was close to the mail box..Then i had great idea..To put those Pine Cone into wreath..

Now i am claeing those Pine Cones..Before i put them in the wreath...

Here is funny pic..And it will make your day..

Comment

Good Morning, good morning, how great it was to sleep in my own bed, with a cat right beside me, LOL....What I brought back with me is a nasty cold, way to many children and adults not covering themselves when they cough and sneeze, all the hand sanitizer in the world doesn't stop that. Over 2, 300 miles we drove in the motorhome, trip was busy not very much down time at all, glad I had all the food cooked that I did when we got back in the evenings...The grandgirls were so very, very excited by all they got to see and do, as well as us adults...a whole lot of walking for sure, for two days...our son in law took their golf cart which we used a lot at the many campgrounds we stayed at..My favorite of all was the ride Soarin, simply amazing...hubby is home today needs to get grassed mowed and I will start on doing laundry off all the sheets, blankets, towels used during our stay as well as clothing...hopefully lots more rest also...this cold is kicking my butt, made for a not so good ride back home...will have to read and catch up with all that is happening here...just really never had any down time to check up and post...

Have a great day one and all, so good to be back 'home' with all of you. thought of you all and missed you

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Oh, boffler. Soarin is my favorite ride, too! they are changing the one in Disneyland to a world view instead of the Soarin over californa it has been. What was the WDW ride?
              Monday will be rainy and windy here. Probably won't be outside time with the wind driving the rain onto the covered patio.
              Our new baby will kprobably get to come home from the hospital this week. She has the feeding tube out and is doing well, healing up from her surgery. My SIL, the new grandmother who works at Disney World, has off until the 24th, so I know she is hopeful lto get everyone back under one roof before she has to leave and go back home to Florida. Another daughter is getting married the 6th of November and then her youngest daughter (the first to get married) is due to have her baby the first of December...so, busy time for her.
              Have a great day, stay away from all those pesky, airborne germs!
              Sassy, I made a Fall wreath this weekend for my friend and used some pinecones as well as some nice fake leaves and vines. I love making wreaths.

Comment

• sassygirl01
                sassygirl01 commented
                Editing a comment
                Paula A,Really...How cute...You are so sweet...That is good idea..
                Metoo..i love all the &quot;NEW&quot; ideas..

Good morning everyone.

​Got home yesterday afternoon, and started right in doing my laundry. The camper is now completely set-up and anchored down. All I have to do the next time over is close it up for the winter. Depends on the weather if I go for a couple of days or do it in 1 day and come home.

I think sleeping on the couch instead of my bed over there has done my back in. Of course trying to get in and out of my cousin's truck didn't help it any. All I know is that my back starting hurting so bad Saturday night that I wanted to cry.

​Today will be trying to get my back in shape, and to go get a new perm later this morning. Think I'll wait until tomorrow to mow the yard and leaves. Wind gusts are to be up to 40 mph today and tonight. That will bring a lot of leaves to the ground.

​Everyone have a great day.
              Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Soarin is my all time favorite also! I haven't done the new version yet but certainly will next summer. The WDW version is probably the same as the California version. I never get tired of that ride and as long as the lines are at all times of day it is a fav of most people. How long were the lines this time of the year? Glad you had a good trip. Sorry about the cold...I have sanitizer everywhere when out ! If the sheets are out at a store I will pull the liquid out from my pocket and wipe down handles on carts. Today will be near 90 here with the sun blazing!! Of course yesterday I switched out my summer clothes. I will take any day that brings the air conditioner on. Both kids for supper tonight and I think I have a pork roast...of course last week I thought I had turkey and we ended up with chicken. Kids both like pork and little red potatoes. It has been a quiet weekend and the house has stayed so nice and clean. I miss those days of cleaning one day and it looked like it all week. Nothing big or small planned for the week so will have a whatever week. That certainly leaves room for anything that pops up unexpectedly!

Comment

Good Morning, still have 4 babies, the bigger orange one I call "big mouth" if it hears movement it starts in like it is starving, even if it has just been fed, There is a black with orange spots that I have been calling clorox because it looks like some one has spilled bleach on him. The other 2 just get called "baby" of little one. Niece has said that I can not show her the grey and white on or it will end up at her house.

Comment

Good morning.
                    I'm stiff and sore all over, but normal activities should work it out. E is downstairs getting me some breakfast. He worries so much, but he really doesn't like to see me hurting. I'll be okay.
                    Having my coffee seems to help. The hotel serves Starbucks', and surprisingly it's not super strong. Not bad, but probably enough caffeine to kill aches and minor pains.

Supposed to be a very cool 72° high today with 40% chance of rain. Looking forward to today's sightseeing.
                    Hope the weather holds up enough, doesn't get too bad.

Sounds like everyone is already into the day. Hope John's blood work goes well, Elaine.

Have a good day, all.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Aloha all!

Sassy Girl, those kitties are having a feast! Had to smile at the picture.

Jo, hope the coffee works for the aches and pains.

This place is in an uproar as they have changed management and the new management is changing how things are done. None of it sounds good. Have cut back on what the kitchen serves and the chef has had his budget changed. Cannot have the especially good meals he was able to serve on special days.

Have a good day all.

Comment

• sassygirl01
                        sassygirl01 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Nalani,They sure are...It made me smile too..It is too cute for words..
                    Working...
                    X